FedEx Freight | Scumbags

Myself and another driver was talking amongst ourselves; another driver passing by over heard us; next thing I know I'm in the office getting a written over bad language. RIDICULOUS... We're all grown men here. We'll I thought !!

I swear that most of the time this place reminds me of high school, with all the whining, backstabbing and attempts to get others in trouble.

If it doesnt endanger yourself, or others, then mind your own damn business.

Union drivers are the biggest rat crybabies in any company. Doesn't matter anyway, unions are on the way out,just a matter of time.

So u mean to tell me that a quater million teamsters just at one company alone will vanish in the middle of the night like the colts did in baltimore?????? If i worked at fred i would snitch on u for being stoned lol

If he's supposed to be doing something else and he's washing the truck on the clock then he's stealing time. He's doing what he wants to do to avoid doing what he's been told to do in order to waste enough time that management will tell him to go home rather than go to the dock.
I do believe a clean truck has a better chance of not getting pulled in the chicken coop then a dirty one. And im pretty sure freds red shirts talk to their drivers about safety like the sups do at ups frght do, so a windshield full of dead bugs and dirty mirrors r a safety issue, if u cant see where u r going is a safety issue with me..... how about u????? So if the red shirts fire their drivers over being safe, i smell a lawsuit....

Myself and another driver was talking amongst ourselves; another driver passing by over heard us; next thing I know I'm in the office getting a written over bad language. RIDICULOUS... We're all grown men here. We'll I thought !!

That's some bs right there. Had absolutely nothing to with the safe operation of the vehicle.

I do believe a clean truck has a better chance of not getting pulled in the chicken coop then a dirty one. And im pretty sure freds red shirts talk to their drivers about safety like the sups do at ups frght do, so a windshield full of dead bugs and dirty mirrors r a safety issue, if u cant see where u r going is a safety issue with me..... how about u????? So if the red shirts fire their drivers over being safe, i smell a lawsuit....

The instances I was speaking of occurred while I was at Con-way. Haven't ever worked at FedEx. I can see washing a windshield or mirrors, sure, but the whole truck? With the same brush used for windshields? I don't know about you, but washing a windshield with the same brush a driver just scrubbed off his wheels and fuel tanks isn't a recipe for a clean or safe situation. Mgmt has told the drivers not to do it, but they continued to do it for the reason I stated earlier, it wasted time so they didn't have to spend as much time on the dock, if any. Which is where they were supposed to be, according to company policy.

The instances I was speaking of occurred while I was at Con-way. Haven't ever worked at FedEx. I can see washing a windshield or mirrors, sure, but the whole truck? With the same brush used for windshields? I don't know about you, but washing a windshield with the same brush a driver just scrubbed off his wheels and fuel tanks isn't a recipe for a clean or safe situation. Mgmt has told the drivers not to do it, but they continued to do it for the reason I stated earlier, it wasted time so they didn't have to spend as much time on the dock, if any. Which is where they were supposed to be, according to company policy.

Funny, I used the same brush at home and never had any problems. Of course, I use soap.

So is your beef with them, over using a window squeegee, vs pulling into a wash bay? Or are you just opposed to them cleaning their trucks? You're kind of all over the place. I agree, window squeegees aren't to be used to scrub your truck, but if they are cleaning company property, on the clock, I'm not seeing the issue. If management doesn't want them washing equipment on the clock they will tell them. That isn't our jobs as drivers, to be policing that issue. And, as a guy who's pet peeve is a filthy truck, I commend them on their initiative. I was taught at a young age, to take pride in your ride. Plus, clean glass is a safety issue.

Actually it says in the book that has no pages, that drivers are not to wash tractors unless specifically directed to do so by management.
Sweet! That means at least a 1/4 of our road board is in violation of company policy. I just need to put my scumbag britches on, and maybe I can move up a few spots!

It's better to follow the rats than to become one yourself. At least if you follow the rats, you're less likely to drown when the ship sinks.

Sure. Union guys don't rat each other out. :thumbup::rolleyes:

Guardrail

Theres always 'tattle tails' but its such a long procedure to actually get anybody in trouble that the sup's really don't even want to deal with it. I mean it takes three written warnings before you even end up with a 'day off' no p ay. We all laugh and just try to 'volunteer' for a day off.

Sweet! That means at least a 1/4 of our road board is in violation of company policy. I just need to put my scumbag britches on, and maybe I can move up a few spots!

I know your BS'in, thats why I liked the post, I didn't like it because I thought you was serious, I hate a snitch...worst of the worst, I worked with many at Fredex!