Yellow | Steward fired at 211 ( AKRON )

Hey Longblade, Why not see what the "Straw poll" says at 211. I remember your "straw poll" at 135. Oh, yeah, that was way off huh? I'm still laughing about that. Thanks for the jokes!
cant help it that all the yes voters lied to their brothers and were pounding their chest about voting no then got their panties all in a bunch once the big bad ibt and yrc threaten their jobs with a close down if you voted no.

Why is the steward stupid for threatening a stupid TM ?
Teamsters can still strike whether it is a threat or not. Teamsters can also threaten a slowdown if the environment warrants it.

You hear me .. **** ant manager?
images

bio-peter.gif
wow deuce, you better stick to your cards if that's your game cuz you might be dumber than the steward if you think it's ok for a steward to threaten a terminal manager with a strike especially if the threat is over union approved work rules. By what the post says we can assume the steward called for a slowdown..not sure on that.

The steward's role is to inform a terminal manager of a violation of the contract if any..not threaten him with a strike. The steward then informs the BA of the violation if there is a violation of the contract..the BA's role is to explain the contract language to the TM..end of problem.
A strike over work rules will never happen..never

smarten up dummy
cuz you got a lot to learn

Last edited by a moderator:
Why is the steward stupid for threatening a stupid TM ?
Teamsters can still strike whether it is a threat or not. Teamsters can also threaten a slowdown if the environment warrants it.

You hear me .. **** ant manager?
You need to read the contract. I will say no more.

cant help it that all the yes voters lied to their brothers and were pounding their chest about voting no then got their panties all in a bunch once the big bad ibt and yrc threaten their jobs with a close down if you voted no.
You can't believe what guys tell you. When they get home and tell the wife that they are voting "NO", it hits the fan. When we went on strike, the ba's had calls from wives telling ba's that their husbands need to get back to work. They can't afford this. Big talk, little marbles. But, thanks again for the humor.

Who ever said this Steward threatened the terminal manager? "Supposedly" a ops supervisor said he heard this steward telling other coworkers to slow down. They had a hearing for him @ the local level and deadlocked. Now he has to wait til January for the Columbus hearings.

Who ever said this Steward threatened the terminal manager? "Supposedly" a ops supervisor said he heard this steward telling other coworkers to slow down. They had a hearing for him @ the local level and deadlocked. Now he has to wait til January for the Columbus hearings.

if he got a dead lock there 99 percent chance he's coming back.yrcw knows there going to lose there doing this to because the holidays are coming up and to make him suffer. cf did me that way once.

wages pension and welfare after you call the hall and tell your story and has some facts. this is just to scare some people up if it works on three out of ten they done there job plus they got you fighting with each other.

Maybe you should go work for fedex or conway, because that is the way TEAMSTERS work. Don't wory I'll have your back too. I wish we could turn the clocks back about 30 years, thats when we had real teamsters, my father-in-law just turned over in his grave!

Really, we should quit because we want an effective yard and to be called to work. Like almost every other yard in the system. Teamsters don't work like this. If that was the case we would have been closed years ago. Certain teamsters work like this and rely on everyone else that does their job to carry them. Your father and law turned in his grave because of everyone giving away there pension..Not that some people in Akron wish to bring the job to a grinding halt to get there way. We have what is called a grievance procedure. So this way, the problems can get addressed without costing people money and time off. That is the teamster way. This is a mute point. The company probably already has plans to move us to Toledo where there is no YARD PROBLEM... We sure did show them....

Geez! Toledo is going to get vey crowded with Chicago & Akron running out of them. Guess they will have to buy the dump & expand the terminal.

Really! 211 goes away. The east coast runs directly into the HUGE yard at Toledo. 309 turns Toledo and freight moves. The rail-yard is right down the street if 309 is out of the equation. 211 becomes a end of the line (no yard-men needed or road drivers) Toledo turns to get any freight or the east coast stops in route.... Look at the logistics...Really want to **** the company off or do our jobs and make sure freight or (THE NUMBERS) are great at 211. You guys amaze me that you think you think it cant happen!

Glad to see the boys take a stand !

A stand against what? All they have done is prove there is a yard problem at 211.. They won nothing. You need to do paperwork and follow the contract. Pouting children don't get there way! They win if you act poorly and unprofessional. Do the paperwork on the grievances and let the chips fall where they may. I know this is going to seem very stupid to some and not "the teamster way" but I don't see good things for 211..

A stand against what? All they have done is prove there is a yard problem at 211.. They won nothing. You need to do paperwork and follow the contract. Pouting children don't get there way! They win if you act poorly and unprofessional. Do the paperwork on the grievances and let the chips fall where they may. I know this is going to seem very stupid to some and not "the teamster way" but I don't see good things for 211..
Many of the posters here have VERY short memories or they have not been around YRCW very long. When I started 251 turned 309 often VIA railyards in Chicago. When we had the COO that brought triples to 309, we also got the primary reversed and 309got 251. Sadly 309 drivers would NOT turn VIA railyards. 6 monthes later Roadway had another small COO, BIG surprize 251 got their primary back. Anyone who believes that there will be no consequences to a work slowdown will be VERY dissappointed!