TForce | Saftey Classes

you do not need a key in the ignition because we have no freight, so the truck does not have to move, so we all save, the companys saves on fuel and wages, and we save wear and tear on our uniforms and do not have to launder them so often, look out here comes all the freight look out it should be here anyday now, just keep your keys ready it is coming.....fedex must be shaking in their boots...sell your ups stock and buy bonds.

you do not need a key in the ignition because we have no freight, so the truck does not have to move, so we all save, the companys saves on fuel and wages, and we save wear and tear on our uniforms and do not have to launder them so often, look out here comes all the freight look out it should be here anyday now, just keep your keys ready it is coming.....fedex must be shaking in their boots...sell your ups stock and buy bonds.

You wash your uniforms? I didn't know that. I thought we all just looked like we are camofluaged in grease. :biglaugh:

You wash your uniforms? I didn't know that. I thought we all just looked like we are camofluaged in grease. :biglaugh:

You got grease? We haven't had any here in months. My fifth wheel is permanetly attached to my trailer. Some rocket scientist must of did a cost analysis.....grease versus clean uniforms. Well now we have neither!!! :hysterical:

I have a spray can of WD-40 in my tractor,for my squeeky doors.
Also to spray on overhead door tracks,so I won't throw my back out pushing it open.
I spray down my fith wheel when it needs a squirt or two.

You can purchase this mulit duty spray in dollar stores,and a lot of other retail out-lets.
Wally world has it cheap most of the time.

If your a real dedicated employee you won't mind shelling out some green,to avoid the aggervation of not having the right stuff at your local terminal,to keep your equipment so you can keep operating it,and making your paycheck.

Now usually I am not in the habit of bringing shop maintenance items from home for a billion dollar company. :smilie_132: BUT the other day I did bring my own bolt to re-attach a handle on the crank of the trailer I use. Of course when I dropped it at the yard I took my bolt home with me. :Poke:

Now usually I am not in the habit of bringing shop maintenance items from home for a billion dollar company. :smilie_132: BUT the other day I did bring my own bolt to re-attach a handle on the crank of the trailer I use. Of course when I dropped it at the yard I took my bolt home with me. :Poke:

Thats funny....Hell just tke the trailer and everything home...Save the company time that way....

That bolt joke is funny.
But I'm not that cheap.I've done this very same thing a few times,but I leave the parts where I put them.
If the company falls apart and we allow that to happen,then we will have to go job hunting.
So with the price of gas I think its a whole lot cheaper to let them keep me nuts,and bolts.
besides I found most of them on trailer floors from broken boxes when I was sweeping up.

Yes, and we should let the maintenance department know that they should keep plenty of starters and ignition switches in stock. And we should also have the phone numbers for the local tow truck company's as 90% of the junks won't make it through the day.

Yes,I agree, and do not forget door lock's, ooohhh is that a bad word, I am quite sure when they break ,they will put an order in....

You got grease? We haven't had any here in months. My fifth wheel is permanetly attached to my trailer. Some rocket scientist must of did a cost analysis.....grease versus clean uniforms. Well now we have neither!!! :hysterical:

You have a fifth wheel too grease? Your lucky,,,, My truck has been welded to the trailer, I have a 48' straight job....:hysterical: :hysterical:

Drivers HELLO!!!
How hard is it to get in the routine of sliding the key out of the ignition,with your right hand,then get out of the tractor,locking the door then dropping the key in your right back pocket?

I find it more comfortable to carry my wallet in my left rear pocket,which leaves my right rear pocket empty.

When your ready to depart the stop,you come back,reach down in your right back pocket get the key unlock the door,then pop the key back into the ignition?

If you do this at every stop,after a few days it will be a habit,you'll just do it as part of your daily activites.

Or you can just do what you want,leave to key in the switch,and have the chance of some wacko,or a young kid jumping behind the wheel and doing mega damage before your rig is so trashed it won't run anymore.
Yes the choice is yours.
But if your working for UPS I'm sure you'll make the right choice,or you'll be looking for work elsewhere.

A word to the wise should be good enough.

Yes i can see it now, I'm in the yard trying to get hooked up, forget to take my key with me and lock it up,,,,,,, just when i go to latch my dolly to my front trailer, it takes off in a cloud of dust, disapears out the front gate, never to be seen again.

Cant lock my door anyway, they replaced the lock awhile back, but with a different key, and never gave us the key to the new lock. Kinda aggravating climbing in the passenger door and crawling over to the driver door just to lock it and do the drill again. Maybe I can just get one of those hooks like grandma had on the screen door.

I'd like to share and I thought maybe some of you could share what you have learned in safety class today at UPS Freight.

In the past couple of days I've learned;

That I should tie my boot laces or I'll trip and fall,

There's no running with scissors on company property, :funky:

A seat belt at 5 MPH saves lives, :hysterical:

I also learned to Just say NO. :smilie_132:

:hide:

Fill me please with what you have learned today. I must learn more, My life is incomplete without these revetting UPS Freight safety tips.
Well I learned that the saftey guy at Indy quit the saftey tem,,I guess he don't believe in it either,,, just a thought

APO, LOOK AT IT THIS WAY. If the people you work for do not put the effort into what they expect, and rules are good for some, and not other's, our saftey mission is a joke.

I think, and I am quite sure, alot of people will agree, I do not want to get hit by a switcher, nor the person who got hit by the switcher ( god bless his soul , as well as the family)
and I am sure, the switcher in question did not want to partake in the malitious event of killing someone.

We are not mocking what you take serious, we are mocking those who make the rules , but do not follow them, this is the joke.....
Well just some of the rules seem a little strange to us now..

I agree!!!

But 5 mph in the yard with a seat belt on, saves what? Keys out of the ignition does what? 5 mph in the yard = you and I loosing time and money. Keys out of the ignition = you and I loosing time and money
our speed in the yard is 15mph at Indy,,hee hee hee:hysterical: