Yellow | Steward fired at 211 ( AKRON )

Well here we go again. Hot off the press: Roadway steward is coming back to work tonight. Maybe sticking together for your rights does work. Just a thought. I understand you being from 407 you wouldnt know what that is all about, as you were under the leadership of a bunch of yes-men. Nuff said.....

Your right ohh great one. 407 in its history never had anyone return to work after being fired. Only a great roadway local can accomplish such a feat.. Perhaps you can pass this wisdom on to the other yellow locals and they to can get men back to work. Thank you oh Big R profit!

well it seems you have missed the point, yellow belly. At least you now know where you stand.

What might that point be? That your a narcissist who thinks that getting a job back from a company that is union is a great accomplishment? I know that in your world your the best but your really nothing special in the big scheme of things.....Yellow belly how funny.. You should take your act to the comedy clubs.....

Your correct you did not.. However the point of my post was to address you and the other 3 people that wish to debate what I say. I don't need medications, I need to quit arguing on this site....Please refer to the previous encounters I have had with the elite Big R contingent of YRC. I would like to point out however that I feel invigorated that I am now drinking the kool-aid....I now get it....Yellow bad Roadway good...
No Yellow good Roadway good YRC VERY BAD.

So under your logic.. I can go buy a very valuable property with no money or prospect of money for the property. I can go and buy up my competition and not have any money and a proven track record of being insolvent? I want to get a loan from the bank that you work at... The only flaw in your logic is the FACT the Yellow bought Roadway, Yellow assets backed the sale! I love how this whole thread turned into Yellow against Roadway. I am sick to death of you Roadway legacy guys pumping your chest out like somehow you are superior in some way. OK I give!!!!! Roadway is the best ever... You guys work the dock the Best.... Your yard guys are the best.... YRC is not running under the roadway system and its only because of those yellow guys we haven't made money.. I get it.. Yellow was a small **** ant company never making any money and just happened to get some crazy bank to lend 1.1 billion to it for roadway... I understand that Yellow guys are far inferior to your massive talents at roadway and it is only because we (the yellow legacy guys) cave into management and do everything they ask that we have problems....I get it.......Thank you for being you Ex-roadway guy. I am awe and shake at your presence.. I only aspire someday to have the vast wisdom and fortitude of all you Big R guys. I will now hang my head in shame and retreat under the rock I climbed out of. The balls I have as an ex-yellow guy to even address a yard issue at 211 where I work. I should just understand that the BIG R biys have it under control and just stand down....Thank you

I'm glad your finally starting to see that roadway was a much better company than yellow.after speaking with a individual who works at corporate , they told me the biggest difference between yellow and roadway is roadway would fix a problem as soon as they discovered it , while yellow would fix it on the back end , after it became a much bigger one.You don't have a clue what really is going on other than driving a truck.When we went down to rfo/ cve after the merge . roadway guys were horrified by how bad the freight was loaded, and what a PIG PEN THE TERMINALS WERE . NO WONDER THEY REPORTED OVER 90 INJURIES IN THE YEAR PRYOR.. i never seen so much garbage under trailers including freight.yellow guys were untrained robots who destroyed freight on a regular basis.I could have loaded them better with a front loader.LOCAL 407 WAS A JOKE.The company literally walked all over the contract and the teamsters. did you ever wonder why ROADWAY STEWARDS WON LANDSLIDE ELECTIONS ONLY MONTHS AFTER WE GOT THERE AND WE WERE OUT NUMBERED?I personally witnessed yard guys drinking and smoking pot in thier truck, because they didn't get drug tested.Its unfortunate some people like yourself have to suffer because of the actions of yellow managers.get used to it because unless yellows gestapo management team changes there going to continue to get screwed on a daily basis.

vedder, couldnt have said it better myself.

Its good to know im not the only one who sees the big picture, a true brother u are!!!

i'm glad your finally starting to see that roadway was a much better company than yellow.after speaking with a individual who works at corporate , they told me the biggest difference between yellow and roadway is roadway would fix a problem as soon as they discovered it , while yellow would fix it on the back end , after it became a much bigger one.you don't have a clue what really is going on other than driving a truck.when we went down to rfo/ cve after the merge . Roadway guys were horrified by how bad the freight was loaded, and what a pig pen the terminals were . No wonder they reported over 90 injuries in the year pryor.. I never seen so much garbage under trailers including freight.yellow guys were untrained robots who destroyed freight on a regular basis.i could have loaded them better with a front loader.local 407 was a joke.the company literally walked all over the contract and the teamsters. Did you ever wonder why roadway stewards won landslide elections only months after we got there and we were out numbered?i personally witnessed yard guys drinking and smoking pot in thier truck, because they didn't get drug tested.its unfortunate some people like yourself have to suffer because of the actions of yellow managers.get used to it because unless yellows gestapo management team changes there going to continue to get screwed on a daily basis.

Closed us, from a term built from scratch in '91 where you could eat off the floor,always clean(PRIDE) and made money, had barbacues for customers to see operation, to a dump you can't back barn doors side by side,potholes,and toilets always backed up!

Apoligize

This whole thread has goten WAY off topic. tom3901 I won't put words in the mouthes of others but I did not intend to insult ANYONE. That s funny....You surely cant believe this. You actually believe Yellow legacy guys don't stand up for their contractual rights? Wow what kool-aid well are you drinking from. So much bitterness.....Resistance is the grievance procedure and getting paid. Pouting and working slow plays into the hands of those that stereotype union workers. I am sure that as an alternate steward you know that the IBT does not permit work slow downs and that they hurt future negotiations. A paper trail and smart teamsters get better contracts... Earlier in this thread I posted this:Leave the politics to those who get paid for that and just do the job you were hired to do. Roadway people do not have a monoply on integrity and neither do Yellow people.

This whole thread has goten WAY off topic. tom3901 I won't put words in the mouthes of others but I did not intend to insult ANYONE. That s funny....You surely cant believe this. You actually believe Yellow legacy guys don't stand up for their contractual rights? Wow what kool-aid well are you drinking from. So much bitterness.....Resistance is the grievance procedure and getting paid. Pouting and working slow plays into the hands of those that stereotype union workers. I am sure that as an alternate steward you know that the IBT does not permit work slow downs and that they hurt future negotiations. A paper trail and smart teamsters get better contracts... Earlier in this thread I posted this:Leave the politics to those who get paid for that and just do the job you were hired to do. Roadway people do not have a monoply on integrity and neither do Yellow people.

You know...On this note I will leave this argument or debate behind. Well said.

Roadway people do not have a monoply on integrity and neither do Yellow people.[/QUOTE]

I'm glad your finally starting to see that roadway was a much better company than yellow.after speaking with a individual who works at corporate , they told me the biggest difference between yellow and roadway is roadway would fix a problem as soon as they discovered it , while yellow would fix it on the back end , after it became a much bigger one.You don't have a clue what really is going on other than driving a truck.When we went down to rfo/ cve after the merge . roadway guys were horrified by how bad the freight was loaded, and what a PIG PEN THE TERMINALS WERE . NO WONDER THEY REPORTED OVER 90 INJURIES IN THE YEAR PRYOR.. i never seen so much garbage under trailers including freight.yellow guys were untrained robots who destroyed freight on a regular basis.I could have loaded them better with a front loader.LOCAL 407 WAS A JOKE.The company literally walked all over the contract and the teamsters. did you ever wonder why ROADWAY STEWARDS WON LANDSLIDE ELECTIONS ONLY MONTHS AFTER WE GOT THERE AND WE WERE OUT NUMBERED?I personally witnessed yard guys drinking and smoking pot in thier truck, because they didn't get drug tested.Its unfortunate some people like yourself have to suffer because of the actions of yellow managers.get used to it because unless yellows gestapo management team changes there going to continue to get screwed on a daily basis.

Was not this way on the road side of the equation!!

I'll go with Tom3901 on this. Former CVE/current 211 linehaul staff/management ranks among the best company-wide IMO. I think I have a valid opinion, since I have worked at or through terminals from CT to NM. They try to only be as abrasive or disagreeable as fulfilling the companies mission and their positions require. Though I might prefer to avoid a few of them in a pinch, I would certainly do everything in my power to cover them in a pinch. Most rate 10/10, though a few are 9/10 in my book. I can easily rate some staff elsewhere as 5/10.

fired at abf albany

just so all you guys know,you can be fired for working to slow even without proof of theft of time as long as the union teamster panel allows it to happen.this happened to me 1 month ago at abf albany local 294.just cause they did not want problems with the company.and for those who think there must be more to the story,there is not ,i was fired by a teamster panel for working safely and to the best of my ability.so be careful whe you are working safely

not sure what world youre from either, but the dock does NOT do randoms. You obviously dont know all the facets of the operation, mr road guy. Perhaps you should ask one of the "burners" and ask them their take on that. At least copley work rules were tweaked by the members, and we didnt just bend over and let the company have their way with us. That really hurts, that you dont like me much. I thought we had a real friendship going. go back to 407 and their miserable existence......

I was in the office last week while they were giving randoms to the dock guys! Better check this out brother (you are wrong).. Copley work rules on the road at least are the worst in the system. Bids have no second bed protection. Extra board has no seniority..If you tweaked these rules you must be smoking the crap that you think all yellow boys are. I had many profitable good years up in 407. No one was miserable up there. The misery index started when we all joined hands. We have no friendship....Now go away and sleep in a truck somewhere in the yard dreaming of your next break

Sorry, but the only way there was random tests for dock guys is if they have a cdl. Not enough shifts even in the 211 yard for all of the cdl employees on the active local cartage seniority list.

Once again with the sack thing, is this a yard thing? I have 17.5 years seniority is this not enough to have an opinion, or am I just bitter because I point out the obvious. Complaints have been made to stewards because our extra board does not get out especially on weekends because of hook issues. We on the road get a daily update and sometimes we hear that they cant get things hook, so the freight is going to sit. Lets see, we are not Roadway but; we use there computer system, payroll rules, dispatch numbers, all paperwork has roadway on it. We go to rail yards and we are Roadway there. All gloves and hats given to people in the shop have Roadway on it. The shop repairs trucks the BIG R way now also...Why or how could I possibly think we turned into Roadway. Let me educate you about Yellow, We made money. They actually cared about on time freight. Exact Express shipments were better then 96%. I am not sure about the damage as you say because I work the Road side. I am surprised they segregate "stackers " because of heritage company. Once again if Yellow was so horrible and unable to make money why were they able to buy Roadway and all the JUNK equipment?You need to let go of this superior attitude you have, Big R is not that great as Yellow was not that great. We have been doing things the Big R way for a couple of years now and we are on the edge of extinction. I understand your loyalty to your heritage company, but maybe we should start looking for another way. A side note: If i am MISTAKEN ON THE DOCK RANDOM I AM SORRY FOR GODS SAKE. I WAS WITH THE LINE HAUL SECRETARY AND SHE SAID THEY WERE SWAMPED BACK THERE WITH YARD RANDOM P-TESTS.....Now quit talking about peoples sacks in the yard. People will start getting the wrong idea about you guys....[/QUOTE

Please tell me Tom3901 with 17.5 years service that you did not just say they were swamped back there with YARD random p-tests? I thought you said Dock?

ever wonder why they say the best rumors come from the road driver?

Any Employee Driver Qualified on the company driver list is random tested, with the current events there may be some working dock only bids, yard bids that will get the test, they may also work along side a dock only non driver who does not get tested.

Any Employee Driver Qualified on the company driver list is random tested, with the current events there may be some working dock only bids, yard bids that will get the test, they may also work along side a dock only non driver who does not get tested.
Good Point! Thats probably the issue.