Yellow | Tentative 5 Year NMFA agreement - Breaking news

where in the world are you getting this info? iv'e not seen anything close to that!!!!!!!! wow you really think we'd go from 0 to 400.00 - 600.00 a month for ins.?

Have you seen the UPS Freight Indi contract!!! $50.00 Mo. single $100.00 mo. couple &150.00 mo. family! Mustache Retired Roadway:smilie_132:

Have you seen the UPS Freight Indi contract!!! $50.00 Mo. single $100.00 mo. couple &150.00 mo. family! Mustache Retired Roadway:smilie_132:

they paid for their ins. BEFORE they bacame teamsters. the 50.00 a month is a lot less than the 400.00 a month as stated by screwedincol.. i never want to HELP OUT by paying part of anything because once you give it up you NEVER NEVER EVER get it back!!!!!!!!!!!!!:smilie_132:

I hope it's better than ours. Have you guy's noticed that under H JR every contract is the best ever. I havn't seen a good one yet. Our's never should have come up for a vote.

I hope it's better than ours. Have you guy's noticed that under H JR every contract is the best ever. I havn't seen a good one yet. Our's never should have come up for a vote.
Yeah, I think maybe H Jr. learned that line from Ron C.......remember those wonderful contracts he gave us?

I didn't care for Carey, and I can't stand Hoffa. I did vote this last election, just to make my voice heard, even though I knew that Hoffa would probably win with his car haulers and UPS backers. I noticed that Freight didn't support him as strongly as before, and no wonder with the contract as crappy as we have. In the end the president we get is a politician anymore, they broke the mold with Hoffa Sr., maybe someday, we'll get someone who actually gives a damn about the working man, I'll try to keep optimistic!

Hang in there.

Someone forwarded this thread to me, from what I have read it looks like you guys are worrying about the same stuff. Paying for your own medical. :1036316054:Im from Joke Harbor Freight Lines and management has been pumping us full of bad info on THEIR plan for 3 months now. Using DVD's, letter, and company meetings to try and rott the minds of fair weather teamsters and people who dont care to do research on their own.:shock: Sounds like you guys really dont hear what your company wants to do, but here is a little about ours so you can get an idea of what all the greedy upper management folk want. :greedy:They want to "give" us a 11% increase in pay, then for "comparable coverages" they want us to GIVE back 6% for 401K, cause we wont have a pension...and then 2% for medical. That leaves us with a 3% pay increase on a wage that has alread fallen behind. thats 3% for the life of the contract! what a joke! a retirement that is not watched by the government like union pensions, and regence medical with a million dollars difference in max usage and 7,000 dollar max out of pocket per family.:deal: Screw that. You guys hang in there is bad all over, read before you sign, help your brother if they dont see the truth, and stick together. Your votes affect all not one. If you wanna see what our company is offering check out this site OakhAnswers.com

In solidarity

We won't be paying for any of our health insurance. Take that to the bank.
Stl get it right man.:chairshot: We may not be paying any monthly premiums but my copays went up and we went from basicly 100% coverage to 80-20 on a lot of procedures. That in my book constitutes paying for part of my health care. :Duel: All after being told my bennies we protected for the life of the contract by the best contract ever.:cuss:

Wolf,
That's not a negotiated issue. The money put into the Funds is negotiated but what the Funds do to maintain the health of the Fund is done by the Board of Trustees.

Wolf,
I should add that I don't like what happened either, I guess in a lot of the Funds, but it is what it is and I don't dwell on it. What I was talking about was whether or not we'll contribute weekly or monthly just to have health and welfare....and we won't do that at least for 5 more years.

Your right I'll not argue that point. I guess it is whether Jr knew ahead of time it would or would'nt be enough last contract. You know how I feel about Jr and I think he took the easy way on it and knew darn well he did'nt negotiate enough and did'nt tell us to get a ratification:nutkick: and do I trust him this time? NO

Stl get it right man.:chairshot: We may not be paying any monthly premiums but my copays went up and we went from basicly 100% coverage to 80-20 on a lot of procedures. That in my book constitutes paying for part of my health care. :Duel: All after being told my bennies we protected for the life of the contract by the best contract ever.:cuss:

Personally, if I had to give something up I'd rather have to pay a small percentage of something I MAY use than having to pay every week for something I may never use.

Your right I'll not argue that point. I guess it is whether Jr knew ahead of time it would or would'nt be enough last contract. You know how I fell about Jr and I think he took the easy way on it and knew darn well he did'nt negotiate enough and did'nt tell us to get a ratification:nutkick: and do I trust him this time? NO
I don't doubt this one bit. We, as Teamsters, face an uphill longterm battle to maintain the standards at the current level when the benefit levels and working flexibility of the competition is entirely changeable at the non Companies whim.

Personally, if I had to give something up I'd rather have to pay a small percentage of something I MAY use than having to pay every week for something I may never use.
CFer I understand what your saying and when I never had to use it I would have agreed 100% but I pray you or even worse the Old Lady never have to use it. You then very well may learn to sing harmony with me.:holysheep: I guess right now I'm just the unfortunate one. :smilie_132:

CFer I understand what your saying and when I never had to use it I would have agreed 100% but I pray you or even worse the Old Lady never have to use it. You then very well may learn to sing harmony with me.:holysheep: I guess right now I'm just the unfortunate one. :smilie_132:

I do understand exactly what you're saying Wolf. I also have 80/20 coverage for certain services but I also have a max out of pocket expense per year of $1000. After I've spent that, everything is covered at 100%.

For my situation, I'd rather pay nothing for my benefits and take the gamble that I won't reach the $1000 max for out of pocket expenses anually.

I'm still pretty young (41) and in pretty good health overall so my expenses have been minimal. My views may change as I get older but knowing that the entire healthcare system in this country in in crisis, I'm pretty happy with what I've got now.

I do understand exactly what you're saying Wolf. I also have 80/20 coverage for certain services but I also have a max out of pocket expense per year of $1000. After I've spent that, everything is covered at 100%.

For my situation, I'd rather pay nothing for my benefits and take the gamble that I won't reach the $1000 max for out of pocket expenses anually.

I'm still pretty young (41) and in pretty good health overall so my expenses have been minimal. My views may change as I get older but knowing that the entire healthcare system in this country in in crisis, I'm pretty happy with what I've got now.
It's definatly all in ones perspective, I will say you are right that we have it darn well better than most,:duh: sometimes I forget and want it all.:icon_dance::rolleyes1:

contract

our union meeting local 600 stl yellow freight needs 1.8 billion dollars to pay for the 5yearcontract so far they have not secured any loans since our stock is in junk status on the good side all h&w and pension will be onthe company no cost to us. chuck mack has refused to sign any supplements so far our meeting was this morning dec 16th also yellow was given truckload opportuinty with yrc logistics and they will be union accordingto dan mckay our president who was on the two man negociating teams thats about all we where told they return jan 8 for final contract our netx meeting will be jan 13th