Yellow | Steward fired at 211 ( AKRON )

micheal jordan got paid more cause he was the best athlete.......as teamsters we set the pay, bennies standard but most our guys in the yard and dock, city, mechanics cant make it in the amatuer league for performance when theY should out shine our compatioRs moves per hour and you wonder why we cant make money and U high school coachs runnIng the GAME so i agree with u tom3901 so right fair days work fair days pay they all foget about that....... have some pride do ur job for 8 hoursmake more moves per hour then are competiors

dont forget to minus the 42% pay cut that you gave back into that fair day fair pay. that's the real give back # when you include everything.

If you are referring to me, I voted yes on the first one! I campaigned and voted no on the last two. I also screwed up and voted for Hoffa the first time.....
When are most of people going to wake up and realize that the union, YRCW, and the future G20, are all on the same side? Which happens to be (NOT) on the working man's side.

well buying companys at the wrong time to many non unioun companys to many out date work rules that causes the company to lose money, employees that have never done a fairs days work in my 20 years 705 shuttle ,alot of the guys at some of the big terminals dont know how to do a fair days work wait they work hard at not working

and tell me again, what is so hard about a road man's job?

Nothing! You yard guys who do the same thing we do at other yards (eol) are the cats meow. Its a easy gig we have and not near as demanding as your yard work. I mean imagine me saying that you not doing your job in the Yard is costing ME income and sleep. How could I possibly complain about scrambling to get done on a 14 hour clock because of waiting 3 hours to get hooked and having to run the truck through the shop and put placards on. How as a mere road driver should I challenge your expertise on hooking my truck and even expecting it should be hooked right! I must be insane to expect you to do your job with the horrible working conditions that you must endure. I am put to lunch for 1 hour in buffalo without pay but once again I am only a road driver and not a real asset to YRC as a yardman is. The company must be insane not to realize that you 211 yardmen are the chosen ones.. I will walk through fire with you yardmen as I realize only you can hook my truck and let me have an bobtail that has been sitting for 2 hours as I wait in linehaul for 3 hours. I salute you Yardman...The backbone of the company....My job as a truck driver in a TRUCKING COMPANY is insignificant[..../B]

so well said right on tom3901 we have to work to get paid a concept they havnt figured out....... we cant go walk out and sit in our truck on the ready line for 8 hours never leaving the yard..... then walk back in and get paid

All I know is that there is a work slow down at 211. We have guys waiting 3-4 hours for hooks and they cant make their runs or deliver time freight. I am on the extra board at 211 and have waited 48 hours to get out because they cant get the foreign guys hooked so they don't call us and let freight stack up. I have lost major income over the yard at 211 playing games. Sometimes we don't even get 3-4 in per week. The guys doing the slow down lose NOTHING. The check is the same for them. The road guys have to jump through hoops to get there runs done(14 hr rule)(if they are called) and they lose time off at home if on bids. It is hard to have any sympathy for the 211 yard as they really don't care about anyone except themselves. Crying about breaks when they are on break most the night... I guess when the company has enough they will move the operation to Toledo and this will be part of the reasoning behind it. Wonder if the yard men will be slowing down at home without a job? Before you say non-union guy or insult me these are the facts......

This kind of stupifity is why I doubt YRC will survive too far into next year. Dont hear about this at Fedex or UPS, but YRC workewrs are dumb and lazy enough to kill ourselves. Pathetic.

we actually have to work to get paid as a road driver what a concept that maybe u should learn
BS, you shuttle drivers get paid hourly. Two trips to the Gax/M-04 from the terminal, I guess that can get tiring at eight hours pay a day. It is nice to hear that the shuttle drivers are actually working for once.

Last edited by a moderator:
dont forget

Nothing! You yard guys who do the same thing we do at other yards (eol) are the cats meow. Its a easy gig we have and not near as demanding as your yard work. I mean imagine me saying that you not doing your job in the Yard is costing ME income and sleep. How could I possibly complain about scrambling to get done on a 14 hour clock because of waiting 3 hours to get hooked and having to run the truck through the shop and put placards on. How as a mere road driver should I challenge your expertise on hooking my truck and even expecting it should be hooked right! I must be insane to expect you to do your job with the horrible working conditions that you must endure. I am put to lunch for 1 hour in buffalo without pay but once again I am only a road driver and not a real asset to YRC as a yardman is. The company must be insane not to realize that you 211 yardmen are the chosen ones.. I will walk through fire with you yardmen as I realize only you can hook my truck and let me have an bobtail that has been sitting for 2 hours as I wait in linehaul for 3 hours. I salute you Yardman...The backbone of the company....My job as a truck driver in a TRUCKING COMPANY is insignificant[..../B]

Don't forget that they hooked a tractor or trailer to your set that they had just damaged or that was wrote up by the previous driver.

I want to see a new managment team brought in- to replace BZ, the CFO Taylor who doesnt know what she is doing, and maybe Smid. With decent management we might have a chance. This should all be done soon, Zollars should not be around until things turn around-far too vague. The board of directors should also be paid in stock and not cash, let them feel the pain too.

Yesterday our TM fired on of our stewards who he says was encouraging a work slow down and talking of a possible strike. This guy just tried to ram a 30 min lunch and two 10 min breaks down our throat effective this past Sunday and when everything was put on hold he got PISSED. he has been trying to get rid of the straight 8's since he came here earlier in the year. This guy lies so bad I don't think his family believes anything he says. He kept telling us something has changed since the agreement was voted on and he was TOLD to enforce the 30 min mandatory lunch break. He hates our local work rules and will do anything he can to get rid of ALL them. Stand firm local 24 and get ready for a battle, the gloves are OFFFFFFFF!

Well, if he wasn't talking about a slow down I sure would be discussing it with the guys right now. We had a steward fired a couple years back (can't remember why), but it didn't take long for him to come back. Remember, there is nothing wrong with doing your job as "SAFE" as you possily can. Afterall, don't they preach safety first.

Is the 211 yard still on a slowdown in protest of their union steward being fired? I'm from 218 and have to pass through their on a regular basis....just wondering???

Remember...........WORK SAFE WORK SMART.............Never advertise a slow down..........And why cant everyone on here get along..........I am really trying to get along with everyone now.........

Remember...........WORK SAFE WORK SMART.............Never advertise a slow down..........And why cant everyone on here get along..........I am really trying to get along with everyone now.........

E glide, go read the paper on the porch, or ride your cycle, but do not do both at the same time. Or maybe I should just punch you in the nose!!!!, How is that for getting along? HA! HA! HA!

Funny!

E glide, go read the paper on the porch, or ride your cycle, but do not do both at the same time. Or maybe I should just punch you in the nose!!!!, How is that for getting along? HA! HA! HA!

Are you going to send that punch over the Internet or you gonna ESP it?:hysterical:

Don't forget The Seven Tests of Just Cause. Management needs to comply with ALL 7 tests in ALL discipline and discharge cases.

Don't forget The Seven Tests of Just Cause. Management needs to comply with ALL 7 tests in ALL discipline and discharge cases.

Can you let me know the seven tests I have never heard of this before. just want the info?????????