TForce | Saia!

Skeeter

TB Veteran
Credits
Just heard RUMOR UPS might buy Saia.
Someone saw a memo from shop that re-branding was on hold pending acquisition of another company.

Heard AFB won't sell to a nonunion company. Being how UPSF is nonunion.

Article 3
Transfer of Title or Company Interest.

ABF being union and UPSF being nonunion has no bearing on a sale.
ABF would remain union reguardless.
ABF's stockholders would decide yay or nay if a prchase was to takew place.

Article 3
Transfer of Title or Company Interest.

ABF being union and UPSF being nonunion has no bearing on a sale.
ABF would remain union reguardless.
ABF's stockholders would decide yay or nay if a prchase was to takew place.

I didn't imply that they wouldn't still be union. Just that their could be a problem with some people from what I heard.
But you are right union or nonunion makes no difference.

Someone saw a memo from shop that re-branding was on hold pending acquisition of another company.

Wow we would really look like a circus....I can hear the music now....Where is the elephants and lions....

Wow we would really look like a circus....I can hear the music now....Where is the elephants and lions....

Well, As big as Saia is now that would differently put us on the top of freight. UPS will not be second in nothing.

But if not Saia it WILL be some carrier. Mark it down.

Can u get the facts about this we would really like to know more about this in Indy. thanks

Can u get the facts about this we would really like to know more about this in Indy. thanks

Don't put a lot of stock in it right now. But my batting average ain't to bad. But I have not confirmed it yet. Two many friend of a friend told me if you know what I mean.

Not to sure about this source.:1036316054:

I wouldn't bet on UPS buying anyone else in the LTL freight business. They weren't too thrilled about buying Overnite but they had to because FedEx kinda forced their hand.

I wouldn't bet on UPS buying anyone else in the LTL freight business. They weren't too thrilled about buying Overnite but they had to because FedEx kinda forced their hand.

Whatever!!!!!!!!!! No one forces either one of these companies to do anything.....They just want to be the biggest......

And you can say Saia isn't for-sale....Money talks and everything has a price....

Whatever!!!!!!!!!! No one forces either one of these companies to do anything.....They just want to be the biggest......

And you can say Saia isn't for-sale....Money talks and everything has a price....

10-4, I have heqard the saame thing about UPS and "O" aquisition, I find that a bunch of $hit.

UPS only does what is best for them and no one else, they are the leanest and meanest earning machine.

If "O" was that bad of a company, UPS would not have bought it....

If "O" was that bad of a company, UPS would not have bought it....

No they did not want to buy Overnite or any other LTL company. UPS wants nothing to do with any low-growth, mature North American freight businesses. Especially one with a high probability of being unionized.

But they had to make a move because they were losing market share to FedEx in the heavy parcel/freight segment. That's because if you wanted to ship an LTL class item such as greater than 150 lbs + extra width dimensions, you couldn't do it via UPS. Now with Overnite, they can handle this type of freight.

A similar situation happened when UPS bought Mailboxes Etc and then converted thm over to The UPS Store. FedEx then made a move for Kinko's and rebranded it FedExKinko's. FedEx and UPS have been playing a game of one-upmanship for years. Only a moron would believe otherwise. :hysterical:

No they did not want to buy Overnite or any other LTL company. UPS wants nothing to do with any low-growth, mature North American freight businesses. Especially one with a high probability of being unionized.

But they had to make a move because they were losing market share to FedEx in the heavy parcel/freight segment. That's because if you wanted to ship an LTL class item such as greater than 150 lbs + extra width dimensions, you couldn't do it via UPS. Now with Overnite, they can handle this type of freight.

A similar situation happened when UPS bought Mailboxes Etc and then converted thm over to The UPS Store. FedEx then made a move for Kinko's and rebranded it FedExKinko's. FedEx and UPS have been playing a game of one-upmanship for years. Only a moron would believe otherwise. :hysterical:

I do realize that UPS probably wanted nothing to do with freight , but in order to be a 3PL company one must consider the prospect.

Being a UPSF employee I must disagree when you say UPS wanted nothing to do with a company that was on the berge of going union . "O" was not in that position to begin with, we have challenged organized labor in the past and have won.

From our prospective, and being an employee, it was UPS pushing organized labor in our direction, and furthermore opened the door for the union.It certainly was not our MGNT. that wanted it. ASK anyone on the UPSF forum they will tell you.

It is not only FED EX, in the 3PL game,although they are a big competiter, they are not the onlyone, UPS must face in this movement, YELLOW being 1 in the freight game, Kuhne and nagel, DHL ,fedex , kitty hawk( although a small co. BUT GROWING FAST, pyong yan worlwide, evergreen, TNT, POLAND WORLDWIDE , AND SO ON ,AND SO ON .

Fed ex ,although a big competiter, is not the only worlwide.

Too say UPS wanted nothing to do with 3PL , is like saying a crucifix is a useless tool in the christaianity trade. And unfortunatly freight lives within 3PL.

Sometimes one must think out of the box!!!!!!:hysterical:

Where are you all getting this bogus information?
I know that UPS has wanted a freight company to be a part of their intire transportation system for a long time.

They not only wanted to buy Overnite now.
They wanted to buy them back in the mid 80's after Union Pacific Rail Road bought them out.
The rail road paid to much so they said,and as much as UPS wanted to buy them way back then,the Rail Road wanted to much to sell them off to recover their investment.

I know these facts must be on file some place?
I remember this happening because I hired on with Overnite around the time this was going down.

Accelerator, I think this rocket scientist is calling us a moron. :hysterical: