TForce | Stewards

interm Steward here in CIN. filed two greivances on Mon for past discharges that were still in their "peer" review process.

if 4 X 10 come our way I believe we will file immediately.
Our B.A. indicated to me....
The company will test the language of this contract as much as possible, UPS is known for this, trying to turn it toward their benefit....the grieveances we file will set a new standard that will set a case history so to speak....just keep that in mind

We're very lucky...the BA we got assigned is also the UPS package BA has been for awhile and a 20 yr UPS employee. Knows all about UPS

For us not familar with union teminology, what are 4x10s and such?

4 ten hours shifts instead of 5 eight hour shifts. Our yard has been using them since Jan. and they are trying to tell us that it will be considered past practice and that we will have overtime after 40 because of it. We are going to wait until the first paycheck and then if things are not correct then talk to union. We dont have any temp. stewards yet. Our tm said that the 4 tens were temporary, we have been trying to find out what temporary means 4 monthes later.

4 ten hours shifts instead of 5 eight hour shifts. Our yard has been using them since Jan. and they are trying to tell us that it will be considered past practice and that we will have overtime after 40 because of it. We are going to wait until the first paycheck and then if things are not correct then talk to union. We dont have any temp. stewards yet. Our tm said that the 4 tens were temporary, we have been trying to find out what temporary means 4 monthes later.

Call the Hall, the Contract specifically states OT after eight. Give them no quarter!!! :chairshot:

Did all the terminals get temp stewards and in a month or 2 we will vote them in?

That is what happened at my barn. We have two people who one worked for CF and the other worked for UPS. The Local union appointed them because they have worked with the UPS and NMFA contract in the past. They both know and understand the contract. I wast told after they get the regional supplements done, the seniority list posted for 14 days and the routes bid we would have a steward election.

The contract is very clear, overtime after 8, Who would not want to work 4 x 10's a 3 day weekend and 8 hours of ot.
960.30 a week that is $50k a year for 40 hours week. And you want to file a grievance?

Call the Hall, the Contract specifically states OT after eight. Give them no quarter!!! :chairshot:

Again, we are going to call the hall next Thursday if we are not paid properly. Remember, if they make a mistake on payroll of over $20.00 they have to correct it by the next business day.

Guy's please follow grivance protacal first talk with your steward first the give him two days to straighten it out if he dosen't he will take it up with the Ba then so on

The contract is very clear, overtime after 8, Who would not want to work 4 x 10's a 3 day weekend and 8 hours of ot.
960.30 a week that is $50k a year for 40 hours week. And you want to file a grievance?

"Overnite", that's exactly what I was thinking! :1036316054:

Hey, what about this: 6th. punch opportunities on two day's rather then one

(6th. punches for your 5th. and 6th. day's!)

With vacations coming up... This will definitely be a viable option!

Guy's please follow grivance protacal first talk with your steward first the give him two days to straighten it out if he dosen't he will take it up with the Ba then so on

I think this message was lost in translation somewhere!

Let me help you out... That's what we do now... "We help each other out!"... TEAMSTERS

There's an important message here for those that don't necessarily understand how the process usually works...

"CHAIN OF COMMAND!"

Recognize It!... Respect It!

Your BA's want to deal with your stewards!

Everyone and that means everyone must follow the contract as it pertains to the grievance procedure. Timelines are very important. They can make or break a case.

Make sure the steward has been notified in writing of any alleged violation within 5 days. The steward shall report matter to the Terminal Manager before the grievance is filed but within 2 days. Failing settlement, file the grievance and the Union shall attempt to resolve matter within 5 days. Then failing settlement the union shall submit in writing to the UPSFJGP within 10 days.

Not following any step could make the grievance null and void. At this point that is the last thing anyone wants to see happen.

The 4 X 10 issue is going to be a huge deal and everyone needs to be on board and show the company that the bargaing unit is one unit, solid. Get the grievances in so that noone is left behind.

O, I've worked a 4-10 with Friday, Saturday and Sunday off. That was fantastic. I also worked a 4-10 with the weekend off and a split week with Wednesday off. Some people didn't like it, but I did. It was like having two weekends. But you don't get paid OT for the extra two hours each day, it is all straight time.

The contract is very clear, overtime after 8

It is clear in more ways than one. The entire contract is written around an 8 hour day. Look at the vacation article. It says people will get 5 days of vacation for 1 year of service. Not 40 hours. If there are 4 X 10 bids that would mean they would get 5 days or 50 hours of vacation per year. This is just one example of the many details in this contract that spell out a 5 X 8 workweek rather than a 4 X 10 workweek, other than the stated obvious.

No, sorry. I worked with Duane at Yellow. He also used to be my BA. He is a good man, very knowledgeable and dedicated.

good to here that I will be at the meeting this sunday. im sure I know you if i saw ya ive been with motorcargo for over 10 yrs. im sure we will keep Duane bussy.

O, I've worked a 4-10 with Friday, Saturday and Sunday off. That was fantastic. I also worked a 4-10 with the weekend off and a split week with Wednesday off. Some people didn't like it, but I did. It was like having two weekends. But you don't get paid OT for the extra two hours each day, it is all straight time.

I worked the 10 hr bid as we call them to perfection, especially with the friday-sunday day off schedule. Worked it like a charm especially with the monday holidays. Got to remember that if you mark off with a vacation day you are paid ona 10hr rate and not 8 as they try to do.

Its a good bid to have if you got alot of appts you can set your schedule. Also if they
do offer you work and bring you in which they will do alot it is all O/T:1036316054:

I worked the 10 hr bid as we call them to perfection, especially with the friday-sunday day off schedule. Worked it like a charm especially with the monday holidays. Got to remember that if you mark off with a vacation day you are paid ona 10hr rate and not 8 as they try to do.

Its a good bid to have if you got alot of appts you can set your schedule. Also if they
do offer you work and bring you in which they will do alot it is all O/T:1036316054:

You're so right. I didn't even mention that last part. I didn't want to get into too much detail. But indeed it is a great shift if you want to work that fifth day.

There is no such thing as a "lock" when it comes to grievances. A bad presentation or not having all the information can make a great case into a loser.

Does anybody have issues with the company trying to say that 4X10 schedules are ok? The whole contract is written for 5X8's not 4X10's. The company is trying to say that they will use 4x10's. Anybody else going to file a grievance over this?

Hey Fem
Won My "lock" this am. When Rocketmann sez lock he means lock. No Greivance needed.
Let me know if you need any pointers on all that stuff you rappped about regarding info presentation, etc. Rocketmann don't file no junk!!!!!!!!!!:smilie_132: