XPO | Say What You Will, This is a Good Company to work for.

gentlemen & ladies if you thought con-way was supposed to make you happy everyday. wow you all expected too much.listen it used to be a great job with respect & appreciation. i used to come everyday and be an asset but now i come in and do my job. my scm recently asked me why i am not involved in certain things as i used to be. i told him if i felt like it was appreciated i would. listen people come to work do your job collect your check & go home if you want to feel good do some volunteer work. IT'S JUST A JOB NOTHING MORE no more respect, appreciation or satisfaction.
How about a hung?

All the new guys at our place run every night. They literally run every night. Those are the guys that stuck around. I'd say about half of the new-hires quit in the first six months. Job hoppers.

I always get jealous of these posts. I want to work 60-70 a week, but it's never there. I've been at XLF for 3 years now and I can -maybe- eek out 3 runs a week, and the rest are 5-6 hour dock nights on the fac, while AY and MI consistently run their flex board every day and night. Management doesn't seem to worry or care about the constantly disappearing work. I agree with a lot of the posters in this thread, this really is a decent job when you work. And I think I'm safe to assume that the positive people are the ones that work constantly and feel secure, but where I'm at I feel I'm being strung a long for years for something that won't be there when I finally work up the seniority for it.

Really? That is not saying much when a company in such terrible financial troubles made it through. Can anyone say YRC?

If restructuring your company, diluting your stock to the tune of 2500 percent, having your employees take a 15 percent wage cut and loosing pension payments, and tetering on bankruptcy has "made it through," then ok, you win. Let's pretend I never started this thread.

Don't act like you know me, i don't want you to get canned or for them to know it me.

Thats what i like about you Gov. your always there for everybody,good or bad.....
Its about the team, give me Con-Way or Give me death. Don't ask what Con-way can you for you ask what you can do for team con-way. I thing i need too take my P.T.S.D. meds.

I see a lot of stuff thats pretty jacked up and out of my level to fix, on the other hand this place did help me out more then it had to while i was in the happy hunting ground.

good job rat , you are telling the truth............idgarrit wake up you are just a number , do you really think con-way is that great. If you do come on down and by this piece of land from me

good job rat , you are telling the truth............idgarrit wake up you are just a number , do you really think con-way is that great. If you do come on down and by this piece of land from me

I knew I'd be a number when I hired into this company and I couldn't care less. I work and I get compensated fairly. My SCM has never broke a promise to me and my dispatchers treat me pretty decent. The company is making money and investing a portion of it back into the business. Do I think Conway is that great? Relatively speaking, yes, I do. I have three years in and have no problem with doing things the company way, even when the company changes it's mind, which is quite often. I just roll with it, keep a low profile, and don't complain. It's not hard. If some of these guys I read would spend more time working and less time complaining, maybe I wouldn't have to work so hard.

If some of these guys I read would spend more time working and less time complaining, maybe I wouldn't have to work so hard.

My husband would love to be one of those guys working, but you can't work when they call and say no work again today. In the 10 months he has been with Con-Way he hasn't worked a 5 day week yet, 4 day weeks have been very few, 1 or 2 days are the norm with Friday night being a pretty sure bet. He has never refused work time or type. Work is work, and he doesn't care what it is along as it is work. Con-Way isn't the only one. Enterprise Transport also told him of the work but he spent more time sitting than working there too. Oh how we miss the Jevic days.

I knew I'd be a number when I hired into this company and I couldn't care less. I work and I get compensated fairly. My SCM has never broke a promise to me and my dispatchers treat me pretty decent. The company is making money and investing a portion of it back into the business. Do I think Conway is that great? Relatively speaking, yes, I do. I have three years in and have no problem with doing things the company way, even when the company changes it's mind, which is quite often. I just roll with it, keep a low profile, and don't complain. It's not hard. If some of these guys I read would spend more time working and less time complaining, maybe I wouldn't have to work so hard.

There is nothing wrong with going to work and doing a good job, and enjoying it. Some drivers just want to challenge management on everything.... Just like you said, go to work, keep a low profile(let somebody else get into trouble), and make your good money.... then go home and enjoy yourself..

My husband would love to be one of those guys working, but you can't work when they call and say no work again today. In the 10 months he has been with Con-Way he hasn't worked a 5 day week yet, 4 day weeks have been very few, 1 or 2 days are the norm with Friday night being a pretty sure bet. He has never refused work time or type. Work is work, and he doesn't care what it is along as it is work. Con-Way isn't the only one. Enterprise Transport also told him of the work but he spent more time sitting than working there too. Oh how we miss the Jevic days.

I think LTL is the way to go.... if he doesn't stick it out here, he should try fdx or OD. Just have to stick it out and get some seniority under his belt.

better late then never,the start of this thread (idgarrit)or somethin like that was obviously by a newbie,or someone that used to work at mickeydees,or by a whiteshirt ,or by someone who NEVER MADE DECENT MONEY BEFORE and is so glad he does now ne likes to get bent over and spanked like a little girlyman.RAT said it all and is on point on everything.all they took,why, BECAUSE THEY COULD, ............good respectable companies,THAT SUPPOSEDLY PRIDE THEMSELVES ON THEIR EXECUTION OF SERVICE AND TOUT THEIR DRIVERS AS THE BEST AND .........................SAFEST IN THE INDUSTRY wouldn't dream of it.did i miss it or did management win the truck driving championship the last 2 yrs or was it a dsr.did management win the 70 safety awards they are touting on our tv or did dsr......answer DSR'S could keep goin but hopefully you get the point

From what i have read on your post you are in a great center, feel blessed.

I look at alot of these comments that are positive and it seems like they mostley come from new people. Idgarrit at three years into this co. when I started I thought It was a better co. than you think it is now because it was . One post says in his thirty one years he did bla bla bla you were six when I started here. Micah you must walk out alot of doors. I agree with big foot 77 after 25years planning on said promises its to late to start over.Merdock if they did not steal our pension its the only thing they have not stolen time will tell. Anybody been here along time believe anything here anymore. By the way who put Conway in serious financial trouble buying a trucking co. for 744million let me think? Snius what makes you think after every thing you read on these posts would make you think conway would string you along!

This sounds like the trademark XLF Experience.

well,like i said idgarrit,you are a newbie,i also work hard use sco safestack and do a good job,where you have it wrong is,THEY DIDN'T REINVEST MONEY INTO THE COMPANY,THEY STOLE THE MONEY FROM US AND BOUGHT THE SAFESTACK AND MOBILESCO'S,end of story.if you add up the 2 to 3 weeks vaca they stole times 20,000 employees,the 5% cut,the 401k cut and a guy at our barn estimated it was 350 million,coincidentally safestack and mobilesco cost TADA 350 MIL,is this a good job,yes,did they do us wrong,YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!