TForce | Teamsters Committee Exchanges Proposals for New National Agreement

In 1980 democrat senator Edward Kennedy(who was seeking revenge against the teamsters union) help sponsor trucking deregulation.
The union leadership at that time were idiots, and they just let all the companies that they had unionized close one by one. Instead of being proactive and adjusting to the new unregulated environment. Guys like frank Fitzsimmons and Jackie presser were not respected by the members and they couldn't make any changes.
Plus the fear of unionization keeps the non union company's on their toes, so they must keep wages, benefits, and working conditions at a high level.
The truth is, the unions usefulness had run its course in history and was a boat anchor rather than a life vest. Yellow is on life support, their debt load and inability to pay it back, their continued quarterly losses, their shedding of 25% of their bill count plus teamster antagonism towards a business plan that will truly cut costs is going to take them down. Their future will be nothing but another sad memory in the union boneyard. TForce Freight appears headed that same direction with the moronic Canadian chuckwagon Bedard not having a clue as to what he is doing. Cutting service coverage across the lower 48 states is going to shed way more than the 18% loss of market share from last year. ABF will likely be the only unionized LTL carrier left in ten or fewer years.. This loss of union jobs will yet again require the feds to give the pension funds another taxpayer funded bailout as they did with the Central States Fund last year.

The truth is, the unions usefulness had run its course in history and was a boat anchor rather than a life vest. Yellow is on life support, their debt load and inability to pay it back, their continued quarterly losses, their shedding of 25% of their bill count plus teamster antagonism towards a business plan that will truly cut costs is going to take them down. Their future will be nothing but another sad memory in the union boneyard. TForce Freight appears headed that same direction with the moronic Canadian chuckwagon Bedard not having a clue as to what he is doing. Cutting service coverage across the lower 48 states is going to shed way more than the 18% loss of market share from last year. ABF will likely be the only unionized LTL carrier left in ten or fewer years.. This loss of union jobs will yet again require the feds to give the pension funds another taxpayer funded bailout as they did with the Central States Fund last year.
Yrc has been going out of business for 15 years.
Everything TFI said they were gonna do, they are doing. It is only the old UPS management that are the problem.
They will never change, it is a cancer that can only be removed to save the patient.
From what I am seeing, that process has begun.
Market share isn't worth ::shit::, if you are losing money. That 18% were money losers. Now some other ltl company is losing on them, until they move to the next one.

Yrc has been going out of business for 15 years.
Everything TFI said they were gonna do, they are doing. It is only the old UPS management that are the problem.
They will never change, it is a cancer that can only be removed to save the patient.
From what I am seeing, that process has begun.
Market share isn't worth ::::shit::::, if you are losing money. That 18% were money losers. Now some other ltl company is losing on them, until they move to the next one.
" Market share isn't worth ::::shit::::, if you are losing money. That 18% were money losers. Now some other ltl company is losing on them, until they move to the next one." .

Tell me what carrier "cut" their way to prosperity? There never has been one. BTW, when TForce shed this business it went to other carriers at higher rates, profitable rates. Fact is, TForce along with Yellow and ABF are the highest cost carriers in the market because of their "boat anchor" benefit packages. Competitors can haul freight at the same rate as these three carriers but their profit margins are far higher because of their lower cost structure. That is exactly why market share for union run trucking companies has gone from 83% to 17% in the past 50 years. Bedard doesn't have a freaking clue how to operate a US based market carrier. If you think the only problem left at TForce is the leftover UPS employee baggage , you don't know jack$hit. I spent my last 5 plus years working for this company before I called it a day after 40 years. They operate an antiquated hub and spoke line haul right out of the 1960's because they are hamstrung with costly union work rules. Bad management, clueless ownership along with a hostile union is what's hurting this company.

" Market share isn't worth ::::::shit::::::, if you are losing money. That 18% were money losers. Now some other ltl company is losing on them, until they move to the next one." .

Tell me what carrier "cut" their way to prosperity? There never has been one. BTW, when TForce shed this business it went to other carriers at higher rates, profitable rates. Fact is, TForce along with Yellow and ABF are the highest cost carriers in the market because of their "boat anchor" benefit packages. Competitors can haul freight at the same rate as these three carriers but their profit margins are far higher because of their lower cost structure. That is exactly why market share for union run trucking companies has gone from 83% to 17% in the past 50 years. Bedard doesn't have a freaking clue how to operate a US based market carrier. If you think the only problem left at TForce is the leftover UPS employee baggage , you don't know jack$hit. I spent my last 5 plus years working for this company before I called it a day after 40 years. They operate an antiquated hub and spoke line haul right out of the 1960's because they are hamstrung with costly union work rules. Bad management, clueless ownership along with a hostile union is what's hurting this company.
If you hate it so bad, then why do you keep posting here? We all get it “ you hate the union!”

You posting all the time can’t be good for you!
You should take your own advice and move on from the T-force page! Plenty of other carriers on this website that probably hate the union also! Go make new friends!

Have the day you deserve!

If you hate it so bad, then why do you keep posting here? We all get it “ you hate the union!”

You posting all the time can’t be good for you!
You should take your own advice and move on from the T-force page! Plenty of other carriers on this website that probably hate the union also! Go make new friends!

Have the day you deserve!
I don't hate the union workers, most of the drivers I got to know over my near 40 years were hard working guys ( few gals) that wanted the best for themselves, their families and their customers. I do dislike the teamster mentality driven by the top down that creates toxic attitudes and class warfare within companies. Early in my career I worked for Transcon, Smiths and ANR and all three of them went to the union boneyard. Then spent 20 years at an inter regional non union company where I got to see real teamwork between dock/drivers and management/ownership. It was a family run company that treated everyone with respect and dignity. When I finished out my remaining years at TForce/UPS Freight it was back into a very dark and dismal work culture which frankly didn't have to be that way. I blame management for that dismal work culture more than the union but it takes two to tango as they say. I always respected and appreciated the drivers and dock workers and made sure to thank them on a regular basis. I wouldn't have had a job if not for them.

" Market share isn't worth ::::::shit::::::, if you are losing money. That 18% were money losers. Now some other ltl company is losing on them, until they move to the next one." .

Lmao, 🤣😅😅
Such a bitter little person you are.

Ok, Right to Work is a crock. Let's get that out there right now Blade. The companies always have the massive hammer and always will. The Union is the only protection employees have. Right now in this great country of ours, there are company TMs etc.who are telling all the young guys coming into this racket how lucky they are to live and work in a Right to Work state. Be still my F. Ing heart. Because said young folks have no idea of the history of our country, because it hasn't been taught for a while they think they are in tall cotton, what a break! Two faced lying scum is what's running these companies, God help us.
Sounds like you need to start your own business, my guess is you;d be a great employer......

Ok, Right to Work is a crock. Let's get that out there right now Blade. The companies always have the massive hammer and always will. The Union is the only protection employees have. Right now in this great country of ours, there are company TMs etc.who are telling all the young guys coming into this racket how lucky they are to live and work in a Right to Work state. Be still my F. Ing heart. Because said young folks have no idea of the history of our country, because it hasn't been taught for a while they think they are in tall cotton, what a break! Two faced lying scum is what's running these companies, God help us.
RTW has nothing to do with organizing, collective bargaining or any provisions of a labor agreement. All those things are protected by federal law, The Labor Relations Act of 1935.

The bidding process will determine what you do each day.
Road drivers dropping, hooking and stringing sets at VIA TERMINALS should be a no brainer.
I retired in 2004. The Teamsters freight division is a shell of what it was 19 years ago. It's a proven fact in every industry processes, procedures and daily operations must change over time or companies fail. During my Teamster years, there were 500,000 freight members, more than 5 times the number now. Stick your head in the sand, demand more compensation, free healthcare and lifelong pensions and watch your companies die. Those companies that can't compete and employees that refuse to accept change will be left behind.
You like to comment on my pensions. The real problem is the employee that never plans for a day when the pensions are gone. My pensions are $3,500 a month. Do the math. $42,000 a year. September 1 is my retirement date. After my August 2023 checks arrive, I will have collected $798,000. Million dollar pensions for everyone were never going to be sustainable.
The federal bailout should never have happened. The working taxpayer making $20.00 an hour is now funding $20.00 an hour pensions for Teamsters. Nothing could be more wrong.
you nailed it. Life long freight guy who never had a pension here. Was never afraid of "right to work" because I busted my @ss and was always a top performer. Worked for three union carriers that went down in flames ( Transcon, Ryder PIE and ANRAdvance). Yellow will be gone in three years unless the teamsters work with them. Quite likely ABF will be the last man standing in the next ten years,but by then, the teamster pension funds will be headed for liquidation and termination.

you nailed it. Life long freight guy who never had a pension here. Was never afraid of "right to work" because I busted my @ss and was always a top performer. Worked for three union carriers that went down in flames ( Transcon, Ryder PIE and ANRAdvance). Yellow will be gone in three years unless the teamsters work with them. Quite likely ABF will be the last man standing in the next ten years,but by then, the teamster pension funds will be headed for liquidation and termination.
someone is full of doom and gloom

How much in bailouts do the feds give to citizens that don't even work, or residents that aren't even citizens? Where does the fed get it's money?

How much in bailouts do the feds give to citizens that don't even work, or residents that aren't even citizens? Where does the fed get it's money?
It prints it. That is why inflation is out of control. Bailing out banks, General Motors, Yellow, pension funds and the Italian company Fiat-Chrysler by printing money raises prices and hurts the poor more than anyone else. That makes people more dependent on government. This is the Democrats game plan.

It prints it. That is why inflation is out of control. Bailing out banks, General Motors, Yellow, pension funds and the Italian company Fiat-Chrysler by printing money raises prices and hurts the poor more than anyone else. That makes people more dependent on government. This is the Democrats game plan.
My point was that the workers pay taxes, I pay a :shit:load, and the workers should be the last to blame when they get a bailout (which is actually only returning a portion of their paid taxes in many situation.)

Daily dose of bitterness. You must be a blast to be around.