Yellow | Teamsters Endorse Obama 2012

The way I see it is, the Republicans help corporations in their efforts to pay the middle class as little as possible and the Democrats do the best they can to take what little we make away from us so they can give it to the non-productive members of society. Pick your poison.

Who else CAN we endorse... no brainer here.... considering the GOP will come right out and say that they want to do away with labor unions ... listen to them talk... THEY WANT TO DO AWAY WITH UNIONS..PERIOD!! THEY HAVE MADE NO BONES ABOUT IT. At least you have to give them credit for being honest. Damm, how clear can it be?? The GOP does not want a minimum wage, overtime pay, pensions, etc, etc. As much as I don't love Obama, I dislike the GOP even more. Why on earth would a member of a labor union vote for Romney?? or any GOP candidate? In my opinion, i'll vote my living/wallet...not guns, god, or anything else. Being a teamster for 25 yrs. has fed my family & given us a good quality of life, good medical insurance, pension (hopefully), etc.
OBAMA 2012..period!

Who else CAN we endorse... no brainer here.... considering the GOP will come right out and say that they want to do away with labor unions ... listen to them talk... THEY WANT TO DO AWAY WITH UNIONS..PERIOD!! THEY HAVE MADE NO BONES ABOUT IT. At least you have to give them credit for being honest. Damm, how clear can it be?? The GOP does not want a minimum wage, overtime pay, pensions, etc, etc. As much as I don't love Obama, I dislike the GOP even more. Why on earth would a member of a labor union vote for Romney?? or any GOP candidate? In my opinion, i'll vote my living/wallet...not guns, god, or anything else. Being a teamster for 25 yrs. has fed my family & given us a good quality of life, good medical insurance, pension (hopefully), etc.
OBAMA 2012..period!

I'd really love to see some documentation/proof of where the GOP wants to do away with unions as an official position of the party. I think you're blowing smoke here.

The GOP may possibly be against PUBLIC sector unions, just as Franklin Roosevelt (staunch Democrat) and George Meany (early union official) had been. Read the following from the New York Times:

“It is impossible to bargain collectively with the government.”

That wasn’t Newt Gingrich, or Ron Paul, or Ronald Reagan talking. That was George Meany -- the former president of the A.F.L.-C.I.O -- in 1955. Government unions are unremarkable today, but the labor movement once thought the idea absurd.

The founders of the labor movement viewed unions as a vehicle to get workers more of the profits they help create. Government workers, however, don’t generate profits. They merely negotiate for more tax money. When government unions strike, they strike against taxpayers. F.D.R. considered this “unthinkable and intolerable.”

Government collective bargaining means voters do not have the final say on public policy. Instead their elected representatives must negotiate spending and policy decisions with unions. That is not exactly democratic – a fact that unions once recognized.

George Meany was not alone. Up through the 1950s, unions widely agreed that collective bargaining had no place in government. But starting with Wisconsin in 1959, states began to allow collective bargaining in government. The influx of dues and members quickly changed the union movement’s tune, and collective bargaining in government is now widespread. As a result unions can now insist on laws that serve their interests – at the expense of the common good.

F.D.R. Warned Us About Public Sector Unions - Room for Debate - NYTimes.com

So are you saying the GOP is FOR organized labor? How bout' giving me some examples of how they support Unions? Don't separate private and public sector unions.. let's see, the Great Gov. of Wisconsin (scott walker) hmm ... no he's not really pro labor. maybe the Gov. of Indiana? no.. he's not a real good example either. Umm, maybe the Gov. of Ohio? nope, not exactly pro labor and he got spanked when his anti-labor legislation backfired on him...just as Gov. Walker when he gets re-called . Common link between these guys? yep, they are ALL for right to work....FOR LESS! Look at the entire south... Low wage/benefits and poor working conditions. I don't know about you, but I don't want Alabama to be the model for how working folks should be treated. The GOP has no use for organized labor. Hey, that's their stance.. they know who gets them elected... and it's NOT Labor. they will side with corporate interests every time and that's their choice, I have no problem with that. I, however, will stand with the lefties.. I vote my wallet.. not God, Guns, Immigration, or Abortion. simple as that. I am assuming you are a Republican, Libertarian, or Ind. either way, your choice. none of my business. thank godness I work for a unionized co. as my dad & Grandad did. 5 more yrs. & I'm done :)

I can give you MANY examples of companies in my own town that have left because of Unions....good companies. They took 3,000 union jobs and put them in Mexico (where they appreciate a job). I'm sick of losing jobs to other countries because of unions. And I feel sorry for you if you're not seeking God in making your decision on how to vote; OR for that matter anything else. If He's not first in your life, all the Unions in the world will not help you when you stand before him (and spout off 'your rights' to this or that). As for me and my house, We will serve the Lord.

So are you saying the GOP is FOR organized labor? How bout' giving me some examples of how they support Unions? Don't separate private and public sector unions.. let's see, the Great Gov. of Wisconsin (scott walker) hmm ... no he's not really pro labor. maybe the Gov. of Indiana? no.. he's not a real good example either. Umm, maybe the Gov. of Ohio? nope, not exactly pro labor and he got spanked when his anti-labor legislation backfired on him...just as Gov. Walker when he gets re-called . Common link between these guys? yep, they are ALL for right to work....FOR LESS! Look at the entire south... Low wage/benefits and poor working conditions. I don't know about you, but I don't want Alabama to be the model for how working folks should be treated. The GOP has no use for organized labor. Hey, that's their stance.. they know who gets them elected... and it's NOT Labor. they will side with corporate interests every time and that's their choice, I have no problem with that. I, however, will stand with the lefties.. I vote my wallet.. not God, Guns, Immigration, or Abortion. simple as that. I am assuming you are a Republican, Libertarian, or Ind. either way, your choice. none of my business. thank godness I work for a unionized co. as my dad & Grandad did. 5 more yrs. & I'm done :)

You used a lot of words here but never responded to the first sentence of my response to you (which I'll repeat here):

I'd really love to see some documentation/proof of where the GOP wants to do away with unions as an official position of the party.

Is that the typical Democrat way?? :banana:

So are you saying the GOP is FOR organized labor? How bout' giving me some examples of how they support Unions? Don't separate private and public sector unions.. let's see, the Great Gov. of Wisconsin (scott walker) hmm ... no he's not really pro labor. maybe the Gov. of Indiana? no.. he's not a real good example either. Umm, maybe the Gov. of Ohio? nope, not exactly pro labor and he got spanked when his anti-labor legislation backfired on him...just das Gov. Walker when he gets re-called . Common link between these guys? yep, they are ALL for right to work....FOR LESS! Look at the entire south... Low wage/benefits and poor working conditions. I don't know about you, but I don't want Alabama to be the model for how working folks should be treated. The GOP has no use for organized labor. Hey, that's their stance.. they know who gets them elected... and it's NOT Labor. they will side with corporate interests every time and that's their choice, I have no problem with that. I, however, will stand with the lefties.. I vote my wallet.. not God, Guns, Immigration, or Abortion. simple as that. I am assuming you are a Republican, Libertarian, or Ind. either way, your choice. none of my business. thank godness I work for a unionized co. as my dad & Grandad did. 5 more yrs. & I'm done :)
While it may be true that some members of the GOP are anti-union, what makes you think the Dems are pro union? Dems only suport unions for our money. Most are just as anti labor, but won't say so.

O.K. I will give you a few examples since you insist.. Waste of time, but here ya go:

as far as I know, these few examples are Democrat sponsored bills. correct me if I'm wrong..no problem.

[h=4]Fair Labor Standards Act[/h]Under President Roosevelt, this law established a national minimum wage, guaranteed "time-and–a-half" for overtime in certain jobs, and prohibited oppressive child labor. It was met with significant opposition by the Republican Party but signed into law by FDR.

EMPLOYEE FREE CHOICE ACT:
The Employee Free Choice Act was first introduced to Congress on Feb. 5, 2007, but it failed to pass the Senate because of a filibuster. This was a Democrat sponsored bill (the Card-check bill). It would change the rules governing the formation of unions, the way first contracts between unions and employers are negotiated, and how employees’ rights are enforced.”
This bill, unfortunately was blocked by the gop via fillabuster.

[h=2] Lilly Ledbetter Fair Pay Act[/h]President Obama signed this into law in 2009. The bill, which the House of Representatives passed on Jan. 17 by a vote of 250-177, will “give workers alleging unequal pay the right to sue within 180 days of their most recent paycheck,” NN. The Bush White House and the Republicans in the Senate prevented the bill from passing last year, and it became a campaign issue during the presidential election.

The law will reverse a U.S. Supreme Court decision from 2007 (Bush administration)

Employee Free Choice Act, 2007
(failed)
House
(March 1, 2007) Senate (June 26, 2007 cloture vote)
Democrats:
228 yes (99%), 2 no Democrats: 48 yes (100%), 0 no
Republicans: 13 yes, 183 no Independents: 2 yes
Total: 241 yes, 185 no Republicans: 1 yes, 48 no
Total: 51 yes, 48 no
Workplace Fairness Act (Striker Replacement Bill), 1993
(failed)
House Senate
(cloture vote)
Democrats:
221 yes (87%), 33 no Democrats: 50 yes (89%), 6 no
Independents: 1 yes Republicans: 3 yes, 40 no
Republicans: 17 yes, 157 no Total: 53 yes, 46 no
Total: 239 yes, 190 no
Labor Law Reform Act, 1977–1978
(failed)
House Senate
(1978 cloture vote)
Democrats:
221 yes (79%), 59 no Democrats: 44 yes (72%), 17 no
Republicans: 31 yes, 104 no Republicans: 14 yes, 22 no
Total: 252 yes, 163 no Total: 58 yes, 39 no
Repeal of Section 14(b) of Taft-Hartley Act, 1965–1966
(failed)
House Senate
(1966 cloture vote)
Democrats:
200 yes (70%), 86 no Democrats: 45 yes (67%), 22 no
Republicans: 21 yes, 117 no Republicans: 6 yes, 26 no
Total: 221 yes, 203 no Total: 51 yes, 48 no
Source:
Gilbert J. Gall, The Politics of Right to Work: The Labor Federations as Special Interests, 1943–
(New York: Greenwood, 1988), and THOMAS (Library of Congress)

[h=2]Now, I'm not doing this to stirr up a fight or trade insults. Now give me some examples of GOP helping labor. Thanks. :)[/h]

[h=4][/h]

Are you sure about that? I believe that was a Bill Clinton deal.

If I may, you are correct,to a point...Reagan thought it up, backed off because he seen the lack of correct management of it..Bush Sr. wanted to sign it into law,but Reagan advised him to back off...Yes, Bill Clinton signed NAFTA into law...As far as Obama is concerned, I think he's playing both sides of the fence on this one, not taking a strong stand on either side...Not trying to eliminate the law or backing it either...IMO, that's worse than the guy who signed it into law...In my other opinion,it needs to be eliminated, because Reagan was right on, on this one, it's totally mismanaged..Thanks for letting me share my opinion...

If I may, you are correct,to a point...Reagan thought it up, backed off because he seen the lack of correct management of it..Bush Sr. wanted to sign it into law,but Reagan advised him to back off...Yes, Bill Clinton signed NAFTA into law...As far as Obama is concerned, I think he's playing both sides of the fence on this one, not taking a strong stand on either side...Not trying to eliminate the law or backing it either...IMO, that's worse than the guy who signed it into law...In my other opinion,it needs to be eliminated, because Reagan was right on, on this one, it's totally mismanaged..Thanks for letting me share my opinion...

Bush Sr's deal. It took time to go through the political process and was ratified during the Clinton administration. It wasn't Clinton's deal, it was Bush Sr along with the other two leaders from the N & S.

Clinton could of and should of blocked it.

''Thanks for letting me share my opinion...''

We the working class, are all in this together.

Hmmm...maybe we should find a repub slash demo candidate.that way the money that is given to the repub from the deep pockets of corporations can go to more job creation.then once the job is created the demo can have room to raise the taxes to give the money to a needy person...perfect