service update

They probably did not. I would suggest seeing something in writing before posting it on a board for everyone else to read.

Not so. I received my info from a person at a local that was in a position to know. My understanding was that it was a part of the decision last week. Maybe my source did not the facts straight.

The other charges say that they are awaiting disposition but the bad faith is still under investigation.

Check this out! This is part of joak harbors "best teams ever"!!!! Or so they say

UPDATE: Clackamas Community College reopens after chemical spill
by Rick Bella, The Oregonian Wednesday December 03, 2008, 3:19 PM

Steve McAdoo/Clackamas Fire Dist. 1
Emergency workers quickly contained a chemical spill Wednesday at Clackamas Community College in Oregon City.OREGON CITY -- A chemical that leaked form a delivery truck and triggered evacuations at Clackamas Community College campus this morning turned out to be a caustic soap used to break down wood pulp.

No one was injured in the incident. Three people who came into contact with the soap went through decontamination.

"It was a nasty chemical," said Steve McAdoo, spokesman for Clackamas Fire District 1. "It definitely would irritate your skin."

About 130 to 150 gallons of the soap leaked from the trailer of a tractor-trailer rig that was making deliveries on campus. The driver spotted the leak and alerted authorities at 9:21 a.m., triggering evacuations of about two dozen people from the Lewelling Building, the Environmental Learning Center and the college maintenance shops.

Crews from Fire District 1 and the regional hazardous-materials team from Gresham contained the spill and recovered as much of the soap as possible. Buildings reopened by 12:30 p.m.

McAdoo said the tractor-trailer rig, from Oak Harbor Freight Lines, was hauling a mixed load on a route of deliveries. The caustic soap was bound for the West Linn Paper Co

And somehow someway I am sure that the VanderPols will blame this all on the Teamsters because that is the answer to all these problems right. It is because the Teamsters want to hurt our company. Is there a smiley with the smallest violin playing?

I just heard back from the reporter that wrote the article for The Oregonian. He states that police and fire told him placards were not required. :

Wood chips and white liquor, a mixture of sodium hydroxide and sodium sulfide, produced in the recovery process, are added to the top of the digester. In a continuous digester the materials are fed at a rate which allows the pulping reaction to be complete by the time the material exit the reactor. Is this hazerdous? The Kidd

Clackamas Co. Fire Dist. #1 - Hazardous Material leak at Clackamas Community College causes concern. - 12/03/08
Clackamas Fire District was called to Clackamas Community College today at 9:21am for an unknown substance leaking from a Oak Harbor Freight semi-trailer. The substance was initially reported to be a "soapy, clear, fluid that smelled like glue." According to documents from the driver of the truck the substance had a pH of 9.35 which would be considered acidic and caustic. With that information, the immediate area was evacuated and the scene was secured. Clackamas Fire District called in their Heavy Squad 5 which can handle decontamination of large amounts of people if necessary. The Regional Hazmat unit from Gresham Fire was called out to assist in the mitigation of the incident also. The driver of the truck states he had a mixed load and was on his way to deliver the chemical to a West Linn paper mill after stopping to drop a different product at the college.

There was never a vapor cloud or any immediate danger to people in the area. The college remained open and operating and no public streets were closed. The incident took place next to the maintenance shops which is away from the main classrooms.

The container that was leaking, was a 275 gallon "tote" which was inside the trailer. It appeared that a seam of the tote was where the leak was found. Before the leak was sealed off, it had leaked approx. 130-150 gallons of this "caustic soap". The fluid was contained with "containment pools" and diking materials. There was no contamination or environmental damage.

3 people did come in contact with the substance before Clackamas Fire crews were on scene. They were medically evaluated and decontaminated on scene and released. The substance would cause some skin irritation upon contact and vapors could cause coughing if you came in close contact with it.

In the end, the material was determined to be a chemical used in the paper and pulp industry for breaking down pulp before further processing. The product was basically a "caustic soap". The scene was turned over to Belfour Environmental for clean up and disposal of the chemical.

This is not what the "official 911 report", and the "official fire department" report say. Which I do have in my posession! There were induviduals evacuated, and there is ground, and water contamination! I will post them as soon as possible. They are public record!

This is not what the "official 911 report", and the "official fire department" report say. Which I do have in my posession! There were induviduals evacuated, and there is ground, and water contamination! I will post them as soon as possible. They are public record!
Wow. That is very interesting. One can only hope the fines are hefty.
Check your PM.

Ed, The wooden shoes have dry rot.

I was just on the OHFL site to see if the Vanderfools had anything new to say on their service update. Nothing! I must say I was a little disappointed to see they had nothing to say about the latest happenings with the business! lol Because the Teamsters sure do have lots to say about the last week.

Portland Rally

Here is the link to koin news in portland of their coverage yesterday 12-4-08. Obviously joak harbor is still in compleate lying mode by saying that they are "bargaining in good faith" We all know that to be a flat out lie!

Mediacenter - KOINLocal6.com

Oak Harbor is also featured on a NW Labor Press article and an article in Willamette week .Neither article is very favorable toward the company. Can't wait for some strikers at XMAS articles, people then will know there are two Scrooges! Dave and Ed . Ps Father Bob indicated that life without social conscience might be a sin. What does the bible say about pride or compassion? I wonder.

MRBG I am shocked! The Vander Pols lie? They are Christians. I guess good faith barganing is asking to meet with the Union, Dragging the meeting out for 6 hours then returning with the same offer as before, Dad said even the Nagotiator was shaking his head in disbelief. I wonder who the Bible says is the Father of Lies? The Kidd

Oak Harbor is also featured on a NW Labor Press article and an article in Willamette week .Neither article is very favorable toward the company. Can't wait for some strikers at XMAS articles, people then will know there are two Scrooges! Dave and Ed . Ps Father Bob indicated that life without social conscience might be a sin. What does the bible say about pride or compassion? I wonder.

Dave and Ed thinks compassion is a big tax write off for hauling food for the food bank at no charge. I wonder if they charge the full rate instead of the discounted rates they give to other companies and write off that higher amount? Anyone dare to wager on that? Everything they do has a bottom line. MONEY MONEY MONEY! The Kidd