Yellow | tears of the elderly

imported_angry lcp

TB Lurker
Credits
the tears in lcp are already starting to fall, from the wrinkled eyes of our top heavy senoirity boards. will there still be road work in lancaster for us after this change? i hope the answer is no! time to retire, spend some of your moldy millions and buy a fishing rod, and a boat. or heaven forbid,hold your wifes hand, and watch the sunset. or make peace with the children who hate you because you have been a greedy man, and all you care about is yellow, and your charlotte bid. yes brothers it has been a good 75 year run. please step aside so the young men with children can afford to buy homes and send there kids to college.:nutkick::chairshot:

the tears in lcp are already starting to fall, from the wrinkled eyes of our top heavy senoirity boards. will there still be road work in lancaster for us after this change? i hope the answer is no! time to retire, spend some of your moldy millions and buy a fishing rod, and a boat. or heaven forbid,hold your wifes hand, and watch the sunset. or make peace with the children who hate you because you have been a greedy man, and all you care about is yellow, and your charlotte bid. yes brothers it has been a good 75 year run. please step aside so the young men with children can afford to buy homes and send there kids to college.:nutkick::chairshot:

WOW!!!!!!!

Team Drivers

This company is still looking for Team Drivers in SLC.
Lots of new young faces here and plenty of work. Only because no body wants to run sleepers.
Bring your wifes !!

Retire already!!!

Funny thing is I agree with you. If you have your time in LEAVE!! what are you waiting for, free health insurance? Like that will ever happen....well..it might in my lifetime. I just don't know why anyone would want to hang around and take work away from a younger generation of future teamsters. Oh, that's right GREED!.:tribehasspoken:

Funny thing is I agree with you. If you have your time in LEAVE!! what are you waiting for, free health insurance? Like that will ever happen....well..it might in my lifetime. I just don't know why anyone would want to hang around and take work away from a younger generation of future teamsters. Oh, that's right GREED!.:tribehasspoken:
I'm not sure who the greedy party is here. Me with my twenty-seven years with Roadway or you younger Teamsters. Seems to me were both looking out for the same thing. Our selves and our families.

Wow, you seem to have decided that you alone should have the right to determine when some other individual should retire! Isn't that decision his and his only regardless of what you or I or anyone else thinks?

Just a thought, but maybe you and any others who feel the same way could take all that pent up resentment and direct it toward something more useful, like going out and helping organize more of the non-union carriers so that there will be many more good union jobs out there for whoever wants them! Just a thought.

Wow, you seem to have decided that you alone should have the right to determine when some other individual should retire! Isn't that decision his and his only regardless of what you or I or anyone else thinks?

Just a thought, but maybe you and any others who feel the same way could take all that pent up resentment and direct it toward something more useful, like going out and helping organize more of the non-union carriers so that there will be many more good union jobs out there for whoever wants them! Just a thought.

It would be nice if the International would concentrate on organizing in the trucking industry for a change , It is wonderful and I welcome our Brothers and Sisters in other vocations but Teamsters are people who move freight in one form or another and it seem Hoffa and the boys rather organize outside entity's and leave us hanging for membership.
There was a time you could go across the street and get a good union job if you lost the one you had, or were layed off not anymore!

It would be nice if the International would concentrate on organizing in the trucking industry for a change , It is wonderful and I welcome our Brothers and Sisters in other vocations but Teamsters are people who move freight in one form or another and it seem Hoffa and the boys rather organize outside entity's and leave us hanging for membership.
There was a time you could go across the street and get a good union job if you lost the one you had, or were layed off not anymore!

I couldn't agree with you more on that issue! I too remember the days when there were numerous Teamster trucking jobs around and you almost had your choice of places to get a days pay if you were slow on your own job.

I just hate to see fellow Teamsters dump on their union brothers just because some of those brothers chose to (or possibly have to) continue working. They've earned the right to work and it's their business when they chose to stop.

I've got 31 yrs. and 55 yrs.old can't retire because no ins.until age 57. Any suggestions what I can do? Can't go elsewhere because of reemployment rules ( they suck).

wake up

just thought id let you know that the ibt will not be organizing any trucking ever. those days are long gone . i commend your strong unions in jersey. but hoffa could crap in your rice crispies ,and you guys would say thanks jimmy! atta boy! buy the way the old guys i am talking about could give a hoot about unity or teamster power.:chairshot::nutkick:

I've got 31 yrs. and 55 yrs.old can't retire because no ins.until age 57. Any suggestions what I can do? Can't go elsewhere because of reemployment rules ( they suck).

brother bigfoot i feel your pain ,i was not refering to gents such as your self who are waiting to get the years in ,these clowns could have retired 10 even 15 years ago, some with no wife or kids,and no hobbys. they will die at the wheel. that is sad, and sad for a younger man trying to move up. when you get there brother enjoy living life!:1036316054::smilie_132:

We all know the guys that have to work, and who the greedy bustards are. You greedies know who you are too. Sorry for when the "need to's" get lumped with the "want to's" :1036316054: What ya gonna do tho? It's all about me today.

We all know the guys that have to work, and who the greedy bustards are. You greedies know who you are too. Sorry for when the "need to's" get lumped with the "want to's" :1036316054: What ya gonna do tho? It's all about me today.
its all about me, its all about i, its all about number one, oh me, oh my!:funky::funky::hysterical

I am not a Teamster nor do I work for Yellow, but why should a man who has worked to climb the ladder quit just because you want to move up?
You don't know what their life consists of, maybe they have nobody or nothing to do but work.
Wait your turn driver

I am not a Teamster nor do I work for Yellow, but why should a man who has worked to climb the ladder quit just because you want to move up?
You don't know what their life consists of, maybe they have nobody or nothing to do but work.
Wait your turn driver
Hey Jeff if you know anyone like that just do them a favor and put them out of their misery.:hysterical:

Better idea....get em a computer and sign em onto Truckinboards

brother bigfoot i feel your pain ,i was not refering to gents such as your self who are waiting to get the years in ,these clowns could have retired 10 even 15 years ago, some with no wife or kids,and no hobbys. they will die at the wheel. that is sad, and sad for a younger man trying to move up. when you get there brother enjoy living life!:1036316054::smilie_132:

Nice to see you refer to some of your brother Teamsters as "clowns" just because they won't quit when you've decided that they should. Maybe your animosity toward them should be directed toward your parents for not having conceived you years earlier than they did so that you could have had an earlier start in life and therefore have had more seniority than you do!! :smile1:

Wait your turn driver

I will add my "outside" opinion also,for what its worth.:chairshot:If a senior man gobbles up all the OT knowing that will knock a lower guy out of work,that doesn't sound like a "brother" to me...I recall seeing a post a couple of days ago similar to that scenario..

I will add my "outside" opinion also,for what its worth.:chairshot:If a senior man gobbles up all the OT knowing that will knock a lower guy out of work,that doesn't sound like a "brother" to me...I recall seeing a post a couple of days ago similar to that scenario..

I whole heartedly agree with you about the OT situation. But in my opinion, that's a different issue than saying that a man should quit or retire when he still wants or needs to work.