Yellow | Stand Proud Chicago!!!!!!

I don't care what Reddaway did, I work for YRC domiciled in Wisconsin and drive to Chicago every trip and do not think it is fair that they make more money than me. There will be some grievances filed if Hoffa doesn't take care of this problem.

chicago--do wht new penn and all the other's didnt....stand up for yourself..u voted no twice already....when i tell my kid no its freakn no the first second and third time.......

OMG..It's beyond belief that some see this as a question of pride. But at the same time I can see where they're coming from. When I collected unemployment and food stamps I was beaming with pride. There's nothing like it. Ya gotta try it. Making $1200.00+ a week is nothing like standing proud without a job. Give me a break.

are they hiring where you make 1200$ a week??.. I thinks me is gonna need a job soon....

Keep in mind when your looking at your states benifit amount, that its all taxable.And dont forget the state doesnt pay your health insurance,sick days, holidays and vacation.Chicago is going to vote no again, nothing has changed.We will see what yrc reaction will be,at this point they will probably shut the doors,the consessions are part of the deal why the banks continue to work with them.They cant run freight around chicago,its too much of a pivotal point.Im not happy with the way the way management has run this company into the ground,and they still havent made any real cuts.But alot of people are going to suffer big time if they lock the gates.How many co-workers do you know that have sick family members that are require expensive heathcare and medications?IT will be a very sad day.

I remember this time last year very clearly.........Combine yellow and roadway and take a 10% cut and yrc will be ok......Well here it is exactly one year later and look whats happened since then......took another 5% cut as well as pension supension for 18 months and now the stock holders will take a huge cut and now they need chicago to agree to the extra cuts........I remember Tyson Johnson back one year ago saying this is all they need......What a crock of dodo.....When will it ever stop.......enough is enough.......Bill Zollars it is time for your concessions and your cronies.........nuff said............:TR10driving03:

OMG..It's beyond belief that some see this as a question of pride. But at the same time I can see where they're coming from. When I collected unemployment and food stamps I was beaming with pride. There's nothing like it. Ya gotta try it. Making $1200.00+ a week is nothing like standing proud without a job. Give me a break.

I see voting yes kept your job for you it sounds like!

I don't care what Reddaway did, I work for YRC domiciled in Wisconsin and drive to Chicago every trip and do not think it is fair that they make more money than me. There will be some grievances filed if Hoffa doesn't take care of this problem.

You little non union, tattle tale, did you actually read your post, you can't blame the guy down the street because he makes more money then you if he chose to go to school and get a better job, well then don't blame the guy who was willing to take a stand, you big baby!

I see voting yes kept your job for you it sounds like!

You voted no twice. Third no is on the way. That doesn't make you a bad person. Go for it. A man ought to do what he thinks is best. You got them by the balls. But you will lose your job it sounds like

the way i see it, Yellow will close the doors wheather they get what they want or not. I think (if they do close) it will be all blamed on the Union anyways. But we all know the truth on how they went in the crapper. I see them being closed before christmas, sorry fellow brother/sister. Through the whole deal you never heard of Anyone in Upper Mang. (zollers/shareholders) cuting thier pay or working with out it.

I remember this time last year very clearly.........Combine yellow and roadway and take a 10% cut and yrc will be ok......Well here it is exactly one year later and look whats happened since then......took another 5% cut as well as pension supension for 18 months and now the stock holders will take a huge cut and now they need chicago to agree to the extra cuts........I remember Tyson Johnson back one year ago saying this is all they need......What a crock of dodo.....When will it ever stop.......enough is enough.......Bill Zollars it is time for your concessions and your cronies.........nuff said............:TR10driving03:

zollars will not be hurt one bit,he has more money than he knows what to do with.If somebody is voting no to spite zollars or any other upper manager.or union rep.the only people thier hurting is the other 40,000 teamsters.

i hope the good people of 705 and 710 don't think there are 1500 $23 an hour jobs just lying around waiting for them. If you don't like your job with yrc why not take the concessions and go out and find something better while still employed. Hope all of you can make the right decision so some of us can continue to feed our families.

If you believe this vote going to save the company. :stupid:The doors will close within 6 month no matter yes or no. You should be looking for a job anyway just in case.

>How many co-workers do you know that have sick family members that are require expensive heathcare and medications?IT will be a very sad day. <

Do you think these idiots care? As one IBT official told me he was told point blank by 2 members &quot; F--K the rest of them -I don't care. I got my time -I want my money&quot;

zollars will not be hurt one bit,he has more money than he knows what to do with.If somebody is voting no to spite zollars or any other upper manager.or union rep.the only people thier hurting is the other 40,000 teamsters.

I totally agree..We all know it's managements fault but you are only helping them if you vote &quot;no&quot;...They want you to.
The next days headlines will read 1700 Greedy Chicago Teamsters close YRC....40,000+ Out Of Work....Never Join A Union Or They Will Close You Down!!!!!!!. Biggest Union contract ever, once containing 450,000 members, killed by small number of Chicago Teamsters
The stories may read: Hoffa says he warned them, Zollars said he warned them.......but they knew better.....
I'd hate to walk in them shoes if it should happen that way.....even if I knew it was coming anyways or should I say, thought I knew.....It's a great union busting strategy..sad thing is ...that nobody is gonna view the Chicago Teamsters as hero's should they close due to a NO vote. I respect your right to vote and your decision is your decision....but think about the consequences...Most of us will probably never get to work a union job again for the rest of our lives..and it is a better job than any non-union job I ever had...they are hell...If you think you have no rights or choices now...wait till you get out in the real non-union world. It's got to be hell-on earth for a man who once had so many rights that he was willing to throw away...Against the advise of the union reps who were voted in by the majority, and company reps . Remember you are doing this all on your own..the union is advising for a yes vote...don't blame them if they close immediately after your vote. They told you and the majority of the Teamsters voted them in to advise you and represent you. It's not just your barns being affected...40,000 people,your brothers will also be affected....Remember that you were once a union guy should you vote no and they close...and remember that they warned you.....and remember that you and all your brothers once had a chance to vote on your pay and benefits and working conditions and file grievences should things be done wrong........Because should you vote no against so many warnings....you will be looked at as responsible for the end of one of the greatest contracts for american families that ever existed....by most probably the vast majority of anybody who follows this story and will be used as a reason that nobody should join unions for many years to come.....and this may be the last vote that many of you or your 40,000 or so brothers will ever have concerning any of your pay,benefits,or working conditions....you'll do as your told as a ***** for pay from now on or be shown the door...you'll take what your given or be shown the door...

I'd like to be nicer and say hey your vote is your vote but I thought maybe you should read what may happen with your vote.....and no I won't believe it's &quot;really&quot; your fault...it's Zollars and mismanagement but unionfacts and right-to-work and heritage foundation are probably licking their lips in hopes that you fall for the bait so they can use your no vote to all but kill the union cause...and they will probably succeed.........If you vote yes you may be relieved of the terrilble pains that may be caused you,..... should you vote no and then you can maybe (hopefully not) watch YRC fold and you to can come out white as snow for we will have showed the world that we did everything in our power as teamsters to save the place ...and YRC Management will have to take the rightfull blame.

NTP,

Wow!
I just want to ask, how much should you give up before theres a NO vote. I mean how far does one go, if they say 25%, should we try? No matter what the teamsters reject we will be painted black?

To my brothers in chicago. I did not post the prevoius post because I do not like you. I post it because I do..You are my brothers..and I honestly feel that you will be used as the scapegoat by alot of misguided and anti-union forces in this world.shold you vote no against all advise. You are set up perfectly for this..and personally I wouldn't wish that weight upon anybody's shoulders. But I feel that the non-union devils will be waiting for all of our sorry asses to walk thru their doors with pitchforks and whips in hand should you be used for such a sick purpose. If you have a hard time accepting that your voice hasn't been heard with this vote, imagine what it will be like in the future with no chance for a vote at all....again..you are my brothers and and my suggestion doesn't come from fear or anger...it comes just like it would e towards my kids or sister or cousins or any family member or friend....you can vote no again, and I will know why you did. And I will have to live with it...but what you will have to live with could be much, much heavier than it appears at first..I surely hope they don't come back to New Penn with the same bullying, for we experienced it also...You'd probably be better off sticking together with the rest of us in solidarity than have to feel the burden of what may happen...I cannot see the future but the possibilities I listed are very possible...May God Bless your decision.

NTP,

Wow!
I just want to ask, how much should you give up before theres a NO vote. I mean how far does one go, if they say 25%, should we try? No matter what the teamsters reject we will be painted black?
They won't get 25%. we all know what's being done to you is wrong..and I don't believe they could even win another 5% back from there own YRC guys and would be very confident that they won't get it from New Penn and the thing has to end here.....but I just feel it is best for you and all of the unions in the country that you stick together with us in solidarity. We all took the cut for all of us to continue..
If we should fold after you vote yes....Zollars, Hoffa and all the bigshots will have to take all the heat...let them take it..
Don't stand alone and take it all yourself. The burden of the repercussions could be very heavy...Did you ever argue for the union cause on these boards....if you did, you'll know that it's all but over for our cause should they be able to use this whole situation against us and our rights to vote on work decisions will be gone...It will be extremely hard to organise should you take all the heat....should you vote yes as advised we can all say that we gave as much as we could.And YRC management and Hoffa will have to take the heat if we all stand together. And should we make it like our leaders say we may......we may end up with more time with our union rights....but if it really does end due to a no vote...we will never find out if we would have made it on these cuts alone. We did what we could. I decided to stand with the rest of my New Penn guys and take the chance of us staying New Penn. Alot of guys wanted to vote no...and didn't....and we've had a few more grand in our pockets for a few more weeks longer. I worked non-union for 9 of my 18.5 years in trucks...and I hate it with a passion...and am in no hurry to go back there..I don't know if I'll be able to hold back my anger should I get bossed around by a bossy boss...or dogged by suckups constantly...I'm in no hurry to go back.....but the ball is in your court.