Yellow | Steward fired at 211 ( AKRON )

The Seven Tests of Just Cause
stwd_justcause.gif

Just Cause - Using the Seven Tests (UE's Information for Workers)

http://research.uiowa.edu/pimgr/?get=7steps

Last edited by a moderator:
Why blame the yard men ?
Do you just show up to go when you feel like it ?
I thought that the dispatchers job was to get it hooked and get the driver called,why call if it is not ready !
Looks like if you are sitting around ( On the clock ) its the dispatchers fault.
Their is noting wrong about working smart and safe its the YRC way you know !

Why blame the yard men ?

Do you just show up to go when you feel like

I thought that the dispatchers job was to get it hooked and get the driver called,why call if it is not ready !

Looks like if you are sitting around ( On the clock ) its the dispatchers faul

Their is noting wrong about working smart and safe its the YRC way you know !

No, Road Driver gets 2 hour work call from dispatcher. Dispatcher doesn't think yardman will be taking over 2 hours to hook. Road Driver sits on clock and makes boring money. I never did like to wait. Nothing like taking over 2 hours to hook a load. Oh well, guess a road driver can just sit and wait and make clock time. Gives the road driver a long day or night and who gets the blame when the loads late? Just tell the customer "WE'RE WORKING SMART AND SAFE!"

No, Road Driver gets 2 hour work call from dispatcher. Dispatcher doesn't think yardman will be taking over 2 hours to hook. Road Driver sits on clock and makes boring money. I never did like to wait. Nothing like taking over 2 hours to hook a load. Oh well, guess a road driver can just sit and wait and make clock time. Gives the road driver a long day or night and who gets the blame when the loads late? Just tell the customer "WE'RE WORKING SMART AND SAFE!"

Maybe you should go work for fedex or conway, because that is the way TEAMSTERS work. Don't wory I'll have your back too. I wish we could turn the clocks back about 30 years, thats when we had real teamsters, my father-in-law just turned over in his grave!

Originally Posted by Jay C View Post
If the steward was really stupid enough to threaten a TM with a strike or a slowdown

he____________________________is__________________ _______history

You sound like a no good rat.
he who condones a slow down or a strike in this day and age is a jumbo

4.gif
images

if you're still living in the teamster past like 30-40 years ago..you're
DinosaurSorry.jpg

they are laughing at you dumb asses​

Maybe you should go work for fedex or conway, because that is the way TEAMSTERS work. Don't wory I'll have your back too. I wish we could turn the clocks back about 30 years, thats when we had real teamsters, my father-in-law just turned over in his grave!
I don't know where the concept of "SCREW THE EMPLOYER" became synonymous with being a good Teamster has evolved from. But IMO it is a good thing that your father-in-law turned over in his grave. He was in great danger of choking on his own puke knowing that people like you are destroying the union. The principle purpose of a union is “the greatest good for the greatest number” NOT what a few want. The majority of Teamsters voted to TRY to keep YRCW companies in business. If, for what ever reason, you or for that matter anyone employed here CANNOT do their job to the BEST of their ability than why don’t you go to work for C-F or PIE or ANR or Nations Way. Oh wait THERE ALL out of business. And with dedicated Teamsters like yourself it won’t be long before YRC will suffer the same fate! You don’t work for the IBT you work for YRC. Leave the politics to the men and women who get paid for it and JUST DO YOUR job.

I don't know where the concept of "SCREW THE EMPLOYER" became synonymous with being a good Teamster has evolved from. But IMO it is a good thing that your father-in-law turned over in his grave. He was in great danger of choking on his own puke knowing that people like you are destroying the union. The principle purpose of a union is “the greatest good for the greatest number” NOT what a few want. The majority of Teamsters voted to TRY to keep YRCW companies in business. If, for what ever reason, you or for that matter anyone employed here CANNOT do their job to the BEST of their ability than why don’t you go to work for C-F or PIE or ANR or Nations Way. Oh wait THERE ALL out of business. And with dedicated Teamsters like yourself it won’t be long before YRC will suffer the same fate! You don’t work for the IBT you work for YRC. Leave the politics to the men and women who get paid for it and JUST DO YOUR job.
Company did their very best to beat into us that we are a piece of ::shit::. Then when we live up to their every expectation you don't like it.

Company did their very best to beat into us that we are a piece of ::shit::. Then when we live up to their every expectation you don't like it.
I see, in your fantasy world 2 wrong DO make a right! Try to accept the points I made, 1) the majority HAS spoken and 2) leave the politics to those who are paid for it and DO YOUR JOB. I do agree with one thing if you are not doing your job to the best of your ability then you are a piece of (insert appropriate noun here).

I see, in your fantasy world 2 wrong DO make a right! Try to accept the points I made, 1) the majority HAS spoken and 2) leave the politics to those who are paid for it and DO YOUR JOB. I do agree with one thing if you are not doing your job to the best of your ability then you are a piece of (insert appropriate noun here).
As ususal you put a lot of words into my posts. Feel better now. It is to be expected I guess.

As ususal you put a lot of words into my posts. Feel better now. It is to be expected I guess.
I just feel that if the so called management professionals won't live up to their standards that is no reason for Teamsters like you and I NOT to live up to ours. We should endeavor to be the best in the industry, regardless of how YRCW behaves. We are adults and as such SHOULD behave like it.

I just feel that if the so called management professionals won't live up to their standards that is no reason for Teamsters like you and I NOT to live up to ours. We should endeavor to be the best in the industry, regardless of how YRCW behaves. We are adults and as such SHOULD behave like it.
Thats better......I also think we should lay the blame where it belongs....not just on the children. May times they are a product of their enviroment. Thats the thing I was getting at.

We have been put in a position of being responcible for the futures of MANY people. Not just YRCW, not just Teamsters but everyone associated with this industry.

We have been put in a position of being responcible for the futures of MANY people. Not just YRCW, not just Teamsters but everyone associated with this industry.
Don't you mean the G20? Because, it would be an embarassment in someone's political party, if a big union company went out of business, especially on President Obama's watch.

Read the information and scroll down the list in the hyperlink. Look at all the donations within the last 20 years given to both Republican/Democratic Party for campaign contributions. I believe that money would have been better served in everyone's pension or insurance plan, rather than the full-time BS'n politicians hands'.

WARNING, THIS INFORMATION MAY CAUSE OUTRAGE!!!

http://www.aier.org/research/briefs...friends-government-spending-and-union-support

Supporting a loser who wants a slow down when the compnay is hurting is stupid,pal. You can worship these bums all you want, the turth is, guys like that should be axed pronto, ansd he can take the rest of the whiners and sloths with him. I hate working with guys like you, watch the clock all day and do as little a spossoble from break to break-for Gods sake try to at like you have a pair.

I got a pair buddy, as soon as you spit em out I have no more reason to watch the clock or stop working and doing my share!!!

Thanks Albag and Teamsters and others for your support and belief in keeping YRC around to live another day. Sad thing is after the yes vote is in....I know NOT ONE no voter of the many, many on TB that said previously they couldn't work with the new concessions and etc that has walked out the door....if there was something better out there guys, I would be there as you should be too if you don't like it here.

May God Bless us All

Thanks Albag and Teamsters and others for your support and belief in keeping YRC around to live another day. Sad thing is after the yes vote is in....I know NOT ONE no voter of the many, many on TB that said previously they couldn't work with the new concessions and etc that has walked out the door....if there was something better out there guys, I would be there as you should be too if you don't like it here.

May God Bless us All
Shut up. Shut the doors and i'll walk with my unemployment. If you want to work non-union then YOU leave!