Yellow | Tentative 5 Year NMFA agreement - Breaking news

Why are we allowing this to go on?
The freight companies do this sh*t every damn contract!!!!
They lay guys off in November & December then tell us they need to compete with the non-unions.
There are articles all over telling about how terminals are swamped with freight and guys are getting more overtime than they can handle!!!!!!
Bring those laid off back to work and hold their feet to the fire in April!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
They want this contract signed EARLY
so they can get back to business as usual!!!!
Why are they signing another 5 year deal if things are so bad for them?
Let the contract at least come to an end before we tuck tail and run!
How in the hell are we ready to sign a deal 4 months before the exsisting contract is up????????????
They want to play this lay off game
Then let them play out all 4 quarters
You dont quit at half time
They want to get this sh*t done so they can bring those guys back to work so they can get the freight moving.
They bit off more than they can chew
and we are swallowing it for them!
The last 3 contracts have been done this way or are we too friggin stupid to see it?
If they want a contract early give them 2 years and lets re-negotiate at that time.
This way we will see what kind of changes they wish to make to compete with the non-unions. Just maybe we will see what shenanigans they are pulling!
I am a UNION guy 100% but lets at least see whats going on first. The veiw from being over this barrel so long is getting ugly!!!!
$1.00 for bennies
$2.55 over 5 years Another damn 50 f**king cent contract... GIVE US SOME MONEY FOR CH**ST SAKE!!!!
15 YEARS OF 50 CENT CONTRACTS
I GIVE MY KID MORE THAN THAT IN ALLOWANCE
:ShakeHandsNah: NO DEAL

Well, We have not seen it as of yet. I am not impressed with the rumors that I've heard. For example, "Why was Carlos Ramos taken off the negotiating committee?" Was he standing tough like I know him to be? Was he the stumbling block on the last few issue's? So instead of solving the problem, we get rid of the Teamster. Can't wait till I see it. I have voted "NO" on some contracts and "YES" on others. I will reserve my negative comments for later.

They lay guys off in November & December then tell us they need to compete with the non-unions.
There are articles all over telling about how terminals are swamped with freight and guys are getting more overtime than they can handle!!!!!!
Bring those laid off back to work and hold their feet to the fire in April!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
How in the hell are we ready to sign a deal 4 months before the exsisting contract is up????????????
They want to get this sh*t done so they can bring those guys back to work so they can get the freight moving.
The last 3 contracts have been done this way or are we too friggin stupid to see it?
If they want a contract early give them 2 years and lets re-negotiate at that time.
This way we will see what kind of changes they wish to make to compete with the non-unions. Just maybe we will see what shenanigans they are pulling!
I am a UNION guy 100% but lets at least see whats going on first. The veiw from being over this barrel so long is getting ugly!!!!
$1.00 for bennies
$2.55 over 5 years Another damn 50 f**king cent contract... GIVE US SOME MONEY FOR CH**ST SAKE!!!!

I wish we had more New Yorkers in Dallas that thot the same.

5 Year Contract

DRAGGNFLY, I could not have said it better myself!! Thank god a teamster with a brain that thinks for himself!! I can only hope there are many more brothers out there that will use their brain and their vote after they see what this terrific 5 year contract is going to give us. Another 5 years and 50 cent raises,boy you guys really know how to put the pressure on the companies when negotiating. If things are so bad sign up for 1 or 2 years and then we will open up talks again. I guess all those huge profits for the last 4 years dont mean anything.:chairshot:

I'm gonna sit on the fence until I see what the offer is. 50 cents a year isn't princely, but if essentially all else holds and interlining is addressed to keep our freight, for us to move, in this economy isn't bad. Remember we are facing an economy of 18 cent a mile Mexicans, a recession, high fuel prices and stiff competition. Look at what the non unions are doing to their employees, bending them over and shafting them hard. Read some of the other LTL forums.

I'm gonna sit on the fence until I see what the offer is. 50 cents a year isn't princely, but if essentially all else holds and interlining is addressed to keep our freight, for us to move, in this economy isn't bad. Remember we are facing an economy of 18 cent a mile Mexicans, a recession, high fuel prices and stiff competition. Look at what the non unions are doing to their employees, bending them over and shafting them hard. Read some of the other LTL forums.

Amen.. The biggest factor for me is health and welfare. I want to see what the real contract is before I come to any decision.
I really believe we need to also see what the UAW contract did for their members. NOTHING. And why are non union carriers hauling USF Holland trailers around? We have a ton of guys laid off and I see this type of stuff going on makes me wonder???????????

VWAGGS I agree with you, BUT i'm sure yrc is going to want to impliment some sort of short haul system in the future. This may change some work rules!!!

Amen.. The biggest factor for me is health and welfare. I want to see what the real contract is before I come to any decision.
I really believe we need to also see what the UAW contract did for their members. NOTHING. And why are non union carriers hauling USF Holland trailers around? We have a ton of guys laid off and I see this type of stuff going on makes me wonder???????????

Your right on the money there and I think you are onto something there with your concerns with USF too....:1036316054:

$1.00 for bennies

Now if they gave to us then the big man wouldn't get the big bonus for us doing such a great job for him

What are the non-union companies hauling USF trailers around? I dont see that happening out east. PM me if you have to I would be interested in hearing this.

$1.00 for bennies

B.O.H.I.C.A.!!!!
bend over here it comes again!!!!!:chairshot:

Political Retribution

Well, We have not seen it as of yet. I am not impressed with the rumors that I've heard. For example, "Why was Carlos Ramos taken off the negotiating committee?" Was he standing tough like I know him to be? Was he the stumbling block on the last few issue's? So instead of solving the problem, we get rid of the Teamster. Can't wait till I see it. I have voted "NO" on some contracts and "YES" on others. I will reserve my negative comments for later.

Don't be surprised about the Carlos thing Jack, if you bang heads with the incumbents it's only natural that they exact revenge. You know like not telling you when there is going to be a grievance meeting and allowing "Big ME" and "Mini ME" to speak for everyone.....The quicker they sign this contract, the quicker the company can go about it's business of gutting LCP and turning it into an EOL, just like they did COL.....watch and see.:smilie_132:

Our salesman came in Friday morning and passed out copies of the news flash that we had a tentative agreement. He was telling the drivers to spread the word to our customers that we had an agreement.

So now, since we don't have anything else to do, we are expected to do the sales job of announcing to our customers that we have a tentative agreement. We have guys laid off and most of the guys working are putting in 10 - 14 hours a day. GIVE US A BREAK!!!!

I have been in the union for over 30 years and I will tell you that we don't have a tentative agreement, we have a ratified contract. How many of you have talked to other members and been told that they didn't vote for the contract and yet it was approved by a majority vote.

i got in this over 30years ago we had a three year contract then it went to 4year now it 5 years what a joke they rake you over the coals in 5 years. like codebreaker said there no tentative to it its sign seal delivery i never vote yes on one contract but they past hands down everytime and so will this one. you can't fine very few that voted for it but it past's anyway. i can't stop wondering what you gave up and they gained that you want know about till after the vote

How many of you have talked to other members and been told that they didn't vote for the contract and yet it was approved by a majority vote.
check the voting percentage for each locals during the teamsters national election for president,very few even voted...do you think they are telling you the truth when saying they vote NO on a contract??

they tell you they vote no but.......... seating at the kitchen table with their wife telling them YOU CANT LOSE YOU JOB or strike the secert ballot becomes a yes ......... just a thought