Yellow | Teamsters survey

Wow, I can't believe you feel someone should have the right to decide for you what is best for you. My parents were the last people who did that for me. Representation is not domination. Teamster leadership should represent the membership and should do their best to get what the majority decides they want from negotiations.
Then go work for a non union company. Just because it’s not want to hear doesn’t mean it’s wrong. When we elect the President of the United States & go to war with another Country do they call for a special vote to see if you approve. I think the union if Fed up with Yellows Mis-management for the last 15 years….

Then go work for a non union company. Just because it’s not want to hear doesn’t mean it’s wrong. When we elect the President of the United States & go to war with another Country do they call for a special vote to see if you approve. I think the union if Fed up with Yellows Mis-management for the last 15 years….
Over 45 years ago at a Teamster ltl job I worked at, if the company wanted to change things, a sort of mini COO for instance, we drivers had a meeting with management and BA and we listened and then we drivers voted on whether to accept or reject the change, the BA didn't decide for us. That's the democratic way.

Over 45 years ago at a Teamster ltl job I worked at, if the company wanted to change things, a sort of mini COO for instance, we drivers had a meeting with management and BA and we listened and then we drivers voted on whether to accept or reject the change, the BA didn't decide for us. That's the democratic way.
So is electing a union president democratic. We voted for O’Brien because we wanted someone with a backbone, not like Hoffa who gave into everything the companies wanted….

So is electing a union president democratic. We voted for O’Brien because we wanted someone with a backbone, not like Hoffa who gave into everything the companies wanted….
Yes, we elected him to take a strong stand in negotiations on our behalf, not to decide for us without us voting on acceptance/rejection.

How's he doing for your contract? Are you voting Saturday? I thought one of your guys posted that?
We have a meeting at our local Saturday 8:30. The memo didn’t say anything about voting but we only have 10 days until it expires. I’m hoping we vote Saturday. They are offering $3.50 up front + 75 cents each additional year. Two more sick days & MLK day. No inward facing cameras no autonomous trucks and I believe it was $4.46 to be divided between healthcare & pension. That’s the highlights….

My last 20 were with the company. I'm retired and I know a lot has changed in the industry. The difference between a retiree like me and a retiree like you is I believe the workers at Yellow are intelligent enough to decide what is a good contract for them or not. They have enough stress on themselves and their families and don't need agitators like you and Puffy :stirthepot: everyday. Like I said before you seem like an intelligent guy, spend a little more time reading your Wall Street Journal and a little less time being an instigator. Your retired park the truck.:shift:

I agree with you. How many times do I have to post, LET THE MEMBERS VOTE ON YELLOW'S OFFER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You say you agree with me but still you post constantly everyday trying to pit teamster against teamster. Do what you say, not what you do. Again park the truck you're retired.
His stock is tanking so he’s a little grumpy. His President will tank the stock market totally in the next few months if Brandon don’t get us all barbecued.

Then let these adult people make the decision!!!
Let the members vote on Yellow's proposal.
Don't let O'Brien decide the fate of 30,000 employees, 22,000 of whom are Teamsters. Put the offer to a membership vote and let the people whose jobs are on the line make the decision.
That didn't work right for all the employees in 2009-2010 right? Now me who seen my dad take a cut and my oldest brother lose his pension even though I didn't take the cut direct but we are in the same team same union we fight together for what yellow took and for the morals on all employees.

What's rotten about today's situation...as is always rotten with Yellow and the IBT.....is that Yellow always threatens bankruptcy.
And guys always say " shut it down".

It's a totally moronic uncivil way of dealing with things.
Really.

Why can it never be.....we are gonna sit down and talk....and negotiate.

It just shows the disrespect for people and is a total coldheartedness on both sides all the time.

The ultimate " we will just destroy you".

Sick economics .
Sick country
30,000 jobs on the line and this is the retarded way it's dealt with.
We will close you!
No!
WE will close YOU!
You assume that negotiation is possible.
If the union demands no change in work rules and refuses to discuss a COO.
If healthcare costs increase every year at more than the inflation rate and the union demands no change in healthcare.
If the union demands wage and pension increases.
If Yellow is not making a profit and cannot afford those demands.
If Yellow will run out of cash this fall.
Where is the middle ground needed for negotiations?

You say you agree with me but still you post constantly everyday trying to pit teamster against teamster. Do what you say, not what you do. Again park the truck you're retired.
You give me far too much credit. I'm not changing any minds. Everyone already has their opinions. By definition, a membership vote pits Teamster against Teamster.
I last stepped out of a yellow truck on August 7, 2004. 19 years later, no reasonable person believes Yellow can operate the way it did when I was working. The pay, benefits and working conditions I enjoyed are no longer sustainable given Yellow's current financial situation. Expecting to maintain that level of compensation is delusional.
Present Yellow's offer to the membership for a vote and let them decide what is best for their families. Anyone who votes no and feels they can do better is free to then vote with their feet and find work opportunity elsewhere. Why is that such a radical point of view?

You give me far too much credit. I'm not changing any minds. Everyone already has their opinions. By definition, a membership vote pits Teamster against Teamster.
I last stepped out of a yellow truck on August 7, 2004. 19 years later, no reasonable person believes Yellow can operate the way it did when I was working. The pay, benefits and working conditions I enjoyed are no longer sustainable given Yellow's current financial situation. Expecting to maintain that level of compensation is delusional.
Present Yellow's offer to the membership for a vote and let them decide what is best for their families. Anyone who votes no and feels they can do better is free to then vote with their feet and find work opportunity elsewhere. Why is that such a radical point of view?
It's not a radical point of view, but it has nothing to do with you. Yellow employees will think for themselves. They don't need you interfering with their thought process everyday of the week. Again, you're retired park the truck.

Yellow has ruined more teamster jobs than any Ltl company could ever imagine. I think it’s time to put a halt to givebacks and bonuses for upper management. Time for Yellow to get kicked down the road for a change.

So as you fight.
What is the goal?

Is the tactic to find out if they're bluffing?
And make them pay back and keep everything the same?
Or to close them down and lose 20,000 people's seniority?

Just wondering the logic?

Do we think this is a negotiating tactic to get more?
Or a tactic to allow them to close the place down?

Trying to understand what we're fighting for.
So you want to give all work rules and get nothing in return? Is like giving all your rights to be a slave and get paid the same? No that comes with a cost. I wouldn't want to lose my seniority but I also will put a price for my great job that I try to always put in each day that God lets me wake up and go back to work. How much do you value your self? I strongly agreed that he loading and unloading needs to be fixed and needs better training on the survey. I didn't learn squat at YRC while I was in training by a roadway guy, if you claim that you guys were the best then show it and give proper training. I learned at ABF but didn't get hired because I didn't have my CDL then. At that time I only had 1 year at YRC.