Yellow | Teamsters Say No To Right-To-Work (For Less)!

According to the papers, Voters in Michigan turned down proposal 2 at election time which would of made right to work law unconstitutional and it failed. So what does that tell you. you only have about 10,000 people show up in protest. if issue was that much of important to the people in the state would think a whole lot more would of showed up. Yes this does give the unions a blow . However like Stoney stated if the unions are able to sell their services then nothing to worry about. The unions will rise again down the road as we all have seen in some sort of fashion that history will repeat itself
Actually, I think getting 10,000 people to show up in Lansing Michigan on a weekday to protest is quite an accomplishment.

Really? I don't recall that interview. I have been hearing different since the Wisconsin battle. I never listen to the same Radio as you so I will not say you lie. But I am used to how you twist things to try and prove you know something.

Last Thursday, Michigan's GOP-led legislature passed bills to make Michigan the 24th state with right-to-work laws on the books. The move came as something of a surprise, in part because Snyder, the governor, has long maintained that right-to-work was not on his agenda. The first-term governor, who has until now largely been viewed as a moderate, said Thursday he plans to sign the measure despite it being a "divisive issue."

The big union fight in Michigan explained - CBS News

Ya, I may have spoken too soon. I took my buddies word on that. As I look, I can't find anything like that.

But I did see Michigan has been losing jobs to Indiana another new rtw state. That I'm sure placed pressure on Synder.

Either way, unions better learn a way to survive in rtw states. Its the way of the future like it or not.

Ya, I may have spoken too soon. I took my buddies word on that. As I look, I can't find anything like that.

But I did see Michigan has been losing jobs to Indiana another new rtw state. That I'm sure placed pressure on Synder.

Either way, unions better learn a way to survive in rtw states. Its the way of the future like it or not.
Dang-it Stoney, admitting a mistake is not allowed, last thing I want to do is rethink how I label you. As far as the pressure Snyder was under......Start with the Koch Brothers. And for the time being none of what I say makes any difference, the bill is law, but all the Indiana hype does not hold water when looked at closely. Snyder's statements of jobs flooding into Indiana are false and even one of the companies that was said to open there due to it being RTW now has stated publicly that RTW was not a consideration. You'll just have to accept my word for it, I don't see the need to prove it. You Win.....RTW does not effect retired workers so I'll let you "like it or not"

Illinois hiked taxes; businesses wanted out of Illinois. Wisconsin got RTW. Indiana feared Illinois jobs flooding to Wisc, so Indy went RTW, and succeeded in our state's economy growing. Michigan couldn't chance Indiana luring jobs, so they went RTW as well.

I am for Right to Work because I am against being forced to pay dues to have health care I do not need, company payment or non-payment of pension without member knowledge for a pension I will never see, misrepresentation, and union money being used to fund the Dimocrat party.

So it sounds as if your saying that the workers that stop paying due's but still get full benefits from the union aren't any better than the so called 47 % , Yeah , hell I'll drink to that thats a good comparison Jimmy good job .:1036316054:

If they don't pay dues they won't get health and welfare benefits, and not all people need those benefits, it should be their choice.

I am for Right to Work because I am against being forced to pay dues to have health care I do not need, company payment or non-payment of pension without member knowledge for a pension I will never see, misrepresentation, and union money being used to fund the Dimocrat party.

You're talking pubic union as far as money being used to fund the Dimocrat party. ABF is paying 100% pension. YRC 25% now..full 2015. Health care you do not need? misrepresentation? wtf
How does that work out at FedEx?..the misrepresentation?

If they don't pay dues they won't get health and welfare benefits, and not all people need those benefits, it should be their choice.
Where in the world did you get that idea? The only thing that you lose if you don't pay dues is the right to vote on the contract/elections. And maybe self respect. I suspect that's not much of a concern for most free loaders.

Illinois hiked taxes; businesses wanted out of Illinois. Wisconsin got RTW. Indiana feared Illinois jobs flooding to Wisc, so Indy went RTW, and succeeded in our state's economy growing. Michigan couldn't chance Indiana luring jobs, so they went RTW as well.
Jimmy, you are so far ahead of me on political issues I am uncomfortable asking. You state your economy is growing due to RTW but what I'm hearing up here is that there is only about 2 months of data to base that on and at this point it does not bare witness to the growth you say. The one example touted here was Android Industries. That company would have invested in Indiana because they got the sequencing operation in Fort Wayne no mater what....Just as they did in Michigan. Your living it so maybe you can clear it up for me.

Where in the world did you get that idea? The only thing that you lose if you don't pay dues is the right to vote on the contract/elections. And maybe self respect. I suspect that's not much of a concern for most free loaders.

Wolf, I REALLY tried to leave Free Dumb's ill informed opinions alone. But, I JUST CAN'T. This entire country is right to work. We choose our employers. If you CHOOSE to work in a union environment, then you SHOULD join and pay dues. If you don't want to be in a union then don't take a job at a union employer!:6799:

Wolf, I REALLY tried to leave Free Dumb's ill informed opinions alone. But, I JUST CAN'T. This entire country is right to work. We choose our employers. If you CHOOSE to work in a union environment, then you SHOULD join and pay dues. If you don't want to be in a union then don't take a job at a union employer!:6799:
I would love to sit across the Breakfast Counter and listen to his thoughts. I'm sure it would be enlightening for me.

I would think that if one chose to work at say YRC or ABF in a RTW state and chose not to pay dues..this would mean you also chose not to be the union thereby giving up all rights to union pension, health benefits, union job protection etc given everything is contractual. Most non's are non's because they don't want to pay dues. Public unions are different, you don't pay dues you still get everything..the tax payer foot the cost so why pay dues? The dems hate this idea
hissyfit.gif
hissyfit.gif
hissyfit.gif
hissyfit.gif
hissyfit.gif
hissyfit.gif
hissyfit.gif
hissyfit.gif
hissyfit.gif

If it was as you say Joe a lot of the problems would be a non-issue....Outside of the Company would offer perks to Opt Out I suspect....at least till the Unions gone. Here in Michigan the freeloaders will have all the benefits including the Grievance procedure without paying dues. This is my first experience with RTW but from what I've read so far the RTW freeloader benefit is a Federal thing so should be the same in all States with RTW

Why are they freeloaders and why do you care. The financial position of the union guys hasn't changed a penny. Your dues hasn't changed because RTW employees will be hired. The bennies haven't changed because the RTW guys will be hired. The RTW work people can't vote for or against you in future contract talks, so why do you care whether they are union or not?

Why are they freeloaders and why do you care. The financial position of the union guys hasn't changed a penny. Your dues hasn't changed because RTW employees will be hired. The bennies haven't changed because the RTW guys will be hired. The RTW work people can't vote for or against you in future contract talks, so why do you care whether they are union or not?

Did you understand Wolf's post? Those who choose NOT to JOIN will still get ALL the benefits, WITHOUT PAYING FOR THEM! So YES they are freeloaders.

Because I believe not paying dues will hurt the "Union" financially. But of coarse you know that and so do the rest of the RTWers.

that dues money pays salaries..bills at the local. If you ever need the help of a BA I'm sure he'll help you out..out the door and off the property
Leagally, it's questionable. Morally disgusting but personally I like it.:coffee1:

In a right to work state when the freeloader gets himself into trouble with the company, the local must represent him. They will also have to pay a fee for that representation.
I also have seen a few people that have gone down this road because that dues money is just to much to part with each month. Some still have the first penny they ever earned.
Now I know you non-union god save the company types will take offence to this but here it is anyway. After the word gets around these people seem to have a lot of problems both on and off the job.
Wonder how that lunch box got full of used motor oil ?
I personally would like to be one of the 47% now that I am retired, but my pension check is to much to qualify
Nothing like standing in line at the grocery store with my little T bone and a bag of fries in my little carry basket and the person in front has grocery's falling out of the big cart and a SNAP card to pay for it all. Oh ya and the beer and smokes are paid for with a big roll of cash.

Guess I was wrong about what you would or would not get if you did not pay dues. To me if you work at a union shop and don't need H&W you should be able to opt out and either not pay dues or get more pay. All I know is I will never pay dues again and if I am somewhere that votes to go union I will quit if I am forced to pay dues. I did not need health care I am already covered and if I was not I could get it through my woman. As far as retirement I worked 5 years at YRC, 2 years at another union shop that was underbid out of a job because they would not take a $1 an hour H&W cut, and 8 seasons at UPS totalling up to 2 years and did not even get vested. One year at YRC I worked the entire year and they did not pay into the pension so I got no credit. Also seasonal at UPS get no benefits and no representation but have to pay dues, the pay has even went down for them at the same time full time pay went up.