Yellow | Teamsters it's time to retire!

Sorry about your luck sonny but I've earned those six weeks. I've attained something that is worth a lot. Security! Why would I give it up? You call it greed but it's something you would like to attain. Seams like you've made some bad choises in your employment selection. I've paid my dues....Quit your crying, act like a man and deal with it!

NO! what I'd like to attain is retirement, thats it. Dont need to act like my $hit dont stink because I'm at the top of the senority list. And by the way,no need to call me sonny as I'm probably your age.Also starting over 3 times was about all I needed to prove myself a man. Wait till your security is gone then lets see if YOU, act like a man.

I like to know what all these old timers did with all that big money they've made all these 30plus years. Did you go out and buy a new pick-up and boat every 4 years? Its pretty bad when you have to work into your mid 70's to get by. All that tax exempt money they make (paycheck plus pension plus soc. sec.) When you die, do you plan on taking it with you? There should be a mandatory retirement age for truckers just like airline pilots. Because you're becoming a liability on the highway with your health problems. Besides from what I see the union isn't what it use to be and it's getting worse. Better enjoy your seniority while you can, while YRC is still in business.

what everyone and i mean everyone should do is call central states everyday,everyday, and everyday and voice their opinions on the re-employment rules after retirement......if they begin cutting our pensions as they did in 2003 then what gives them the right to tell us where we can and cannot work after retirement.....i can see not going into a teamster field of work after retirement but i believe we should be able to drive a truck or a forklift for a mom and pop operation......lets get some talk on this.....now i can hide........nuff said......:hide::hide:

i love these clowns who lament on us old timers retiring.

when i can guarantee my wife's healthcare i'll retire.

it's called being an adult and not counting other people's money.

the paper is full of driving jobs, avail yourselves and quit whining to me or about me.

the paper is full of driving jobs, avail yourselves and quit whining to me or about me.

read the thread in trucking accidents about a 73 y.o. man found dead in a rest area. I wonder how soon after he pulled in there then died. If it wasn't for a rest area close by, he could of been running down the hwy and becoming a health threat to everyone. Oh yeah about old timers, I find it amazing watcing some of you trying to climb in and out of these trucks and not knowing when enough is enough. In Paducah, I'm sure there isn't a whole lot of jobs for any profession.

exactly 6 months from today on april 30 2009 i will hang it up........i will have exactly 25 complete and will be 51 then so you cant say i am greedy.......free money and i can totally do something else.......there is life after yellow.........any govmt. job will get my ins........i just dont get a guy who works at my terminal.........he is 75....drawing a teamster pension..........social security.....and keeping a jr. man at my terminal from coming off layoff.......nuff said.......:hide::hysterical:

Congratulations for a job well done and time spent:1036316054:

One thing I have observed over the years is, people will say all this stuff about what you should be doing but when their time comes they will do what is best for them.

lol

LOL if yrcw folds today you your wife have nothing .......
youre not LOCKED IN sorry brother lookin to it.

Need an incentive to retire? I lost $20,000 out of my R.I.P. since April '08 and we're
going to get hit big time in Oct. If you want to check on your balance ( in Eastern
Pa.) Call Reading Pa. Central Pa.Teamsters Health and Welfare,They will be able to
give you your balance including Oct. sometime during the first week of Nov.

I can't speak for other terminals but here in columbus the more time you get in the more people seem to get scared of there own shadow. I have never heard so many conspiracy theories about retroactive actions on their pensions, crying about health costs and so on and on. we have roughly 15 or so on the local cartage side that have the time and age but go nowhere but work everyday even though they spent years swearing they would not do a day past their 30, i just don't get it. I pray I don't depend on work for my entertainment when i get my time in(if so please shoot me). honestly though we should be thankful to those who don't retire because it leaves more in the fund for us

I can't speak for other terminals but here in columbus the more time you get in the more people seem to get scared of there own shadow. I have never heard so many conspiracy theories about retroactive actions on their pensions, crying about health costs and so on and on. we have roughly 15 or so on the local cartage side that have the time and age but go nowhere but work everyday even though they spent years swearing they would not do a day past their 30, i just don't get it. I pray I don't depend on work for my entertainment when i get my time in(if so please shoot me). honestly though we should be thankful to those who don't retire because it leaves more in the fund for us

Your right about the entertainment factor, we have a guy that could draw $3700. mo. but chooses to come in and work for free since he has nothing else to do. Actually now that I think about it ,after buying gas he's paying to come to work.Gotta really love your job to do that.

Your right about the entertainment factor, we have a guy that could draw $3700. mo. but chooses to come in and work for free since he has nothing else to do. Actually now that I think about it ,after buying gas he's paying to come to work.Gotta really love your job to do that.

Well he must not not very old, he's not collecting Social Security & Collecting his Pension while still working, or is he?

Some of you need to sit down and think about what you are saying. When and where did we in this great land of ours come to think that one person has the right to demand anything of another ones life choices. Great men have written a document call the Bill of Rights, and great men have fought and died to protect the rights of all individuals, and those that didn't die, gave great sacrifices. We are now living in a land where you can't say something, or you might offend someone. Its is now okay for one group to have free speech, but an opposing view is shouted down. It really is no one business how many years I have in the union, a job is not a right under the constitution, a job is something earned and protected by doing that job to the best of ones ability. A right is something fought for and worth fighting again for. When I woke up this morning I woke up in the United States, but as I read some posts here, it appear it might have been Russia. I like most all Teamsters have started over again, more than once, that is no cherry, most have endured this hardship and just shook their heads and kept going on, it has been the nature of the business for the last 20+ years. I know its tough, but a lot tougher went other peoples opinions rule other peoples lives. I have not posted on this site in all most 2 years and will likely not again post for another 2. The soap box is now someone elses.