Yellow | Teamsters survey

Oh sure, after Overnight was purchased by fully unionized UPS. What an accomplishment. What about all the other non-union carriers?
Ya, let's look at nonunion carriers. 1000% turn over rate. I worked nonunion for 17 years. America would not have a middle class if it wasn't for Teamsters. Do you know the history involved here? I have been in transportation for 24 years. The Teamsters offer the best situation. And it's all the other unions as well. If you don't have a union behind you, the company does whatever they want. I don't miss running 2 log books, driving myself to death, divorce, can't afford anything. Yellow is a case study in transportation. People will look at Yellow for a long time, to learn from them. 100 years (almost) in operation. How did that happen? First off, the answer is The Teamsters. Teamsters take the dishonesty out of the equation. And this concept is still being developed, and will get even better. It's an exciting time to be a Teamster.

Are you suggesting that anyone who joins a union should no longer think for themselves, just blindly follow what someone else tells them? Is that really your idea of a good union member? So why then do we have a vote on contracts? Shouldn't we just let someone else decide for us what to accept? Wow, I don't really believe you feel that way.
Don’t try to put a spin on it. Anyone who has been here any length of time knows exactly who you are & what you stand for….and that’s YOU. Now can you explain to me how something like this can be voted on, it’s not a giveback & it’s not contract time.

Ya, let's look at nonunion carriers. 1000% turn over rate. I worked nonunion for 17 years. America would not have a middle class if it wasn't for Teamsters. Do you know the history involved here? I have been in transportation for 24 years. The Teamsters offer the best situation. And it's all the other unions as well. If you don't have a union behind you, the company does whatever they want. I don't miss running 2 log books, driving myself to death, divorce, can't afford anything. Yellow is a case study in transportation. People will look at Yellow for a long time, to learn from them. 100 years (almost) in operation. How did that happen? First off, the answer is The Teamsters. Teamsters take the dishonesty out of the equation. And this concept is still being developed, and will get even better. It's an exciting time to be a Teamster.
I appreciate you educating me about the Teamsters, thank you. By the way, I'm kind of new to trucking, only started driving TT in 1966 and only been a Teamster since 1971. :smile new:

Don’t try to put a spin on it. Anyone who has been here any length of time knows exactly who you are & what you stand for….and that’s YOU. Now can you explain to me how something like this can be voted on, it’s not a giveback & it’s not contract time.
Oh please, nice try at deflection. My response was specifically to your post where you said this: "Then why join a union? Should have been a O/O to control your own destiny…."

You and a few others have no intelligent comments to make to rebut anything I post so you resort to deflection and childish personal attacks. But hey, if that's all you've got, go for it.

Oh please, nice try at deflection. My response was specifically to your post where you said this: "Then why join a union? Should have been a O/O to control your own destiny…."

You and a few others have no intelligent comments to make to rebut anything I post so you resort to deflection and childish personal attacks. But hey, if that's all you've got, go for it.
. I can only hope when I turn 90 I’m half as smart as you….

Then let these adult people make the decision!!!
Let the members vote on Yellow's proposal.
Don't let O'Brien decide the fate of 30,000 employees, 22,000 of whom are Teamsters. Put the offer to a membership vote and let the people whose jobs are on the line make the decision.
O’Brien ain’t buying…..get ready for PBGC which is the only interest you have in avoiding trying to influence the Yellow outcome.

Who gets to decide what is fair?
I see two ways to decide.
In a free market environment, the employee decides whether to accept the compensation offered or find employment elsewhere.
In a collective bargaining environment, employees decide by majority vote and those who voted no have the option to find employment elsewhere.
The IBT seems determined not to bring Yellow's offer to a vote, putting the members they are legally bound to represent out of work.
You sound like the guy who would blame a lot lizard for ruining his marriage.

Last edited:
If these 2 COO's were looked at by Labor VP's and then submitted to the IBT.....knowing that supplements would be violated , putting all of our jobs in this very sick situation.
I'm sorry to say....people have been terminated for things that are nowhere near as damaging as this to the company.
To call them serious offenses would be the understatement of the century

I've seen a lot of stupid guys, who have done a lot of incredibly stupid things over and over and over again....and be forgiven and these guys allow them to keep their jobs.
How could you do this to all union and nonunion employees? What the **** was in your goddamned heads to put that on the table?
What the Hell were you thinking????
How the Hell could you even think of jeapordizing 30,000 jobs by putting not one, BUT 2 huge COO's on the table????

But it'd be a very good idea for these guys who know the contract to do everything in their knowledge and power to figure out how to make this work and keep our jobs and we get something good out of it too.
Quickly. End the stress.
The point is that they are doing what is necessary to save the company and 30,000 jobs because the status quo isn't working.

Wow, I can't believe you feel someone should have the right to decide for you what is best for you. My parents were the last people who did that for me. Representation is not domination. Teamster leadership should represent the membership and should do their best to get what the majority decides they want from negotiations.
🖕🏻🖕🏻🖕🏻🖕🖕🏻🖕🏻🖕🏻🖕🏻Turn in your union card. If you don't like how the elected president of our union is handling the situation

🖕🏻🖕🏻🖕🏻🖕🖕🏻🖕🏻🖕🏻🖕🏻Turn in your union card. If you don't like how the elected president of our union is handling the situation
Why have a ratification vote. Just let O'Brien and Murphy write a contract. You don't need to know what's in it. Just keep paying those dues and don't question the leadership.