TForce | Saia!

Well gang heres my 2 1/2 cents on this thing. UPS may buy whom ever they want in the USA, but I look for them to start thinking of Canada, Mexico, Asia and Europe. All of these four parts of the world have large trucking companies for sale. Now develope the UPS Freight brand name elsewhere and add to it UPS Ocean Services and we will be delivering freight from around the world right off of the piers. Just as a very large 3pl company does. This is just the begining. Once they get a little more organized here, the expansion and intergretion will begin.

You guys are having a wishful thoughts...You would not know if they were going to buy out anybody...it's called inside trading if they should tell and I promise you they will not....when are you guys as long as you have all been around going to learn not to listen to rumors..Saia is own by Yellow and they are not going to sell to Ups..and as far as non union buying out a union carrier, it becomes there property, and they don't have to honor no contact unless agreed in the sell, and after that you would be on the same level as the nonunion company that bought the union company out....Then you would have to see if the morjority would want to go union or not.....and thats it...

You guys are having a wishful thoughts...You would not know if they were going to buy out anybody...it's called inside trading if they should tell and I promise you they will not....when are you guys as long as you have all been around going to learn not to listen to rumors..Saia is own by Yellow and they are not going to sell to Ups..and as far as non union buying out a union carrier, it becomes there property, and they don't have to honor no contact unless agreed in the sell, and after that you would be on the same level as the nonunion company that bought the union company out....Then you would have to see if the morjority would want to go union or not.....and thats it...

Saia is a publicly traded company spun off by Yellow 3 or 4 years ago. Yellow has nothing to do with them. Regardless of insider trading or not news always gets leaked. Where there's smoke there's fire. Simple exploratory talks may have been blown out of proportion, we have no way of knowing. Rumor or a leak? I guess we'll see.

Has nothing to do with wishful thinking. As far as believing rumors that is what truck drivers do. We spread rumors some true and some not so true. Like you saying Yellow owns Saia. You need to check into that a little more or you will be spreading bad rumors yourself. :hysterical:

They have been spun off years ago.

First of all Saia was spun off #1, #2. Insider trading information is and alway's was illegal, look at Martha.

#3. It is UPS , Not UPSF that will be purchasing the new entity, whoever they are, and they do must accept the contract for the entity if they want too keep the co. being bought alive.

As I had said before, we are a division of SCS , both comprised of union and non union employees, what makes you think with this mix, we will not buyout a union or non union co?.

And Furthermore, before anybody else posts on these boards about us being immaturely speculative, Read up on 3PL companies and then decide if we are telling tall tales.

OK then put your $$$ where your mouth is. I'll bet you $1,000 that UPS doesn't buy SAIA. Nor any other freight company for that matter.

who the heck cares!! Why would you bet money on a rumor anyway?

He might be right, you may just be a rocket scientist after all.

YUP I'm with you steve5 who really cares what UPS does with their pocket change?
As long as they keep paying us every week for what we are doing for them.

would be nice for regional service especially in texas and oilfield- add terminals quickly and enhance what we are already doing at ups freight. with combined sales efforts would push alot of freight within regional markets.

First of all Saia was spun off #1, #2. Insider trading information is and alway's was illegal, look at Martha.

#3. It is UPS , Not UPSF that will be purchasing the new entity, whoever they are, and they do must accept the contract for the entity if they want too keep the co. being bought alive.

As I had said before, we are a division of SCS , both comprised of union and non union employees, what makes you think with this mix, we will not buyout a union or non union co?.

And Furthermore, before anybody else posts on these boards about us being immaturely speculative, Read up on 3PL companies and then decide if we are telling tall tales.

Somebody slap me!!! :hysterical:

ups already has bought one bankrupt and delapidaded and sorry excuse for a truckline (ups/overnite) and now they want to buy saia.....ha ha ha

The only bankrupt and dilapidated sorry excuse in this truck lines are some of it's drivers. Hopefully soon to find employment else where.:hysterical:

OK then put your $$$ where your mouth is. I'll bet you $1,000 that UPS doesn't buy SAIA. Nor any other freight company for that matter.

I AM NOT GOING TO BET ANYTHING BASED ON THE 3PL comment I had made before, I am not saying they will buy SAIA, I am saying that they do have the monies to do so, and they will gain market share if they do. And coverage in a quicker way then building from scratch.

You are simply saying they have nothing to gain if they do. If that was the case why did yellow buy what they bought?

If that was the case, why did Fedex buy who they bought.

If that was the case why is SAIA buy who they bought.

If that was the case why did R&L buy who they bought.

If that was the case why did estes buy what they bought.

Why did DHL buy what they bought.Why did UPS and yellow buy trucking companies in china.

Its all about market share . The face of trucking is changing, and the small boy's will eventually loose!!!!

After all FEDEX and UPS can now do it all....

I will not make such a foolish bet.... I have nothing to gain, and again think out of the box.

Thank you very much, I am learning from the best. It will take time....:biglaugh:

I think both of you need to slow down....Take a breath....Realize what your saying.....We all get too warm and fuzzy here and we wont have anything to argue about.....We need the ying and yang....I am starting fear where this is headed....And come on take his money......We can see how knowledgable he is....Big companies wont go broke by simply reacting to what some one else does, right???? UH yeah!!!!!

Don't put a lot of stock in it right now. But my batting average ain't to bad. But I have not confirmed it yet. Two many friend of a friend told me if you know what I mean.

Not to sure about this source.:1036316054:
Ok thxs if and when u get some info, Please post again thxs