XPO | Speculation on Changes Beginning in 2017

It has to be a cell connection. Maybe a pay per use rate or something. All the cameras are supposed to upload info to the website every (early) morning and you can upload manually at anytime. I haven't seen anything that says they can stream live but it's a camera with a cell connection just like your smart phone. Someone might be having one-way Face Time sessions with you, so be on your best behavior!

What I'm wondering is should I go into 2017 with a zero balance in pto?i try to roll over 2 weeks every year.im just kinda thinking our pto balance earned with Conway will be not be honored after xpo's pto policies take full effect.

What I'm wondering is should I go into 2017 with a zero balance in pto?i try to roll over 2 weeks every year.im just kinda thinking our pto balance earned with Conway will be not be honored after xpo's pto policies take full effect.
IMO, I don't think they can take what you've already earned. They can, however, reduce the amount you can earn, which I expect them to do.

That's my concern too TB. I'm hoping that XPO doesn't change Con-way's old PTO accrual rates beginning in 2017...at least not lessen them. If they do keep it the same, I'll make out like a bandit. I have a bunch of PTO hours saved up now and if I put in another 4 years, I'll have over 25 years of service w/ the company and will be eligible to accrue 560 hours that I can cash in when I retire from this place. At today's pay rate that would be a nice separation package of about $15,000,(after tax dollars = $11,000).Enough to put a hefty down payment on a nice little car that I'm interested in. :greedy dollars:

That's my concern too TB. I'm hoping that XPO doesn't change Con-way's old PTO accrual rates beginning in 2017...at least not lessen them. If they do keep it the same, I'll make out like a bandit. I have a bunch of PTO hours saved up now and if I put in another 4 years, I'll have over 25 years of service w/ the company and will be eligible to accrue 560 hours that I can cash in when I retire from this place. At today's pay rate that would be a nice separation package of about $15,000,(after tax dollars = $11,000).Enough to put a hefty down payment on a nice little car that I'm interested in. :greedy dollars:
I though Conway changed the rollover policy on PTO.. I kinda remember them saying you use your PTO or you loose them??? There will be no pay out?? And no more going negative on PTO's

I though Conway changed the rollover policy on PTO.. I kinda remember them saying you use your PTO or you loose them??? There will be no pay out?? And no more going negative on PTO's

Idon't know about going negative on one's PTO balance, but I can help u w/ the other stuff that u brought up. Get onto our company employee portal. Uner Quick Links on the right hand side f the home page

Concerning going negative on one's PTO's, I couldn't tell you what's going to happen on that topic. However, I can direct you to what I know per our company employee portal. Go onto our employee portal. On the home page under 'Quick Links' click onto 'My Personal Information.' This will bring up a pdf file of our company handbook. Click onto the bottom line 'view my employee handbook' line at the bottom. Scroll down to policy 433- 'Paid Time Off.' There you'll find a short paragraph on company accrual rates per one's time in service w/ the company. Below that info will be a break down chart on specifics rates of PTO's according to the time you've got in the company. The max is 560 hours that one can accrue and cash out upon retirement. There is specific language saying that you can cash out accumulated PTO hours or take the time in paid days off and then transition into retirement if that option is your choice.

As far as I know, XPO hasn't changed this policy...yet. They said that they would keep everything that Conway had in place when they closed on us last October through 2016. What happens beginning in 2017 and beyond is anyone's guess. One of my co-worker speculated that he would be surprised if they did change the current policy on PTO's...Why?... "cause that would just tick guys off to no end, especially senior guys who have put a lot of years into this company looking forward to this benefit. And I don't think that that would be a good thing for him,(Mr Jacobs), to be doing"...in spite of him trying to squeeze more profit out of this company, especially at drivers' expense.

We'll just have to wait and see what happens.:popcorn:

Idon't know about going negative on one's PTO balance, but I can help u w/ the other stuff that u brought up. Get onto our company employee portal. Uner Quick Links on the right hand side f the home page

Concerning going negative on one's PTO's, I couldn't tell you what's going to happen on that topic. However, I can direct you to what I know per our company employee portal. Go onto our employee portal. On the home page under 'Quick Links' click onto 'My Personal Information.' This will bring up a pdf file of our company handbook. Click onto the bottom line 'view my employee handbook' line at the bottom. Scroll down to policy 433- 'Paid Time Off.' There you'll find a short paragraph on company accrual rates per one's time in service w/ the company. Below that info will be a break down chart on specifics rates of PTO's according to the time you've got in the company. The max is 560 hours that one can accrue and cash out upon retirement. There is specific language saying that you can cash out accumulated PTO hours or take the time in paid days off and then transition into retirement if that option is your choice.

As far as I know, XPO hasn't changed this policy...yet. They said that they would keep everything that Conway had in place when they closed on us last October through 2016. What happens beginning in 2017 and beyond is anyone's guess. One of my co-worker speculated that he would be surprised if they did change the current policy on PTO's...Why?... "cause that would just tick guys off to no end, especially senior guys who have put a lot of years into this company looking forward to this benefit. And I don't think that that would be a good thing for him,(Mr Jacobs), to be doing"...in spite of him trying to squeeze more profit out of this company, especially at drivers' expense.

We'll just have to wait and see what happens.:popcorn:

Something similar happen years ago with another company, and they froze everyone that had a higher vacation level and called it the Legacy program knowing that the ones that had 8 to 10 weeks of vacation with that company (not Con-way) kept what they had but could not gain any more time off the new employees worked under the new vacation package plan within 10 years most had retired, moved on or passed on maybe this could be an option.

Something similar happen years ago with another company, and they froze everyone that had a higher vacation level and called it the Legacy program knowing that the ones that had 8 to 10 weeks of vacation with that company (not Con-way) kept what they had but could not gain any more time off the new employees worked under the new vacation package plan within 10 years most had retired, moved on or passed on maybe this could be an option.

Perhaps...yet only time will tell. But for now, it's all just a wait and see scenario. All that one can do is to hope that things concerning this issue ,at least I'm hoping, will stay the same.:rugby:

Bend over and get ready for a hosing, because if you look at the History of any buyouts and you will see you are in for a hosing , just look at what YRC did to Holland , at one time they were the best and now after the YRC buyout , they are a whipped yellow dog , and worker morale is in the toilet !! XPO is going to do whats best for the XPO upper management guys ,so they can get a big Bonus yearly period ....................

Bend over and get ready for a hosing, because if you look at the History of any buyouts and you will see you are in for a hosing , just look at what YRC did to Holland , at one time they were the best and now after the YRC buyout , they are a whipped yellow dog , and worker morale is in the toilet !! XPO is going to do whats best for the XPO upper management guys ,so they can get a big Bonus yearly period ....................
Yeah, that bonus check I am getting next week and my raise in April sure are pissing me off. How dare XPO pay me more than Conway did. Those bastards are going to make less money now and I will make more.

Thanks to former Conway managers now at YRC, we are in the process of having them installed in our trucks too. But the Drive Cams are forward facing only. DriveCam told YRC they can expect a 30% reduction in accidents the first year
Thats funny keep believing that and you'll be fine . That evidence will not be submissible in court because the plaintiff will have it thrown out due to not being able to see what the YRC driver was doing prior and during an accident . Those cameras are to protect the company not you and you will be watched , SOOOO enjoy

wongway sounds like a broken record same spiel he uses on every thread. sounds like a butt hurt fired conway driver that had to go to YRC