XPO | Say What You Will, This is a Good Company to work for.

well,like i said idgarrit,you are a newbie,i also work hard use sco safestack and do a good job,where you have it wrong is,THEY DIDN'T REINVEST MONEY INTO THE COMPANY,THEY STOLE THE MONEY FROM US AND BOUGHT THE SAFESTACK AND MOBILESCO'S,end of story.if you add up the 2 to 3 weeks vaca they stole times 20,000 employees,the 5% cut,the 401k cut and a guy at our barn estimated it was 350 million,coincidentally safestack and mobilesco cost TADA 350 MIL,is this a good job,yes,did they do us wrong,YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you look at the bottom left side of your check-stub, it shows vacation hours accrued.:chairshot: Nobody stole anything. Mine says nearly 200 hrs. And $350 Million spent on safe-stack and mobile SCO's.... That's a LOT of money. Can you give us a link that shows how much has been spent on safe-stack and mobile SCO's? I could be wrong, but I couldn't find the number anywhere.
Don't just be a follower of somebody else's negative rants, do some research and understand, you don't have it that bad.

well,like i said idgarrit,you are a newbie,i also work hard use sco safestack and do a good job,where you have it wrong is,THEY DIDN'T REINVEST MONEY INTO THE COMPANY,THEY STOLE THE MONEY FROM US AND BOUGHT THE SAFESTACK AND MOBILESCO'S,end of story.if you add up the 2 to 3 weeks vaca they stole times 20,000 employees,the 5% cut,the 401k cut and a guy at our barn estimated it was 350 million,coincidentally safestack and mobilesco cost TADA 350 MIL,is this a good job,yes,did they do us wrong,YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have for respect for the positions that some of the old timers take and coming from your perspective, I understand why you're negative on the company. Over the course of the last 15 years or so, I worked many different jobs as well as spending some time outside of the job market working for myself. I follow politics and current events closely and I have seen a gradual degrading of our culture and corruption of our tax structure. These sorts of events over time have had a negative effect on employees in the workplace including our company. What I'm trying to say is that all companies have suffered like Conway has and all companies that wish to survive are having to re-invent themselves, sometimes costing employees money and benefits.

I don't like what's going on and I'm not trying to be some sort of company man, the reason I started this thread was to help show some of you disgruntled old timers that the job market pretty much sucks everywhere compared to what it was 20 years ago. You're all pissed off at Conway for doing what it had to do to survive in declining times, you're pissed off about circumstances that are beyond your control and to me, it's just a waste of energy to be angry about things like that. You're beating your heads against the wall for nothing.

Regarding your comment Slimestones, I think you're viewing the recent purchases made by the company through tunnel vision. We all know that before Safestack our claims were out of control, as evidenced by the ass chewing we received at the Monday morning meetings. Claims are down by nearly half since Safestack and the company is gaining back it's good reputation amongst it's customers. The company needed to find a way to reduce claim payments and Safestack seemed to be the way to go, especially during a down economy. My guess is they had the cash so they took advantage of low demand and got great deals on Safestack and Mobilesco. Our competitors at some point may want to implement these systems as well, but as times improve, the price for them will be higher, see where I'm coming from? Is it frustrating to see the company spending money on things other than employee benefits, yes, of course it is. Right now, I think they got a bigger bang for their buck buying what they bought than by giving us back our 401(k) match. I know that sounds cold, but the bottom line is important and Conway, like any other publicly traded company, owes it's first financial obligation to it's shareholders and not it's employees. Life's a beach.

Well said, Garrit!
If I remember correctly, the claims are the lowest they've been in years! That's great, but the SME's need to continue to stress keeping the weight off of the safestack and on the floor! Too many supervisors still tell the DSR's to put the freight in there, no matter how it's loaded!
If the supervisor asks you to stack the weight up, ask for his badge to load the freight! You can bet that he won't do it, because he knows better.

good job rat , you are telling the truth............idgarrit wake up you are just a number , do you really think con-way is that great. If you do come on down and by this piece of land from me

You think that Rat is telling the truth, you and so many others think that Rat has got it all figured out. Maybe he does, maybe he doesn't. You know why I have respect for Rat??? After all his long rants about how much Con-way was out to get us and about how much we have lost, HE QUIT!!!! You have got to respect a driver who has the intestinal fortitude to back up his complaints with action. Rat works for FED-EX now and God bless him for making the move. How many of you have the nuts to jump ship???? Not many I will bet. In about a month or two the spring hiring season will begin, go find out if the grass really is greener.

I have a good friend who lost his job here at Con-way for accidents. He complained ALOT about how bad things were. Now that he does not work here, he really appreciates what he had and wishes he still worked here.

Its like that Stones song says "You can't always get what you want, but if you try some time, you just might find, you get what you need.":wtflol:

Rat has some excellent points in his diatribe rants.... but would any of you really want to drive 70 miles one way to work ... After his terminal closing cut backs .. 70 mile one way commute for his job .. you would be fed up also and not having any options at first ...personally I feel he took it in the shorts worse then alot of other guys I know ...

Garritt makes some good points......I was laid off from Holland in 2008 and took a job with Con-Way because there really aren't a lot of good paying trucking jobs to be had these days. Doesn't do you or anyone else any good to stay angry about things that happen out of your control. I know one thing, Teamser representation isn't the answer and I consider being a union member over-rated! Just look at how much the "Old Timers" at YRC have lost over the last few years and you see that the losses that Con-Way employees have suffered pale in comparison, and the fact of the matter is that these people VOTED to ratify those concessions in wages and pension contributions just to keep what they have by way of seniority, some semblance of their previous benefit package and a "hope-so" return to the glory days. Good luck finding a job without a college education (sometimes even with one) that you make the kind of money and receive the benefits that Con-Way employees enjoy. Old timers at Con-Way have every right to be mad about their losses, I know I was....but what can you do to change it?

hey beerfd,you obviously don't understand that when u started here u had no vacation,AND WORKED ABOUT 1 1/2 TO 2 YRS TO earn YOUR 2 WEEKS VACATION IN ADVANCE,if u left or were fired they OWED U a check for 2 weeks,now we earn as we go and the 2 weeks or in some cases 3 weeks that we had in the BANK disappeared,did you get a check for them when the new policy started,NO YOU DIDN'T AND EITHER DID I!!!!!!!!!!!!! if you people don't understand that i cannot spell it out any clearer.as for the 350 million spent on safestack,sco,and tractors,it was in all the videos and was also conveyed to us at our communication meetings,if you guys don't have meetings or videos at your barn call cgo and tell them.do you not pay attention like most people,probably not.i go to meetings and listen and 5 minutes later i'll talk to co-workers and ask what they thought about things and they have no idea what was brought up.if you don't think it was 350 million ask your TM, i'm sure he will clue you in.I COULD KEEP GOING ,BUT U OBVIOUSLY DON'T HAVE A CLUE HOW THEY stole our vacation.all that being said,this is still a good job,and i'm proud to do a good job for the company and always will but respect is earned and not given blindly,and they made a big doodoo pile on us employees and have yet to make amends,still no 401k match,took 2 1/2 yrs to get our OLD wages back while others got raises(yrc excluded,unique situation)health ins premiums and on and on and on,WAKEUP

hey beerfd,you obviously don't understand that when u started here u had no vacation,AND WORKED ABOUT 1 1/2 TO 2 YRS TO earn YOUR 2 WEEKS VACATION IN ADVANCE,if u left or were fired they OWED U a check for 2 weeks,now we earn as we go and the 2 weeks or in some cases 3 weeks that we had in the BANK disappeared,did you get a check for them when the new policy started,NO YOU DIDN'T AND EITHER DID I!!!!!!!!!!!!! if you people don't understand that i cannot spell it out any clearer.as for the 350 million spent on safestack,sco,and tractors,it was in all the videos and was also conveyed to us at our communication meetings,if you guys don't have meetings or videos at your barn call cgo and tell them.do you not pay attention like most people,probably not.i go to meetings and listen and 5 minutes later i'll talk to co-workers and ask what they thought about things and they have no idea what was brought up.if you don't think it was 350 million ask your TM, i'm sure he will clue you in.I COULD KEEP GOING ,BUT U OBVIOUSLY DON'T HAVE A CLUE HOW THEY stole our vacation.all that being said,this is still a good job,and i'm proud to do a good job for the company and always will but respect is earned and not given blindly,and they made a big doodoo pile on us employees and have yet to make amends,still no 401k match,took 2 1/2 yrs to get our OLD wages back while others got raises(yrc excluded,unique situation)health ins premiums and on and on and on,WAKEUP

Ok, I know how the changes in the vacation works. I will say, they DID take five sick days. I'll give you that much. As far as the way the vacation accrues.....well, we could go back and forth all day on that one.

So, let's talk about the trailers and mobile sco's; I know what the mobile sco's cost and estimate that we probably have about 10,000 of them. But, how much would you say each trailer costs to retro-fit with the safe-stack hardware?? Anybody know?

once again,in the videos and meetings we were told the sco's and safestack were 350 million,can't say it any plainer.as for accrual of time,that's the NEW policy,earn as u go,the old policy we earned in advance and never got paid for the time we had ALREADY EARNED, and that time 2 or 3 weeks wasn't put into our bank,it disappeared with no compensation,MOST people understand it,and our tm even admitted it was a hard pill to swallow,but that's life either take it or go elsewhere.like someone said it's over and we gotta move on,i agree,but please JUST REALIZE WHAT THEY DID!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!not tryin to be a bad guy,good luck to all

once again,in the videos and meetings we were told the sco's and safestack were 350 million,can't say it any plainer.as for accrual of time,that's the NEW policy,earn as u go,the old policy we earned in advance and never got paid for the time we had ALREADY EARNED, and that time 2 or 3 weeks wasn't put into our bank,it disappeared with no compensation,MOST people understand it,and our tm even admitted it was a hard pill to swallow,but that's life either take it or go elsewhere.like someone said it's over and we gotta move on,i agree,but please JUST REALIZE WHAT THEY DID!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!not tryin to be a bad guy,good luck to all

How much does each trailer cost to retro-fit?

Dear jackass this used to be an awesome company to work for when it was a regional carrier it did care for its people but ever since they merged al 3 compenents together its been a straight ride to hell on the express lane, when companies get greedy and step over a dollar to pick up a dime its sad to say but this company will end up like its parent company CF eventually.......................BANKRUPT when you get greedy you forget what brought you to the forefront.....its drivers..................in my opnion when stotlar fired labrie he should have manned up and resigned cuz hes part of the problem NOT the soloution..........................RESIGN NOW Bernie...I mean Doug