FedEx Freight | So what should the punishment be?

Think what you want. It is their right. You are absolutely correct. And that right will cost them their job in many cases. I would never attend a union meeting because I have first hand information of how they operate. Just like I know how company management operates. You seem a bit naive. I would have thought a man of your knowledge would have developed a little more worldly wisdom or informed judgment.
So Train, you are saying that 60% plus drivers at my many FedEx Freight location are going to be "gone" for attending meetings, showing support, etc. Granted, many never attend a single meeting. Even still, you are saying that there will be a 30% plus "turnover" coming soon, for no other reason, than attending meetings? Where will these drivers come from? Would you not agree that such a tactic would reinvigorate the very effort said to be fought so vehemently against?

Does FedEx have the motivation and desire to go down the list, eliminating drivers known to support the effort? Or would they prefer to get back to the business of taking care of customers and delivering the freight? Your warnings make one think, it might just be better to push harder to complete the task, or risk termination. Win or die, so to speak. Is that what you are saying? Winning would negate THAT fear.

Ya know, often knowledge helps to overcome fear. Fear of the unknown.

Personally, I refuse to become one of those drivers who just doesn't care. You know the ones, Train. Frustrated ones who just give up, and develop a "screw it" attitude. I do care, and the day I quit caring enough to make the effort to improve things, I will be gone.

So Train, you are saying that 60% plus drivers at my many FedEx Freight location are going to be "gone" for attending meetings, showing support, etc. Granted, many never attend a single meeting. Even still, you are saying that there will be a 30% plus "turnover" coming soon, for no other reason, than attending meetings? Where will these drivers come from? Would you not agree that such a tactic would reinvigorate the very effort said to be fought so vehemently against?

Does FedEx have the motivation and desire to go down the list, eliminating drivers known to support the effort? Or would they prefer to get back to the business of taking care of customers and delivering the freight? Your warnings make one think, it might just be better to push harder to complete the task, or risk termination. Win or die, so to speak. Is that what you are saying? Winning would negate THAT fear.

Ya know, often knowledge helps to overcome fear. Fear of the unknown.

Personally, I refuse to become one of those drivers who just doesn't care. You know the ones, Train. Frustrated ones who just give up, and develop a "screw it" attitude. I do care, and the day I quit caring enough to make the effort to improve things, I will be gone.
What I am saying is this .... When mistakes are made and they will be made. A company can look the other way if they choose to. You probably wouldn't be fired just for attending a union meeting. But if you are known as a loud mouth arrogant type that is a known union supporter then you are gone.There will be no looking the other way. Drivers talk and sometimes their mouth overloads their ass. They shoot their mouth off to the wrong driver and that driver reports back. You never know who that driver might be. It could even be a dockworker. Any hint that you are a union supporter is all it takes. And sometimes just being at a union meeting is all it would take. If Red was to mess up big time you could rest assured they would look the other way. With many others on here ... Not so much.

What I am saying is this .... When mistakes are made and they will be made. A company can look the other way if they choose to. You probably wouldn't be fired just for attending a union meeting. But if you are known as a loud mouth arrogant type that is a known union supporter then you are gone.There will be no looking the other way. Drivers talk and sometimes their mouth overloads their ass. They shoot their mouth off to the wrong driver and that driver reports back. You never know who that driver might be. It could even be a dockworker. Any hint that you are a union supporter is all it takes. And sometimes just being at a union meeting is all it would take. If Red was to mess up big time you could rest assured they would look the other way. With many others on here ... Not so much.

Take your opinions back to the union debate thread. Do you have to ruin every thread with your opinions?

Again, I know more than you think I do...maybe his son was one of the ones that left and went to UPSF...it is getting late and I've had a long day.
What do we have to hide?
How is the playing field not level?

Your mouth peice up there is a drunk and half the time shows up to work half blasted.

One morning about 6 weeks ago upon returning to my home terminal the morning supervisor said to me. "Hey before you go home,come in and and see me." I thought huh OK so I dropped and fueled up walked back in to finish my log and sign off. I checked back in with the supervisor and he said the Service Center Mgr. was waiting for me.... Oh My,
this is unusual I thought.
He welcomed me into his office and asked how things were going? I said they were good. He then said we are now going to have a conference call with the Safety Department. What the heck is going on? What did I walk into? The Terminal mgr. sat there silent as the Safety man asked if I was aware of DOT and FXF regulations concerning breaks? Yes I thought I was.
After asking a few direct questions and asking me to recall my trip. I did. Safety man asked if I had logged my break at the 150 mile marker? I said yes I have. He was making sure that I did, because he could not have see my log it was still in my book with another 14 hours of the day to work.
My take on all this talk about logging is that DOT and FXF are working as one.If you stop at all you had better log it...I stopped for 4 minutes to drain the snake. Harassment? Who knows I am not an organizer at my barn just a 18 year Safe Road driver trying to work a job and not bother anybody. Yes Illinois is a Lawyers Paradise, Cover yourself! One step over the line is equal to a lifetime of bad driving.

One morning about 6 weeks ago upon returning to my home terminal the morning supervisor said to me. "Hey before you go home,come in and and see me." I thought huh OK so I dropped and fueled up walked back in to finish my log and sign off. I checked back in with the supervisor and he said the Service Center Mgr. was waiting for me.... Oh My,
He welcomed me into his office and asked how things were going? I said they were good. He then said we are now going to have a conference call with the Safety Department. What the heck is going on? What did I walk into? The Terminal mgr. sat there silent as the Safety man asked if I was aware of DOT and FXF regulations concerning breaks? Yes I thought I was.
After asking a few direct questions and asking me to recall my trip. I did. Safety man asked if I had logged my break at the 150 mile marker? I said yes I have. He was making sure that I did, because he could not have see my log it was still in my book with another 14 hours of the day to work.
My take on all this talk about logging is that DOT and FXF are working as one.If you stop at all you had better log it...I stopped for 4 minutes to drain the snake. Harassment? Who knows I am not an organizer at my barn just a 18 year Safe Road driver trying to work a job and not bother anybody. Yes Illinois is a Lawyers Paradise, Cover yourself! One step over the line is equal to a lifetime of bad driving.

How exactly does one log 4 min???

Just showes me regardless of what sideyour on the company continues to show how little they respect there ageing work force.

Could it be you got E logs but not using then system wide yet ?
Shaker boxes ?
ECM on tractor ?

Bingo he got fired. He was stoping for his 15 minute breaks but didn't log them. No to California. The company gives you 2 15 minute breaks right for road drivers?
if they want you gone,,you will be,i have never logged any stops unless its a 30 minute lunch. sucks about the driver.

if they want you gone,,you will be,i have never logged any stops unless its a 30 minute lunch. sucks about the driver.

Same here, but after reading this last month you can bet I do now especially since I'm not the kinda guy that goes on my knees under the SCM desk before and after my on duty time

Could it be you got E logs but not using then system wide yet ?
Shaker boxes ?
ECM on tractor ?
GPS tracking on the trucks and trailers.their program records all aspects of your run in real time.they can also go back and pull the history of your run.one day city pulled the history of one the drivers and it showed each stop and route that was traveled displayed it on a map. and those that think they can beat the system by not hooking up the powercord to the trailers, you're wrong.

A yr and a half or so they were trying to get rid of a driver who blatantly abuse his run time and break times. After a thorough investigation to match logs and handheld the legal dept denied them dismissing driver due "too many glitches in the handheld" driver is still here.

A yr and a half or so they were trying to get rid of a driver who blatantly abuse his run time and break times. After a thorough investigation to match logs and handheld the legal dept denied them dismissing driver due "too many glitches in the handheld" driver is still here.

Good deal! Lmao