Yellow | Teamsters it's time to retire!

Yellow and roadway teamsters that can retire need to move on.This is the only way jobs are going to be saved. And before people jump on and start talking about medical, that isnt the issue with most all teamsters I've talked to.If they want to keep on working go get another job(or stay at Y-R AND WORK FOR MINIMUM WAGE).Many younger teamsters will lose their jobs because of these GREEDY old timers who do not kwow when its time to hang it up.I would almost be willing to bet that 10% of the work force could be saved by retirements. Not to mention helping the company by getting rid of all these 5-6 week vacations.Many teamsters with sons and daughters working for the company worry about them losing their jobs,yet even they won't cut them any slack and retire.Flame away ,I have no patience anymore for these people. I started over many times in the union and many of these have been lucky enough to work for one company,they dont understand the hardships of starting over. So do the right thing and enjoy what most people will never get.

NO respect from the junior man? You think you are a teamster?? You tell a senior brother what to do?? You need to find a non union job this way you can kiss a little axx and made a deal, low life

NO respect from the junior man? You think you are a teamster?? You tell a senior brother what to do?? You need to find a non union job this way you can kiss a little axx and made a deal, low life

For all these "Brothers" who bad mouth senior guys and think they have a right to tell older guys to retire - If you talked like that 30 or so years ago, the shop steward, assistant steward, and a few of those "older guys" just might pull you out in the yard between a couple of trailers and have a little talk with you where they just might teach you to show a little more respect for your older "Brothers". :clap:

Too bad times have changed!

For all these "Brothers" who bad mouth senior guys and think they have a right to tell older guys to retire - If you talked like that 30 or so years ago, the shop steward, assistant steward, and a few of those "older guys" just might pull you out in the yard between a couple of trailers and have a little talk with you where they just might teach you to show a little more respect for your older "Brothers". :clap:

Too bad times have changed!

Yes, with 25 years in the union I am a junior teamster.Respect goes both ways and I have very little respect for the senior men who come in on an o .t. day and cut others out of work.Brotherhood? There is none.