Yellow | Tentative 5 Year NMFA agreement - Breaking news

they cut the board in half was supposed to 106 jobs left but they only got 69 bids? lot of guys jobless lucky i got out stuck in indy now they got 25 layed off good luck all

they cut the board in half was supposed to 106 jobs left but they only got 69 bids? lot of guys jobless lucky i got out stuck in indy now they got 25 layed off good luck all

Im Ready 2 Strike!!! Its Only Going Be Worse Than The Last One The Company Takes What It Wants Anyhow. If The Place Goes Under So Be It. We Are So Overloaded With ***** Its The Only Way To Get Rid Of Them. Because You Know They Wont Stand Around A Barrel And Walk A Line. Theyll Go Back To There Old Ways. Lets Get Rid Of Them.it Will Also Get Rid Of Some Overzealous Supervisors, You Know The Ones... Living Beyond Theyre Means Up To There Eyeballs In Debt.
Your crazy. I was a teamster for 13 years I started with P.I.E the C.F. I moved after C.F closed and the only came it town where I moved was Con-Way. You have so many benifits in the Union that you take for granted. The thing I miss the most about the union is work rules in writing but the list is a lot longer than that. I m not saying sign anything but I will say that the absolute worst contract they come up with is better than no contract, no work rules, no pension, being at there mercy for every stupid flavor of the month policy they come up with. If you are finacially secure then good for you but think about all those that arn't? If somethng happens to yellow that is the end of the teamsters in LTL. Not to mention all the good paying(al least) non union jobs will be gone as well. As soon as the however small threat of going teamsters is gone.Con way and fed ex will be cutting wages and increasing heath cost the next day.

Im Ready 2 Strike!!! Its Only Going Be Worse Than The Last One The Company Takes What It Wants Anyhow. If The Place Goes Under So Be It. We Are So Overloaded With ***** Its The Only Way To Get Rid Of Them. Because You Know They Wont Stand Around A Barrel And Walk A Line. Theyll Go Back To There Old Ways. Lets Get Rid Of Them.it Will Also Get Rid Of Some Overzealous Supervisors, You Know The Ones... Living Beyond Theyre Means Up To There Eyeballs In Debt.
Your crazy. I was a teamster for 13 years I started with P.I.E the C.F. I moved after C.F closed and the only came it town where I moved was Con-Way. You have so many benifits in the Union that you take for granted. The thing I miss the most about the union is work rules in writing but the list is a lot longer than that. I m not saying sign anything but I will say that the absolute worst contract they come up with is better than no contract, no work rules, no pension, being at there mercy for every stupid flavor of the month policy they come up with. If you are finacially secure then good for you but think about all those that arn't? If somethng happens to yellow that is the end of the teamsters in LTL. Not to mention all the good paying(al least) non union jobs will be gone as well. As soon as the however small threat of going teamsters is gone.Con way and fed ex will be cutting wages and increasing heath cost the next day.

STRIKE???????????

WHY even think of that?????

We're losing business all over the place to the Non-Unions, mostly on pricing; we're laying people off because we are losing that work (again because mostly we're being underbid); ....we might possibly be getting a 50cent a year raise for each of the next five years, keeping our Healthcare PAID FOR-- and you want to Strike?????????? Makes absolutely no sense to me......

STRIKE???????????

We're losing business all over the place to the Non-Unions, mostly on pricing; we're laying people off because we are losing that work (again because mostly we're being underbid); ....we might possibly be getting a 50cent a year raise for each of the next five years, keeping our Healthcare PAID FOR-- and you want to Strike?????????? Makes absolutely no sense to me......

Question guys? Just what would it take to get some of you to strike? Some of you are coming across like anything Yrc wants is fine as long as I still got a job. Has the company finally gottin us all to believe we are worth nothing and therefore will settle for anything? We very well may have an excellent offer coming but I get the impression many of you are running scared and have allready marked your ballots yes. Man last thing I want to do is strike but this job is not that good that I will give anything to keep it. Honest I believe there is a life for us after YRC. :1036316054:

Question guys? Just what would it take to get some of you to strike? Some of you are coming across like anything Yrc wants is fine as long as I still got a job. Has the company finally gottin us all to believe we are worth nothing and therefore will settle for anything? We very well may have an excellent offer coming but I get the impression many of you are running scared and have allready marked your ballots yes. Man last thing I want to do is strike but this job is not that good that I will give anything to keep it. Honest I believe there is a life for us after YRC. :1036316054:

HERE HERE BROTHER!!!!!!
Tuck tail and run is the way to go!!!!!!
These morons wonder why they only get 50 cent raises.
There is no fight left in these people
if there was any to begin with.
Im with you Wolf !!! This job is not the greatest thing since sliced bread!
It also isnt bad, but if we dont give a little fight the contracts only get worse. as we have seen the last 15 years

IN NUMBERS THERE IS STRENGTH

HERE HERE BROTHER!!!!!!
Tuck tail and run is the way to go!!!!!!
These morons wonder why they only get 50 cent raises.
There is no fight left in these people
if there was any to begin with.
Im with you Wolf !!! This job is not the greatest thing since sliced bread!
It also isnt bad, but if we dont give a little fight the contracts only get worse. as we have seen the last 15 years

IN NUMBERS THERE IS STRENGTH

You can't compare today's members with the ones of 35-40 years ago! Back then, like in the 1970 33 day "wildcat strike", it got real ugly! But a man had to do what a man had to do to protect his livelihood and the union, and if it meant throwing bricks, cutting air lines, or even shooting at trucks, that what was done! When things got real ugly on the strip by the Ohio Turnpike in Ohio, then Governor Rhodes called out the Ohio National Guard to protect the s**b drivers who kept running! He burned out the guardsman by working them long shifts for weeks into the strike, then when it was over, he sent them over to Kent State in May...and well the rest is history! (Four Dead in O-hi-O)! My hat is off to those old timers who virtually laid down their lives for our Union! Today, a lot of guys would run you down on the picket line to get inside to get a days pay! Times....they have changed!

You can't compare today's members with the ones of 35-40 years ago! Back then, like in the 1970 33 day "wildcat strike", it got real ugly! But a man had to do what a man had to do to protect his livelihood and the union, and if it meant throwing bricks, cutting air lines, or even shooting at trucks, that what was done! When things got real ugly on the strip by the Ohio Turnpike in Ohio, then Governor Rhodes called out the Ohio National Guard to protect the s**b drivers who kept running! He burned out the guardsman by working them long shifts for weeks into the strike, then when it was over, he sent them over to Kent State in May...and well the rest is history! (Four Dead in O-hi-O)! My hat is off to those old timers who virtually laid down their lives for our Union! Today, a lot of guys would run you down on the picket line to get inside to get a days pay! Times....they have changed!

STRIKE???????????

We are losing business because the management in place forgot how to run a truckline this last couple of years. Here in KC we miss several pickups everyday thats with over 70 drivers on the street a day maxing to 60 hours by friday. The dock is also maxing hours.
I guess we all forgot about all the record profits the last 5+ years. If 50 cents is what the raise will be it sucks. Keep our healthcare and pension and come up with a better raise the company will still make a profit. 20 bucks a week sucks. Im not saying Strike em but if this contract sucks vote it down, make them go back to the table there is still time to get better if this is no good. If you end up losing anything in this contract its no good vote no.

STRIKE???????????

We are losing business because the management in place forgot how to run a truckline this last couple of years. Here in KC we miss several pickups everyday thats with over 70 drivers on the street a day maxing to 60 hours by friday. The dock is also maxing hours.
I guess we all forgot about all the record profits the last 5+ years. If 50 cents is what the raise will be it sucks. Keep our healthcare and pension and come up with a better raise the company will still make a profit. 20 bucks a week sucks. Im not saying Strike em but if this contract sucks vote it down, make them go back to the table there is still time to get better if this is no good. If you end up losing anything in this contract its no good vote no.

Get a life.

>But a man had to do what a man had to do to protect his livelihood and the union, and if it meant throwing bricks, cutting air lines, or even shooting at trucks, that what was done!<
Hey look it pal-is that what you're saying needs to be done? Answer the question!
Maybe I should show you some pictures of a trucker that lost his life with those very tactics.
I DON&quot;T EVER NEED THIS JOB THAT BAD I HAVE TO HURT OTHERS TO KEEP IT!!!!!!!!!!
You are to most pitied.
Hope you have a Merry Christmas.

Get a life.

>But a man had to do what a man had to do to protect his livelihood and the union, and if it meant throwing bricks, cutting air lines, or even shooting at trucks, that what was done!<
Hey look it pal-is that what you're saying needs to be done? Answer the question!
Maybe I should show you some pictures of a trucker that lost his life with those very tactics.
I DON&quot;T EVER NEED THIS JOB THAT BAD I HAVE TO HURT OTHERS TO KEEP IT!!!!!!!!!!
You are to most pitied.
Hope you have a Merry Christmas.

Super this is a hard one to argue.:hide: Common sense and common good does not trump greed and lack of testosterone. So what is your plan to get those so inflicted to go along? Man I tried to finish this post and no mater what I type it will not come out &quot;politicly correct&quot;. So if you would please, enlighten me so that I might understand:red_bandana: And to you sir &quot;Merry Christmas&quot;