Saia has lost overall 100+ driver

Discussion in 'Saia' started by Dirtyrose, Apr 28, 2017.

1. coondogg

coondogg Freight Herder

So no phone usage, including with a Bluetooth headset? What about a hands-free mount and listening to podcasts or audiobooks through the radio? Taking those options away would really screw a road driver.

Last edited: May 21, 2017
    troubleman84 likes this.
  2. runawaytrain

runawaytrain Wear their scorn with pride.

Just don't touch an electronic device while the truck is moving and you will be fine. We have CB's in many of our linehaul units and nothing is said. You can listen, just don't touch while in motion. Pretty simple stuff.

coondogg likes this.
  3. sticker bush

sticker bush New Member

I havent posted anything on here in many years, but i feel some may find helpful. I meet a Louisiana driver. He told me everyone in the south is telling management in coaching sessions: "ill try to do better". Thats it! Thats all they wanna hear and you can get the f 'off the carpet'. Someone said in a post, confrontation does not help. That statement is true.
    Hope everyone enjoys their memorial weekend. THANK YOU VETERANS!

4. bigbuck

bigbuck Active Member

Just tell them "you are right and u am wrong. Always." That should get you out of the office and stroke their already inflated egos a bit.

5. Buggybruiser

Buggybruiser Active Member

That's all we tell our management. Sign the sheet, and go to work.

6. suicidejockey

suicidejockey Active Member

So when another driver is nice enough to tell us about a wreck or a bear up ahead we are just supposed to be silent and not return the favor. Before long we will be known as the stuck up butt holes of the highway how about tell that trucker on the other side about the traffic being stopped on the back side of a hill guess potentially saving the lives of a dozen people doesn't fall under the safety guidelines

7. bigbuck

bigbuck Active Member

Correct. Saia doesn't care about anyone but themselves.

8. 00mustang

00mustang JUST LIVING THE DREAM

Or just the fact of having a nice conversation in the middle of the night as your both running the same way. For me makes the night go faster and I don't care if your union or non just truck driver talk point a to point b

9. runawaytrain

When you drive the same stretch of highway over and over you get a sense of when the cameras have a tendency to go off. Your not fooling anyone. I'm not condoning breaking the company policy but I think you can read between the lines on what I'm talking about. Stop crying on here and do what you do but just be careful and understand the consequences. Just keep your damn mouth shut about what your doing. Bluetooth usage is against company policy but you have to get caught several times before you reach the danger zone. I've been known to talk to myself if you catch my drift. Just don't use those stupid bulky blueparrots. Be smart guys. You will be given more leeway on a Bluetooth because they are not illegal. Just don't get caught on a handset because it's illegal and it's also a $2700 dollar fine that comes out of your pocket. CB's will get you terminated as well if you pick them up so just use caution because they are less tolerate and it is illegal and an electronic device. Remember? That's not on SAIA BROTHERS. That's the DOT. You guys know what you can get away with so just be careful and use extreme caution depending on what your doing. State Troopers sit on overpasses with binoculars these days so I suggest that you remember that especially in the day. Some of you just need to stop acting like Saints. I'm damn sure no Saint. Just be safe and use good judgment and I think you will find that things aren't as bad as many of you want to make things out.

Last edited: May 29, 2017
  10. runawaytrain

If it concerns you that much then just pull over and check your airlines or whatever. Then you can reply and still be within the company policy and the law. Come on man, there is always a way if lives are at stake.

Last edited: May 29, 2017
  11. upnorth

upnorth Super Moderator Staff Member

That is on your company. CB's are exempt from the handsfree law.

troubleman84, Ump and PistonRing83 like this.
  12. runawaytrain

Thought I would try and slip that one in on this dead forum to see who was paying attention. And I can see the ones with no life were all over it. A little power always goes to certain individuals head. I don't need to mention any names. They know who they are.

13. upnorth

upnorth Super Moderator Staff Member

Must be tough having to tow the company line, right or wrong, in order to protect your upcoming retirement. I feel sorry for you.

14. Jo mama Angie daddy

Jo mama Angie daddy Member

Asked my TM and RM that exact question and was told no, they don't want you to use the cb, unless of course you pull over.

15. PistonRing83

PistonRing83 Well-Known Member

He's Beerfd's long lost brother.

16. runawaytrain

No one remembers him except the old Conway boys. I'm more like Redracer3136 ... PR83.I just keep hanging around while you guys just keep on hating. I just love that.

Last edited: May 30, 2017
  17. runawaytrain

[​IMG]
    O where O where did the Beerfd go?

Big Dave likes this.
  18. truckdriver

truckdriver Active Member

Sounds like "The pot calling the kettle black."

19. PistonRing83

PistonRing83 Well-Known Member

He ran his mouth and got banned a couple years ago, then threw a hissy fit and quit the boards altogether.

20. runawaytrain

Well, he was from Dallas too. That explains it. I'm different from him in that way. This board is a game to me, nothing more than lets say "halo" ... Just something to pass the time when I'm bored. Even when I act upset I'm actually not. I'm just playing a part. Some take this board so seriously and I find that very comical. Some really need a life. Those are the ones I really feel sorry for.