Yellow | Steward fired at 211 ( AKRON )

Maybe the good old days are over for you poor working stiffs. Not to long ago the Brothers and Sisters in SLC (881 pre robots ) would put the wood to the management for their stupid mistakes. We always worked safe and did it just the way they wanted it done. Ask any team driver that rolled into our barn if you do not believe me.
Picking on one of the yard people was not a very good idea and could cost a lot of money too. I recall one letter for a mis-hook that was a favor to the dispatcher at the end of the shift. The dispatcher gave the wrong trailer numbers out and would not speak up. Hostler got the letter but the company got the shaft . After a few weeks of working safe and by the book the company rescinded the letter and TEAMSTERS make a bunch of money.
A company that runs on numbers only understands one thing at the end of the day NUMBERS. When their numbers stand out and some weasel dick wakes up and See's what is going on the phone call is made. Our favorite people correct their bad decision and things all of a sudden run much better.
I bet your not very popular at 211 my son !
Oh and by the way we did do our paper work always !!
Good luck on your quest !!

Maybe the good old days are over for you poor working stiffs. Not to long ago the Brothers and Sisters in SLC (881 pre robots ) would put the wood to the management for their stupid mistakes. We always worked safe and did it just the way they wanted it done. Ask any team driver that rolled into our barn if you do not believe me.
Picking on one of the yard people was not a very good idea and could cost a lot of money too. I recall one letter for a mis-hook that was a favor to the dispatcher at the end of the shift. The dispatcher gave the wrong trailer numbers out and would not speak up. Hostler got the letter but the company got the shaft . After a few weeks of working safe and by the book the company rescinded the letter and TEAMSTERS make a bunch of money.
A company that runs on numbers only understands one thing at the end of the day NUMBERS. When their numbers stand out and some weasel dick wakes up and See's what is going on the phone call is made. Our favorite people correct their bad decision and things all of a sudden run much better.
I bet your not very popular at 211 my son !
Oh and by the way we did do our paper work always !!
Good luck on your quest !!

Yes but when we sit 2 hours for a bob-tail to get a blessing by a yardman and wait 3 hours for a hook, there is a number problem. Well dad, I know how it is supposed to work and it is not at 211. I could care not on my popularity at a trucking company. I guess the company should continue to have freight delayed and pay a sinful amount of delay time to satisfy a misguided bunch of yardmen. They can file paperwork if the contract is not followed and take care of all complaints. Yardmen are replaceable as drivers and dock workers are in today's world. Work smart and do your job and the numbers take care of themselves. I would prefer to keep working at 211 and not be forced to 254 because of 4-5 yardmen are not happy. Would this make sense to you? By the way I am not your son, so don't address me that way!

Yes but when we sit 2 hours for a bob-tail to get a blessing by a yardman and wait 3 hours for a hook, there is a number problem. Well dad, I know how it is supposed to work and it is not at 211. I could care not on my popularity at a trucking company. I guess the company should continue to have freight delayed and pay a sinful amount of delay time to satisfy a misguided bunch of yardmen. They can file paperwork if the contract is not followed and take care of all complaints. Yardmen are replaceable as drivers and dock workers are in today's world. Work smart and do your job and the numbers take care of themselves. I would prefer to keep working at 211 and not be forced to 254 because of 4-5 yardmen are not happy. Would this make sense to you? By the way I am not your son, so don't address me that way!

Let me tell you something. Saying you wait 2 hours for a bobtail is a bunch of bullshit and you know it! I also know that you stating you wait 3 hours for a hook is bullshit also. I work the yard at 211 and I know both of these statements to be untrue. I can tell you about numerous times when dispactchers would put drivers on a 2 hour call, then wait for them to arrive and then put their dispatch out for a hook only to realize the trailers are not cut yet. You can then wait 4 the dock to cut your trailers, send them to the yard, have a string man slap them together, then have a hooker hook and pretrip them, and send them to the garage for repairs if needed. So you see driver we are not the BAD GUYS ALL THE TIME. So if your going to shoot your mouth off and post, post all the facts! ***** at the souce if u have the sac!

Let me tell you something. Saying you wait 2 hours for a bobtail is a bunch of bullshit and you know it! I also know that you stating you wait 3 hours for a hook is bullshit also. I work the yard at 211 and I know both of these statements to be untrue. I can tell you about numerous times when dispactchers would put drivers on a 2 hour call, then wait for them to arrive and then put their dispatch out for a hook only to realize the trailers are not cut yet. You can then wait 4 the dock to cut your trailers, send them to the yard, have a string man slap them together, then have a hooker hook and pretrip them, and send them to the garage for repairs if needed. So you see driver we are not the BAD GUYS ALL THE TIME. So if your going to shoot your mouth off and post, post all the facts! ***** at the souce if u have the sac!
I personally have waited 2.35 hours for a bob-tail that was not turned the correct way in the yard. I personally have witnessed a road man getting his ass handed to him for not waiting for the bob-tail and grabbing one out of the fuel lane. I have personally listened to dispatch calling on the radio asking the status on a hook that was put out 1.5 hours ago (man running out of time on his 14) to get a response "if you keep bothering me I will never get it done" . I do have a sac. What are you suggesting a confrontation on property? I think not. Ask most road drivers that have endured the games at 211 and you will hear the same thing. Those are the facts!!!! Not to mention after waiting having to put placards on and take to the shop for lights and a bad tire.

Last edited by a moderator:
so why does managment have you there waiting on the clock if your sets not ready . guess its the yards fault . not the guy who called you b4 your needed to be there.

i am a layed off 211 grunt and i have worked the yard many times and from first hand experiance, if you **** off one yard guy the rest seem to follow suit, so if 211 has more layoffs do to production from the yard i say good you deserve it and by the way you are replaceable.************

we never had these yard problems until the buffalo guys came down and most of them are in the yard, and to all of you lazy buffalo guys that think you should get paid just for showing up to work, take a look at what YRC did to the buffalo terminal so they could get rid of you lazy **** !!!!!!

Buy the boy's in the yard some donuts with that clock time money!
If your set is not ready what are you doing in the yard ? Safety rule in yard violation !
Mechanics pull out equipment from shop ! Safety rule in shop violation !
Dispatchers have a way with making mistakes and then everyone else should hurry up to cover their dumb mistakes. Gets real old real fast " I am sorry" famous saying Mike P @ 881 one of the dumbest I have ever known
Placards were to be put on by the person who loaded the haz mat to begin with. In a effort to speed up the process on the dock ( bill count) this process was eliminated so the hostler could do it ( hostlers are not on dock hours ) Only one problem with that, Lack of communication from dock operations.
All inbound used to go thru the shop upon arrival for safety check and repairs. Someone found they could get freight unloaded off that bad trailer faster if the shop did not fix it. Now the freight gets unloaded faster and the dock loads up the bad trailer again and it sits in the yard until the hostler or the driver takes it to the shop. You would be surprised how many drivers DO NOT check anything. That gets it down the road even faster !!

amen to the deadbeats from Buffalo. what a bunch of slugs. YRC needs to realize they are not in the 407 area any more, and that local 24 has a backbone and wont be in bed with the company. We have all been through this before and sucking up to the company is not the answer. Let them know that enough is enough and they should be glad we still show up to work everyday.

amen to the deadbeats from Buffalo. what a bunch of slugs. YRC needs to realize they are not in the 407 area any more, and that local 24 has a backbone and wont be in bed with the company. We have all been through this before and sucking up to the company is not the answer. Let them know that enough is enough and they should be glad we still show up to work everyday.

This is probably the saddest comment I have ever heard. This mentality proves all that I have said here. We road drivers lose income because the Yard wont work. The yardmen still get there 40+ hours a week and we are blessed to even have them show up!

ohh boo hoo. go shine your hillbilly cowboy boots and get back on the road. The yard does its work, you crybaby road guys think you are so high and mighty. we are all in this together. if you want to continue to be under the companys thumb then so be it. I personally prefer to have a spine.by the way, i work 7 days a week, every week. we have the best stewards in the industry. should we allow the company to harass and intimidate our stewards and teamster brothers and sisters, I think not. it all has to end somewhere. as far as you saying the 211 yard is lazy, i take offense to that, and if i am i would rather be lazy than drive around with my pants unbuckled because im too fat from sitting on my duff all day and wiping my boogers on the side of the seat that i share with my other brothers. yes that does happen.
Lets not point fingers, as a roadway employee there was no sadder day for me than finding out we were bought by yellow, what a dismal day that was. cant we all just get along??

ohh boo hoo. go shine your hillbilly cowboy boots and get back on the road. The yard does its work, you crybaby road guys think you are so high and mighty. we are all in this together. if you want to continue to be under the companys thumb then so be it. I personally prefer to have a spine.by the way, i work 7 days a week, every week.[

You mean the company is lucky enough to have YOU show up 7 days a week. No wonder they cant get anything done in the yard or laid off guys cant come back. Your right we are in this together, you just play for another team.As far as the roadway crap, when are we going to start making money. We have been running the BIG R way for 2 years and we cant make money. Maybe we should start running it the Yellow way again so maybe just maybe a profit could be made.

i am a teamster, sounds like you are a company man. thats fine, you have a choice, and you have to live with it. as far as the laid off guys go, i feel for them, but its not my fault they are laid off. its all about seniority. i payed my dues and was laid off before, its part of the process. linehaul is the real problem, along with senseless rehooks because you dont want to drive a sterling. oh right, you probably never did that before, right? thats just as wrong as anything else discussed on here. whats best for ME, right??

i am a teamster, sounds like you are a company man. thats fine, you have a choice, and you have to live with it. as far as the laid off guys go, i feel for them, but its not my fault they are laid off. its all about seniority. i payed my dues and was laid off before, its part of the process. linehaul is the real problem, along with senseless rehooks because you dont want to drive a sterling. oh right, you probably never did that before, right? thats just as wrong as anything else discussed on here. whats best for ME, right??

I am here to work. Good for you that you work 7 days a week in the yard because of your seniority. I made my statement because you made it sound like you actually care about people and laid off yardmen. LInehaul is the problem.. That is just funny. No I don't swap trucks out. I prefer the sterling as they have more power and I don't carry much gear with me. In case you don't know it we are a trucking company. The drivers and moving the freight is why you are paid in a supporting role. Your "their lucky we show up" mentality is just insane. When we road drivers start doing our own hooks and you are looking for work remember your attitude. We do your tremendously important work at customers and EOL terminals. In this latest MOU that came out more will be done by road drivers because of Teamsters like you who think they don't pay you to work. Just the mere fact you show up should just be enough..

ohh boo hoo. go shine your hillbilly cowboy boots and get back on the road. The yard does its work, you crybaby road guys think you are so high and mighty. we are all in this together. if you want to continue to be under the companys thumb then so be it. I personally prefer to have a spine.by the way, i work 7 days a week, every week.[

You mean the company is lucky enough to have YOU show up 7 days a week. No wonder they cant get anything done in the yard or laid off guys cant come back. Your right we are in this together, you just play for another team.As far as the roadway crap, when are we going to start making money. We have been running the BIG R way for 2 years and we cant make money. Maybe we should start running it the Yellow way again so maybe just maybe a profit could be made.

profit is not in the yellow vocabulary. its all about "credit". who will lend us our next nickel to buy what we cant afford. it is mismanaged and overmanaged,especially when some teamsters want to be managers. iif the big r had been left alone, yellow would be belly up in the gutter and roadway would have more freight than it could handle.period

maybe we can all go north for the "cleveland practice" and i can take your road job. i am , after all , a qualified and drug free yard/combo driver which is more than what i can say for the yard workers from the former rfo and cve facilities.ever wonder why they stayed on the dock?? i didnt. hugs and kisses,brother.

profit is not in the yellow vocabulary. its all about "credit". who will lend us our next nickel to buy what we cant afford. it is mismanaged and overmanaged,especially when some teamsters want to be managers. iif the big r had been left alone, yellow would be belly up in the gutter and roadway would have more freight than it could handle.period

Sure.. You believe that ferry tale. Yellow made money for years and lost money once we bought roadway and started running it the BIG R way. Facts are a terrible thing. What makes you think you out seniority me Brother. I would love to move back to a terminal were seniority counts and not the screwed up Copley work rules. So all people that came from yellow are on drugs and hiding on the dock? Funny they give randoms on the dock also genius. I think you can keep your hugs and kisses to yourself, I don't like you much.

not sure what world youre from either, but the dock does NOT do randoms. You obviously dont know all the facets of the operation, mr road guy. Perhaps you should ask one of the "burners" and ask them their take on that. At least copley work rules were tweaked by the members, and we didnt just bend over and let the company have their way with us. If i happen to get your hook tomorrow i will do my best to do it in a timely manner and one that suits you.That really hurts, that you dont like me much. I thought we had a real friendship going. go back to 407 and their miserable existence......
Sure.. You believe that ferry tale. Yellow made money for years and lost money once we bought roadway and started running it the BIG R way. Facts are a terrible thing. What makes you think you out seniority me Brother. I would love to move back to a terminal were seniority counts and not the screwed up Copley work rules. So all people that came from yellow are on drugs and hiding on the dock? Funny they give randoms on the dock also genius. I think you can keep your hugs and kisses to yourself, I don't like you much.

Yellow managers were the good guys..prob with that is good guys come in last
hence, they do it Big R way

not sure what world youre from either, but the dock does NOT do randoms. You obviously dont know all the facets of the operation, mr road guy. Perhaps you should ask one of the "burners" and ask them their take on that. At least copley work rules were tweaked by the members, and we didnt just bend over and let the company have their way with us. That really hurts, that you dont like me much. I thought we had a real friendship going. go back to 407 and their miserable existence......

I was in the office last week while they were giving randoms to the dock guys! Better check this out brother (you are wrong).. Copley work rules on the road at least are the worst in the system. Bids have no second bed protection. Extra board has no seniority..If you tweaked these rules you must be smoking the crap that you think all yellow boys are. I had many profitable good years up in 407. No one was miserable up there. The misery index started when we all joined hands. We have no friendship....Now go away and sleep in a truck somewhere in the yard dreaming of your next break!