Yellow | Teamsters survey

Over 45 years ago at a Teamster ltl job I worked at, if the company wanted to change things, a sort of mini COO for instance, we drivers had a meeting with management and BA and we listened and then we drivers voted on whether to accept or reject the change, the BA didn't decide for us. That's the democratic way.

but that's your opinion
but its not happening your way

Well, some people prefer to go through life as little lap-dogs where someone decides what's best for them. I choose to go through life deciding for myself what's best for me.
Did you see the meeting video this morning where the union rep said yellow freight was a major reason they can’t grow the union because non union workers keep bringing up yellows contract and saying no thank you lol.ring a bell Nostradamus? They must be delusional lolol

Did you see the meeting video this morning where the union rep said yellow freight was a major reason they can’t grow the union because non union workers keep bringing up yellows contract and saying no thank you lol.ring a bell Nostradamus? They must be delusional lolol
I guess that explains why they haven't organized any ltl companies for over 40 years now. Who knew it was all because of Yellow? Talk about delusional. :duh:

So as you fight.
What is the goal?

Is the tactic to find out if they're bluffing?
And make them pay back and keep everything the same?
Or to close them down and lose 20,000 people's seniority?

Just wondering the logic?

Do we think this is a negotiating tactic to get more?
Or a tactic to allow them to close the place down?

Trying to understand what we're fighting for.
A fair days work for a fair days pay. That's all this has ever been about.

Then go work for a non union company. Just because it’s not want to hear doesn’t mean it’s wrong. When we elect the President of the United States & go to war with another Country do they call for a special vote to see if you approve. I think the union if Fed up with Yellows Mis-management for the last 15 years….
WOW another if you don’t like it leave rocket scientist hey Einstein here’s a new thought for ya………..if you don’t like it change it for the better……wow an independent thought! But sadly it seems to me that an independent thought would die of loneliness in your head…….

No it’s not it’s about respect
So as you fight.
What is the goal?

Is the tactic to find out if they're bluffing?
And make them pay back and keep everything the same?
Or to close them down and lose 20,000 people's seniority?

Just wondering the logic?

Do we think this is a negotiating tactic to get more?
Or a tactic to allow them to close the place down?

Trying to understand what we're fighting for.
relevance, our jobs .a living or better wage respect… job security…. Our families…. Our houses and our way of life

Settle down.... I just stated a fact.... overnight was organized.
I'm very settled, it's my computer screen that gets all excited. :hysterical:

Yes, you are correct, but that accomplishment is like a home run record with an asterisk. :idunno:

Who gets to decide what is fair?
I see two ways to decide.
In a free market environment, the employee decides whether to accept the compensation offered or find employment elsewhere.
In a collective bargaining environment, employees decide by majority vote and those who voted no have the option to find employment elsewhere.
The IBT seems determined not to bring Yellow's offer to a vote, putting the members they are legally bound to represent out of work.

Who gets to decide what is fair?
I see two ways to decide.
In a free market environment, the employee decides whether to accept the compensation offered or find employment elsewhere.
In a collective bargaining environment, employees decide by majority vote and those who voted no have the option to find employment elsewhere.
The IBT seems determined not to bring Yellow's offer to a vote, putting the members they are legally bound to represent out of work.
Ya, I agree. However, to be a Teamster company, there is requirements. Its hard in negotiations with other companies to take things seriously, when Yellow pays so little. Our pension is basically gone. Now they are picking at the health and welfare. Mind you, this is the hottest LTL market in American history. Everyone is having banner years, except Yellow. If Yellow is crying broke now, they will never be profitable. They had 14 years to make corrections. Sean O'Brian is setting a new tone, that the entire world labor market will see. It's a good time in history to be a Teamster.

Well, some people prefer to go through life as little lap-dogs where someone decides what's best for them. I choose to go through life deciding for myself what's best for me.
Then why join a union? Should have been a O/O to control your own destiny….

Then why join a union? Should have been a O/O to control your own destiny….
Are you suggesting that anyone who joins a union should no longer think for themselves, just blindly follow what someone else tells them? Is that really your idea of a good union member? So why then do we have a vote on contracts? Shouldn't we just let someone else decide for us what to accept? Wow, I don't really believe you feel that way.