Yellow | tears of the elderly

I will add my "outside" opinion also,for what its worth.:chairshot:If a senior man gobbles up all the OT knowing that will knock a lower guy out of work,that doesn't sound like a "brother" to me...I recall seeing a post a couple of days ago similar to that scenario..

I don't agree with being greedy and just taking it because you can when you don't need it and another person is starving.

We had a guy that would make 80k + a year run a 500+ mile run a day then come in on saturday and run.
He was a nice guy but he died of a massive heart attack real young

I live within my means, I have a modest house, a small mortgage a small website that makes a couple bucks and a 3-4 day a week job, I owe nothing but my mortgage and utilities and my wife does not have to work as a result.

I rely on noone but myself when it comes to making $$$, if its there, fine, if its not I will stay home and wait for a day there is an opportunity to make some $$$

the tears in lcp are already starting to fall, from the wrinkled eyes of our top heavy senoirity boards. will there still be road work in lancaster for us after this change? i hope the answer is no! time to retire, spend some of your moldy millions and buy a fishing rod, and a boat. or heaven forbid,hold your wifes hand, and watch the sunset. or make peace with the children who hate you because you have been a greedy man, and all you care about is yellow, and your charlotte bid. yes brothers it has been a good 75 year run. please step aside so the young men with children can afford to buy homes and send there kids to college.:nutkick::chairshot:
You sound depressed my I suggest you try a Darvon Cocktail .

I have gone over this in my head many times and I have met guys who would like to retire but can not because their wife is very sick and they need the insurance. Or They have the time in but can not because of their age. My plan is to get out at age 62. I also see the guy who are very greedy but do not care its all about them. None of us know what the future will be for any of us. If we plan and save for our futures who knows what unfortunate circumstance my happen that will wipe us out and put us back to work at age 70? I am thankful that I still have a job to go to and still have insurance that is paid by my employer and my dues. How long this holds out is the next big ?

I was in a terminal down south and looked at their seniority list. There is a guy there who's hire date was a day after my birthday.

I'm 50.

Thats too long.

I saw a driver going to the ready line in LCP using a cane and trailing an oxygen tank.

Thats too long.

i will reply for you

yes i am a sick minded twisted and immature individual. but i am very happy in my own little world, and my friends there like me! have a rotten day!:nutkick::chairshot::funky::biglaugh:

please ingest a bottle of lighter fluid, and swallow a match

yes i am a sick minded twisted and immature individual. but i am very happy in my own little world, and my friends there like me! have a rotten day!

I certainly can't add anything to that well thought out, supremely intelligent response. You've obviously won this debate with your in-depth, and vastly superior logic. It's individuals like you who make all of us proud to be Teamsters! :1036316054:

I certainly can't add anything to that well thought out, supremely intelligent response. You've obviously won this debate with your in-depth, and vastly superior logic. It's individuals like you who make all of us proud to be Teamsters! :1036316054:
hands_clapping.gif
:1036316054:

I have been a Teamster for 27 years and at the bottom of a senority board once again.
Those above me that have the time and age to retire but simply choose not to...well, I'll respect their seniority but not their decision.

Personally I will retire as soon as age and yrs service will allow but respect the right of any member to continue working as long as he or she decides to and can perform the job properly and safely. They have earned that right no matter what some wet behind the ears member thinks.

i commend your strong unions in jersey. but hoffa could crap in your rice crispies ,and you guys would say thanks jimmy! atta boy!
I suggest that you pay a little more attention to what is going on in NJ before you make a wise assed comment like that......IMO Hoffa doesn't have very much support anymore from Teamsters working on NMFA jobs, YRC & ABF. Joint Council 73's locals 560 & 641 don't seem to have any problem standing up to Hoffa & co. when we think that their policies are not in our best interests

I suggest that you pay a little more attention to what is going on in NJ before you make a wise assed comment like that......IMO Hoffa doesn't have very much support anymore from Teamsters working on NMFA jobs, YRC & ABF. Joint Council 73's locals 560 & 641 don't seem to have any problem standing up to Hoffa & co. when we think that their policies are not in our best interests

just like you stood up during the last election,when the 641 mafia sent their goons to the pinebrook terminal ,to scare the leedham supporters, when tom was making a visit. and in edison they were tripping over them selves to get their picture taken with the prodigal son. you guys stick together in your barns, but you live in fear of your local agents. thats why there is never local elections over in nj. so dont **** down my neck , and tell me that its raining!:nutkick::chairshot:

Greetings brother Teamsters! I'm #122 out of 134 on my dock board ( laid off since the begining of Nov.) and waiting for guys to retire, but my question is how will the 4 hr casuals affect the hiring of full time guys under me so that I can move up?

just like you stood up during the last election,when the 641 mafia sent their goons to the pinebrook terminal ,to scare the leedham supporters, when tom was making a visit. and in edison they were tripping over them selves to get their picture taken with the prodigal son. you guys stick together in your barns, but you live in fear of your local agents. thats why there is never local elections over in nj. so dont **** down my neck , and tell me that its raining!

I can't comment on what went on at any of these terminals since I wasn't there but wasn't 641 one of the few locals to overwhelmingly vote to reject this last contract?? That doesn't sound to me like they were all in awe of the "prodigal son" as you put it. Just wondering!

I can't comment on what went on at any of these terminals since I wasn't there but wasn't 641 one of the few locals to overwhelmingly vote to reject this last contract?? That doesn't sound to me like they were all in awe of the "prodigal son" as you put it. Just wondering!

yes but nj and ny voted in the turds that handed us this contract, by a land slide. much due to the arm twisting of their officers. i know iwas involved with the leedham campaign, and i talked to many men in both places, that said we need radical change, but they didnt vote that way! we may be stupid farmers and stump jumpers in pa, but we know when were getting screwed, and we vote the right way! look up the last election counts,and contract counts, and see for yourself.:chairshot::chairshot:

Greetings brother Teamsters! I'm #122 out of 134 on my dock board ( laid off since the begining of Nov.) and waiting for guys to retire, but my question is how will the 4 hr casuals affect the hiring of full time guys under me so that I can move up?

No offense intended STLdockdawg, but here's a thought. (And I'm ready to get bashed by some people for expressing it).

Instead of waiting for guys to retire in order to move up the list and have more job security, wouldn't it be much better if we all did our jobs, serviced the customer, and helped the company get more business and in that way get more guys hired to do the additional work and thereby insure all of our futures there? Strange idea maybe??

No offense intended STLdockdawg, but here's a thought. (And I'm ready to get bashed by some people for expressing it).

Instead of waiting for guys to retire in order to move up the list and have more job security, wouldn't it be much better if we all did our jobs, serviced the customer, and helped the company get more business and in that way get more guys hired to do the additional work and thereby insure all of our futures there? Strange idea maybe??
I will be the first. :chairshot: If you honestly believe how the job is preformed by us will get more business its time to take a look around. Management says when loads move, how much to cram for load factor, how much discount given, if an early closer is on the back or in the nose. Please tell me how you think I can get more business, and I pray you don't say ask for just one more. Oh one last remark, I don't buy into the Mang hype that all Teamsters are lazy and napping under a shade tree.

just like you stood up during the last election,when the 641 mafia sent their goons to the pinebrook terminal ,to scare the leedham supporters, when tom was making a visit. and in edison they were tripping over them selves to get their picture taken with the prodigal son. you guys stick together in your barns, but you live in fear of your local agents. thats why there is never local elections over in nj. so dont **** down my neck , and tell me that its raining!:nutkick::chairshot:
"641 mafia goons" what mafia goons????? Wake up & smell the ****, rain or whatever it is thats running down your neck because you obviously don't know what you are talking about....Are they the same "641 mafia goons" that allowed a near riot at the 641 contract meeting? Or did they try & strongarm the JC73 delegates into voting for the Hoffa slate that just lost their election?
Did you know that the entire 560 executive board supported the Virtue/DiLeo slate against Hoffa's slate for the Int'l VP in the east? And that 560's calls to Hoffa & co. are not even returned.
As for the prodigal son in Edison, I assume that you are refering to Hoffa who was a no show at his rally in the East Brunswick NJ Yellow/Roadway terminals.

You really should stop listening to rumors. "641 mafia goons" Thats a laugh, 30 years ago maybe, but it 2008, 641 & 560 are squeeky clean