TForce | some pics of new equiptment

Overnite

TB Veteran
Credits
Glad to see it has the pole to hold the lines from getting grease on them, but it is right in the way it should be on the far side of the dolly. And that big handle looks crazy.

5778476762_4a505c84f7_b.jpg

THey also have these giant flyswatters they call mudflaps, maybe it helps spray from going out of the sides of the trailers and keeps it under them.

5777934025_b33ab6bfde_b.jpg

We had some of these trailers in our yard also, don't now anything about them.

5778477062_c8e770390f_b.jpg

I dont believe that trailer is ours that is a feeder trailer that is set for a feeder dolly witch sets 18 inches below a freight dolly so what terminal are u out of and why is there two feeder trailers on your yard ??????

Glad to see it has the pole to hold the lines from getting grease on them, but it is right in the way it should be on the far side of the dolly. And that big handle looks crazy.

5778476762_4a505c84f7_b.jpg

THey also have these giant flyswatters they call mudflaps, maybe it helps spray from going out of the sides of the trailers and keeps it under them.

5777934025_b33ab6bfde_b.jpg

We had some of these trailers in our yard also, don't now anything about them.

5778477062_c8e770390f_b.jpg

Looks like nice equipment Overnite. Thanks for the pictures. Makes me feel like there is hope for us out west...

Are they doing away with them plastic air lines I hope?

I think the brown pups may be Feeders as the glad hands sit inside boxes in the nose.
As for those open air mud flaps,I saw an article on the net awhile ago claiming they offer better fuel mileage.
I guess if they work,with all of the trailers UPS owns they could save a good bit of money on fuel.

Oh my you can tell this is an old video,the fuel prices are almost double of what they are showing.
I don't really agree that you can save much with just mud flaps?
Gee whiz the drag you get from the cab,and the nose of trailers,and this mud flap idea is kind of wishful thinking in my opinion.

Last edited by a moderator:
If your as skeptical as I am about these new fang-led flaps, you can listen to a driver that knows these flaps are saving money.
This is Joe the fly swatter mub flap expert.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've read that one convex fender mirror cuts fuel economy by 1/10th that really adds up with big fleets and the price fuel is now.

You people complain about the old Overnite equipment and the new stuff. What's it gonna take to satisfy you people? Nothing is ever good enough. If we got all Peterbilts with 600 hp engines and blond bikini models to chauffeur us somebody would be complaining that ther was no brunettes.

I want a REDHEAD !! They run a little bit hotter !!!!
You people complain about the old Overnite equipment and the new stuff. What's it gonna take to satisfy you people? Nothing is ever good enough. If we got all Peterbilts with 600 hp engines and blond bikini models to chauffeur us somebody would be complaining that ther was no brunettes.

Hmmmmmm...cavscoutdad,I myself don't get where your coming from with your flame about complainers?

This newest group of posts haven't been to bad in my opinion?
I know I was just commenting that the brown pup in the photo was probably a feeder trailer,and the mud flap issue is more of a doubt that they make much of a difference.
When the cab,and trailer nose is plowing a lot of air causing most of the drag.

Oh yes and you really can't address sarcasm as whining,that is just how most trucker express themselves.
Just cuzz when your a trucker you gotta deal with so many people all with varying personalities,and sarcasm is some times the only defense you have to make a point.

I dont like the handles on the dolly fifth wheel.I have the experience of the handle stopping just before dropping into the locked position.I dont trust a fifth wheel that you have to push the handle on.

i was in Florida on vacation and saw a UPS Freight s/t that was brand new. It had a solid brown cab with a grey box on it that said UPS Freight

You know you can't make some people happy if you hung them with a new rope.:popcorn:

and i also herd that the company wants each driver to loose 10 pounds so it can save them billion apon trillions of cash on fuel