Yellow | Slow down! Feds want to put limiters on newly manufactured heavy trucks

I agree with what you say, but probably over 50 percent of cars, and trucks exceed the posted speed limits. Can't put a cop out there every mile post. I would applaud any state that would put those construction zone type speed detectors out there, and mail you the ticket.

As I've suggested before. ... pay all drivers by the hour. ... it will slow them down making the roads a little bit safer.

Keep putting up road blocks or chuck holes in any pathway to an industry & people go else ware. Not a lot of 20 year old people jumping the line to become a truck driver. Why would they? Drug screens, 3 weeks away from home, 150.00 a week to live out there on the road, no social life, scab wages with a take home pay each week of 300.00 after expenses & taxes? Fast food pays that much & you get free meals. To many other entry level positions to choose from with fair starting pay & sleep @ home every night. I forgot, DOT inspections, more chances to be pulled over by LE, daily paper work to do after a 12 to 14 hour day, no overtime. If you make 10 bucks an hour in a warehouse work 20 hr of OT that's 100 extra bucks a week that trucking does not offer. Easy choice to make. Looking for long term employment in driving a truck is an option most young people won't make. Oh yea, remember when you have to give the company the first 2 hours @ the dock before your pay kicks in? Someone please tell me about any company paying by the hour that does that. von.
Amen !!!