SAIA LTL FREIGHT

Discussion in 'New Penn' started by runawaytrain, Mar 12, 2017.

1. LarWoo

LarWoo Member

All the corporate bigwig wigs know these days is how to juggle numbers they know nothing about moving or handling freight. Bigger trailers mean more shipments more revenue per trailer bigger load averages fewer loads less road drivers.

slavenomore likes this.
  2. slavenomore

slavenomore US Gov Hears Foreign Corps More Than Nonunions

.....Yes the post office started using 53's with barn doors to make more revenue.........The little postal lady has been stuck up ontop of the letters in that thing for about a week looking for my mail...........but hey.....it's making money. Them little Jeeps just couldn't do the job according to the theory.

Just kidding.

3. slavenomore

A manager from 02 and Scranton is becoming the TM for the new SAIA terminal in Wilkes-Barre. It opens in February but he is leaving this week.
    He has done a bunch of management jobs at 02 reaching the new Operating Manager position.....and he has been at Scranton the last few months...but since 02 TM quit he has been at 02.

4. allnightrain44

allnightrain44 Active Member

is that ron??

5. slavenomore

Ron.......gone......Yep.

6. Gto561

Gto561 Member

a few yrs ago our president resigned & went over to ADP to take the same position. bunch of NP guys followed. the same thing is happening with the SAIA expansion but it seems much worse. some of our terminals are in shambles due to folks fleeing

7. Crystal

Crystal Well-Known Member

Lawsuit, that's probably it. Back about 12 years ago he claimed he hired a lawyer and sued a Teamster's pension fund in New Jersey. Something about money owed him for his time at the then mobbed backed NEMF.

slavenomore likes this.
  8. ABFer

ABFer Well-Known Member

I think you have it backwards

Keepingon likes this.
  9. Puff Driver

Puff Driver Active Member

Wow you guys are so smart....

Keep it up and perhaps one day you can earn real $$$$$

You sure are some clever trick drivers......

10. slavenomore

UPS is the only REAL money in this business...and I ain't working there....and I know they wouldn't hire you.

fiveandfour likes this.
  11. Crystal

I don't claim to be smart. I just remember some of the untruthful anti Teamster posts you made years ago. You claimed that you had sued the 560 pension fund. I had asked the fund's attorney and was told there were not any lawsuits against the TENJ fund. Later on you admitted that you didn't even have the age to retire. It appears you are still bitter with the union. But at that time it was the mob controlled 560 and NEMF that screwed you. The RICO Act took care of the mob but Myron and NEMF are still going strong.

The Breeze and slavenomore like this.
  12. slavenomore

I thought that NEMF is Machinists?

joes bar and grill likes this.
  13. Crystal

Yes they are but back in the day they were Teamsters. NEMF's owner with the backing of the mob and corrupt union officials somehow got the men to go over to the Machinist union with a better sweetheart deal for the company. The Genoviese crime family had their ways of influencing the men. I can't blame them since the deck was stacked against them..............Back on the old TBs there were many posts on this subject. I don't post much anymore but Puff Drivers constant attacks on the Teamsters touches a nerve. Sorry to take this thread so far off topic.

slavenomore likes this.
  14. Puff Driver

Puff Driver Active Member

Understood, the truth hurts... Paying a union for 'job security' and being sold out is difficult.

Thank heavens the teamsters will never sell out the members again...................

15. Crystal

Sold out by your owner and a corrupt union official who happened to be a mafia captain. You guys could have said no.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_England_Motor_Freight

slavenomore likes this.
  16. Crystal

Puff Driver, since your boss was paying off the mafia for 11 years and it bought him a sweetheart contract why didn't you just leave. Every other LTL freight carrier in North jersey back then was under the Teamsters National Master Freight agreement except for you guys at NEMF. You could have easily got on with any of those companies. But you chose to work for a mobbed up under the hat job. Tell me Puff how many of those other 560 jobs were sold out by Tony Pro and the Teamsters? None that I can recall.

It all happened over 30 years ago but you still keep making less than honest posts about how the whole Teamsters union other than one corrupt mobster screwed you.................By the way how did your lawsuit against the pension fund make out?

slavenomore likes this.
  17. The Breeze

The Breeze New Member

Back in the day everybody knew it was a mob job. Don' act like ya didn't. Maybe it still is... I'll look around an see at the next mafia meeting!

18. seabreeze

seabreeze Not Well Known Member, 60 Year Teamster Member

You better be glad Ole Tony Pro is not around, I understand he liked to "shoot the breeze"

19. Crystal

I don't think it is anymore because I think the RICO act got rid of the mob influence in trucking. My argument isn't with NEMF it's with Puff Drivers constant attacks on the Teamsters for something that happened a long long time ago. There are many of ex-teamsters who have legitimate complaints and I don't challenge them. But Puff Driver had been caught in so many lies that, in my opinion, he has zero credibility.

20. runawaytrain

runawaytrain Wear their scorn with pride.

Well, it’s been awhile since SAIA’s expansion has hit the great state of Pennsylvania so let me ask you guys how things seem to be going for them. Are they struggling to get customers from the competition? Sometimes it’s really hard to break into new markets. Our competition down here in the South is FedEx, Old Dominion, Estes, and XPO. I noticed some of your managers and drivers have jumped ship to SAIA without any effects to your core business. Do you think there is enough freight to go around or do you think SAIA will pack up and move out and simply cut their losses? This expansion is well thought out in regards to not taking on too much debt by purchasing another carrier. Our CEO has the benefit of learning from Bill Zollars overzealous mistakes since he’s married to his daughter and probably receives some advice.