Yellow | Sorry We Must Vote Yes !!!!!

Are you voting Yes or No on July 2009 NMFA Concessions?

If you're trying to outdo yourself with ignorant posts then you've certainly succeeded! Where have we voted our pensions away? We're voting on a 18 month non-permanent contribution termination. It's a gamble of course but what's the alternative, having them shut the doors and NEVER again getting pension contributions made on our behalf (and losing the largest unionized trucking job left)? Duh!!

The Revised Plan also provides for a Non-Permanent Pension Contribution Termination Period from
July 1, 2009 through December 31, 2010 during which time the company may terminate its participation in the pension funds andmake no contributions to the funds. During this 18month Pension Contribution Termination Period, there will be no accrual of benefits. At the end of the Pension Contribution Termination Period, the company will be required to resume its participation in the pension funds effective January 1, 2011 and make pension contributions. (Section 2)

Hey, Trisex, how be yous? Don't these numbers seem a little high as to what they say they're going to save. Like way inflated by making out theres still 45,000 union members instead of I'll bet closer to low 30s(counting all the laidoff guys I bet). I would have to say the ignorant one would believe that this pos company will survive and even more ignorant to believe the pos union. And by they're own words did they not say even more layoffs, even less savings now. I appreciate you reading my ignorant posts so that I might be able to bring you "up" to my low level of intelligence. By the time I'm done with you, you'll be begging for info on how to vote NO!

Excellent post, brother. Back in the '70s or 80s, when Chrysler was in trouble the first time, didn't Lee Iacocca work for $1.00 a year until the company paid back the gov't? If Zollars had any integrity at all (which we know he doesn't), he would agree to $1.00/yr until our wages and benefits were back up to the original NMFA.

I don't know about the dollar a year but Chrysler never got money. They only got loan guarantees. They never used them. And if I rember when they forced him out he got a huge bounes. Do you think if Zollars goes he will go quietly?

If you're trying to outdo yourself with ignorant posts then you've certainly succeeded! Where have we voted our pensions away? We're voting on a 18 month non-permanent contribution termination. It's a gamble of course but what's the alternative, having them shut the enefits. At the end of the Pension Contribution Termination Period, the company will be required to resume its participation in the pension funds effective January 1, 2011 and make pension contributions. (Section 2)

Yrc will not use the money they will save by getting out of debt......They will super discount against abf,uspf,estees,fedxf and many more then those companies will cut their employees pay then yrc will come back and want more cuts.........enough is enough........come on guys..........:TR10driving03:........But yrc may be bluffing.......Has the IBT actually seen the books?.......how do we know they did not funnel money to china to make U.S> operations look bad.?.........Has anyone seen the books from the IBT?.......come on we need answers........:TR10driving03:

CEOS N EXECUTIVE BOARD CONTINUE TO LINE THIER POCKETS ,THEY HAVE RECIEVED 2 BONUSES SINCE WE GAVE BACK 10% AND WHERE IS ALL THE MONEY GOING FROM TERMINALS THEY ARE SELLING ,THEY ARE LIQUDATEDING AS THEY ARE LINING THEIR POCKETS ,THESE YELLOW EXECUTIVES ARE SOME REAL PIECES OF WORK ,IF WE GIVE TO THIS IN 6 MONTHS THEY WILL WANT MORE ,I AM TIRED OF BEING THREATENED THEY WILL GO OUT OF BUSINESS ,GO ALREADY I WILL GET ME UNEMPLOYMENT AND TAKE A VACATION ,I AM VOTING HELL NO:ranting2:

I think we can be friends. Its time for a haters party. Very nice post!

I don't know about the dollar a year but Chrysler never got money. They only got loan guarantees. They never used them. And if I rember when they forced him out he got a huge bounes. Do you think if Zollars goes he will go quietly?

I stand corrected -- I believe they were loan guarantees. But I'm pretty sure that Iacocca worked for $1/yr for a while. I read an analyst report not long ago that said that Zollars had in his employment contract a golden parachute of between 10 and 14 million dollars if his contract was terminated. Obviously our original NMFA contract wasn't worth the paper it was printed on; betcha Zollars contract would hold up better than ours.

I stand corrected -- I believe they were loan guarantees. But I'm pretty sure that Iacocca worked for $1/yr for a while. I read an analyst report not long ago that said that Zollars had in his employment contract a golden parachute of between 10 and 14 million dollars if his contract was terminated. Obviously our original NMFA contract wasn't worth the paper it was printed on; betcha Zollars contract would hold up better than ours.
:rockon::rockon::rockon:

<snip>
Obviously our original NMFA contract wasn't worth the paper it was printed on; betcha Zollars contract would hold up better than ours.

Are you for real? We're voting on the changes. Nothing gets modified in the contract unless we vote for it. How do you figure that our contract hasn't held up?

You know if some of you guys were alive when the teamsters were still being formed by Hoffa Sr. it would have never happened. Just think we would still be driving non A C trucks, a post and a pad with a padded piece of wood and a cigarette burning our fingers to stay awake.

I know the arguements a different now, but they are just as important in our time. It pains me to do it but it is a NO. Go back to the table and figure out a better deal.

Voting NO this time .
We were assured the 10 % would be enough .The economy has not changed enough to warrant additional concessions by us.Which means the IBT does not have a clue as to what is really needed .
I never voted yes in 23 years , until the 10% vote .We are systematically being destroyed .First lay us off , then cut our hard earned pay . Make us leary of the future , even scared for our families .Then hit us below the belt , go after the pensions and health care .What is left ? Nothing. As the man said in the movie &quot;Independence Day &quot; - &quot;we shall not go quietly into the night &quot;
Vote no -

Amen to that. He will get the gold mine and we will get the shaft.

I know the arguements a different now, but they are just as important in our time. It pains me to do it but it is a NO. Go back to the table and figure out a better deal.
Agree. It looks like the rank and file are the only ones giving anything. Management has already lost their pension so they give 5% back. Most are already over paid. The top management doesn't give up anything from what I can see. Do you see it?

You say yes under any circumstances! The only thing I say enough to is more concessions!

Enough of voting on what the leadership wants, it's our choice!

Why do we have to take whatever they want?

Now is the time to grow a pair!

I will not vote for this. They want to keep sticking their hands in my pockets but don't want to change their wasteful ways. No rule changes. nothing but more money back!!!! I voted yes on the last one but as the saying goes &quot; FOOL ME ONCE SHAME ON YOU FOOL ME TWICE SHAME ON ME!!!!!!!!!!&quot; Screw them for once let's show them what TEAMsters stands for and unanimously reject this horse crap.

&quot; FOOL ME ONCE SHAME ON YOU FOOL ME TWICE SHAME ON ME!!!!!!!!!!&quot; Screw them for once let's show them what TEAMsters stands for and unanimously reject this horse crap.

I agree send them back to the table.

I was talking to an airline pilot, on my flight home yesterday. I mentioned how much pressure we are under for concessions and he shared his story.

Due to flight crew layoffs, he went from a nice seniority run to being on call at the bottom of their list. He took a voluntary demotion from Captain to second seat, because his seniority would get him back onto a somewhat regular schedule. Their union also gave a wage cut. He said after the demotion and wage cut he was making about 55% of his former salary. As he said, &quot;At least I have a job&quot;.

We don't know where this downward spiral is taking us. The NMFA opened us up to all kinds of abusive practices. What I do know are the following...

NAFTA will happen. We better hope YRC is still in business and financially ready to combat the lost revenue. Truckload carriers will be biting into our business with up to an additional $.20 p/mile advantage.

All power will need to be replaced by 2014. YRC better be financially ready to meet that challenge.

If YRCW shuts down, we will definitely lose our pensions. All of us. Do I think it sucks many senior guys/new retirees are taking a hit, YES. Do I hope the rest of us keep our jobs and the bottom feeders come back, YES. Given the choice, the senior guys had a lifetime to make their nest egg, the junior guys haven't. Who is more deserving, is open to interpretation.

Does it make sense, at this point to retrench and try to weather this stormy economy? Yes, I think it does. We are not going to change the master plan of eliminating Teamster truckers. It is a battle we are going to fight until we lose. Not because just YRCW wants us down, but because big business wants us gone. They got the Steelworkers, then the Autoworkers, now they are coming for the Teamsters. I for one am voting to retrench. We can't fight this battle w/the NMFA we now have in an economic climate like our country is in. I want to live to fight another day.

I AM VOTING YES.

Are you for real? We're voting on the changes. Nothing gets modified in the contract unless we vote for it. How do you figure that our contract hasn't held up?

You are technically correct. We did vote on the contract modifications. I do have a separate question, tho. I would like to know if the ballots that are not returned are &quot;counted&quot; in the final tally. I heard, and it may not be true, that ballots that are not returned are counted as a &quot;yes&quot; vote. Let's use a simplified example: Say that there are 1,000 ballots mailed out. 300 are returned with a &quot;yes&quot; vote. 400 are returned with a &quot;no&quot; vote. And 300 are not returned at all. If ballots not returned are counted as &quot;yes&quot;, then the final vote would appear have passed by 60%. But if only ballots that are returned are counted, then it would not pass, because more people voted &quot;no&quot; than &quot;yes&quot;.

Look men, we have the right to vote. Be sure you realize that you have vacation time, sick time, holidays being paid, (seniority), health coverage, and if this dosent go thru, what do you have? You have a possibility to get on at another carrier if that is what you want to do. Im not really interested in starting over, but it thats what it takes to feed the family and to pay the bills then so be it. But remember talk is cheap, and you better take a hard look in that mirror if you think starting all over again is as simple as it sounds, cause there are plenty of other misplaced teamsters that have done it once or maybe more and just hate the thought of having to do it again. Health coverage is huge, and we dont pay for it yet? Think long and hard, your not going to get a second chance this time if it dont go thru!

(15% in concessions) we reached the magic # that no unionized ltl carrier has never returned from , so i will be voting no just so we don't repeat the past mistakes of the point of no return.10% was enough with this captain at the helm of the ship. It's to late to rid ourselves of zollars, so he also must go down with the ship, even if we are the ones the scholars want to blame for these once first rate freight companys going under, we gave enough for this overspending ceo and it's so-called board of directors , so let the cards fall where they may. Good-luck brothers and sisters.