Yellow | Tentative 5 Year NMFA agreement - Breaking news

Super this is a hard one to argue.:hide: Common sense and common good does not trump greed and lack of testosterone. So what is your plan to get those so inflicted to go along? Man I tried to finish this post and no mater what I type it will not come out "politicly correct". So if you would please, enlighten me so that I might understand:red_bandana: And to you sir "Merry Christmas"

I guess we all forgot about all the record profits the last 5+ years. If 50 cents is what the raise will be it sucks. Keep our healthcare and pension and come up with a better raise the company will still make a profit. 20 bucks a week sucks.

We haven't seen the contract yet, so we don't know anything. Let's look, however, at these figures. You're talking "record profits" of YRC, not Yellow. How many people get this additional $20.00 per week, PLUS $40.00 per week in additional benefits, times each employee times 5 years ($100 per week in pay-- $200 per week in benefits?)....15,000 employees-- I'd guess more. It might actually be around 45,000 people counting all the Divisons.... I don't know the figures. But it ain't cheap. Compare that with Non-Union. Slightly less than our pay-- zero money out of the company for Benefits. So right there they can offer $1,000 or more per employee per month in discounts to haul a customer's freight. We lose freight over pennies, not dollars. I figured with us losing so much freight lately, they'd come back and tell us to stay where we are pay-wise, and up the co-pay for healthcare. Instead they supposedly offer us raises, and better benes. Depending on the work-rules, I'm satisfied with the pay. I'd guess I'm a Realist. The Devil's in the Work-rules and the Details.

I guess we all forgot about all the record profits the last 5+ years. If 50 cents is what the raise will be it sucks. Keep our healthcare and pension and come up with a better raise the company will still make a profit. 20 bucks a week sucks.

We haven't seen the contract yet, so we don't know anything. Let's look, however, at these figures. You're talking "record profits" of YRC, not Yellow. How many people get this additional $20.00 per week, PLUS $40.00 per week in additional benefits, times each employee times 5 years ($100 per week in pay-- $200 per week in benefits?)....15,000 employees-- I'd guess more. It might actually be around 45,000 people counting all the Divisons.... I don't know the figures. But it ain't cheap. Compare that with Non-Union. Slightly less than our pay-- zero money out of the company for Benefits. So right there they can offer $1,000 or more per employee per month in discounts to haul a customer's freight. We lose freight over pennies, not dollars. I figured with us losing so much freight lately, they'd come back and tell us to stay where we are pay-wise, and up the co-pay for healthcare. Instead they supposedly offer us raises, and better benes. Depending on the work-rules, I'm satisfied with the pay. I'd guess I'm a Realist. The Devil's in the Work-rules and the Details.

Hey jimmy if thats not fuzzy math I dont know what is??????????????
Per week by 5yrs then by the month for non-unions.
If youre going to do math do it all on the same level
If you want to put out numbers put them out correctly
If (remember this is if) the contract is going to be what everyone is yapping about
$20 per week (pay raise)
+$40 per week (benefit Contribution)
=$60 per week
X4 weeks for the month
=$240 per month not $1000
x 52 weeks in a year
x 15,000 employees
=36 million a year
x 5yrs
=180 million
So we get a total of 180 million dollars to pay for everyones raises and benefits for the next 5 yrs.
Now lets subtract that from
THE 800 MILLION FOR
YELLOWS NET PROFIT FROM THE 2ND QUARTER ALONE OF 2007
$ 800 MILLION
- 180 MILLION
= 620 MILLION (NET PROFIT)
NOW IF YOU WANT 45000 EMPLOYEES
800 MILLION
- 540 MILLION
= 260 MILLION THIS IS STILL THE COMPANIES NET PROFIT FOR : "JUST THE 2ND QUARTER OF 2007"
SO I THINK WE ARE JUSTIFIED TO BE ASKING FOR A LITTLE BIT BIGGER PIECE OF THE PIE

Im not saying lets strike but its 4 months before the contract expires
The end of the 4th quarter is upon us
They want to get back to business as usual for the start of the new fiscal year
Lets see what happens at the begining of the 1st quarter before we sign anything!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IN NUMBERS THERE IS STRENGTH!!!!!

Hey jimmy if thats not fuzzy math I dont know what is??????????????
Per week by 5yrs then by the month for non-unions.
If youre going to do math do it all on the same level
If you want to put out numbers put them out correctly
If (remember this is if) the contract is going to be what everyone is yapping about
$20 per week (pay raise)
+$40 per week (benefit Contribution)
=$60 per week
X4 weeks for the month
=$240 per month not $1000
x 52 weeks in a year
x 15,000 employees
=36 million a year
x 5yrs
=180 million
So we get a total of 180 million dollars to pay for everyones raises and benefits for the next 5 yrs.
Now lets subtract that from
THE 800 MILLION FOR
YELLOWS NET PROFIT FROM THE 2ND QUARTER ALONE OF 2007
$ 800 MILLION
- 180 MILLION
= 620 MILLION (NET PROFIT)
NOW IF YOU WANT 45000 EMPLOYEES
800 MILLION
- 540 MILLION
= 260 MILLION THIS IS STILL THE COMPANIES NET PROFIT FOR : "JUST THE 2ND QUARTER OF 2007"
SO I THINK WE ARE JUSTIFIED TO BE ASKING FOR A LITTLE BIT BIGGER PIECE OF THE PIE

Im not saying lets strike but its 4 months before the contract expires
The end of the 4th quarter is upon us
They want to get back to business as usual for the start of the new fiscal year
Lets see what happens at the begining of the 1st quarter before we sign anything!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IN NUMBERS THERE IS STRENGTH!!!!!

We won't be paying for any of our health insurance. Take that to the bank.

Wow stldude Your telling all of the guys on the UPSF board to jump on that contract and be glad to pay our bennies but you arent willing to Whats up with that ?

We won't be paying for any of our health insurance. Take that to the bank.

Wow stldude Your telling all of the guys on the UPSF board to jump on that contract and be glad to pay our bennies but you arent willing to Whats up with that ?

I never said it was right! I don't condone violence, but I was pointing out the difference between being a Union Member back in the 70's compared to what it is today. Today a lot of people consider their union card a work permit. When it comes to participating in a job action against an employer or getting involved at all in any Union activities, they could care less. I call them "IMSTERS"! They aren't real Teamsters and they would stab their "brothers" in the back to get another 2 hours of overtime! The days of our unions real power are over, and we will have to fight our future battles with our union leaders, the politicians, and the coporate goons who will try to take it all away from us! You have a Merry Christmas too brother!

I never said it was right! I don't condone violence, but I was pointing out the difference between being a Union Member back in the 70's compared to what it is today. Today a lot of people consider their union card a work permit. When it comes to participating in a job action against an employer or getting involved at all in any Union activities, they could care less. I call them "IMSTERS"! They aren't real Teamsters and they would stab their "brothers" in the back to get another 2 hours of overtime! The days of our unions real power are over, and we will have to fight our future battles with our union leaders, the politicians, and the coporate goons who will try to take it all away from us! You have a Merry Christmas too brother!

How well I remember those days,when real TEAMSTERS had balls and were not afraid to go to jail or werever to fight for what we deserve. I worked for a company In1977 that is now long gone and we had runs from Pittsburgh to Philadelphia acrossed the mountains ,back roads,no turnpike,and mostly 2 lane,we were told by our stewards that that run takes 8 hrs. and don't do it in less.If you did, the first time you had a flat tire on your car when you got in.The next time,a broken windshield,and if you still did'nt get the hint they just got you between two trailers and kicked your sorry ***,and guess what? everyone took 8 hrs. on the run.But somewere along the line language got put in the contract that does not allow a steward to communicate this type of info to a new driver anymore.
I watch these guys today and think back and most of them would have flat tires ,broken windshields,and a bunch of broken bones,if they pulled some of the ::shit:: they do now,like running to the terminal as soon as they are called instead of takeing their 2 hrs. so they can screw a brother and get home and get on the board ahead of him.
These guys today are not Teamsters,they are company robots that pay union dues ,just read some of the posts on here,their more worried about company functions than they are about union functions,they don't have time to attend meetings,and thats another thing the companies have done,they make sure that we are working so we can't attend meetings,but attendance is still too low,and noone can tell me that everyone is working on meeting day.
I guess what I'm trying to say is that it does'nt matter what company name you wear an your uniform ,it's the TEAMSTER,patch that counts.
All that being said I would like to wish all of you a merry Christmas and a better new year.

How well I remember those days,when real TEAMSTERS had balls and were not afraid to go to jail or werever to fight for what we deserve. I worked for a company In1977 that is now long gone and we had runs from Pittsburgh to Philadelphia acrossed the mountains ,back roads,no turnpike,and mostly 2 lane,we were told by our stewards that that run takes 8 hrs. and don't do it in less.If you did, the first time you had a flat tire on your car when you got in.The next time,a broken windshield,and if you still did'nt get the hint they just got you between two trailers and kicked your sorry ***,and guess what? everyone took 8 hrs. on the run.But somewere along the line language got put in the contract that does not allow a steward to communicate this type of info to a new driver anymore.
I watch these guys today and think back and most of them would have flat tires ,broken windshields,and a bunch of broken bones,if they pulled some of the ::shit:: they do now,like running to the terminal as soon as they are called instead of takeing their 2 hrs. so they can screw a brother and get home and get on the board ahead of him.
These guys today are not Teamsters,they are company robots that pay union dues ,just read some of the posts on here,their more worried about company functions than they are about union functions,they don't have time to attend meetings,and thats another thing the companies have done,they make sure that we are working so we can't attend meetings,but attendance is still too low,and noone can tell me that everyone is working on meeting day.
I guess what I'm trying to say is that it does'nt matter what company name you wear an your uniform ,it's the TEAMSTER,patch that counts.
All that being said I would like to wish all of you a merry Christmas and a better new year.

I believe the correct terminology is "MEE STER" tHE WORLD went bad somewhere and people just don't stick together any more.

I think most people that visit this place are informed. The chore is to educate the "MEE STERS" so that they can be informed as well.

I don't think that it is a testosterone or having little balls problem, it's more that it is just a whole lot easier not to get involved, take a back seat and let the real teamsters fight their battles for them so the company doesn't take any disiplinary action against them. Fade into the wood work.

That's the whole problem in a nutshell. If there were more people that took the time to get involved and spoke up for their rights and quit taking the back seat half of this garbage wouldn't happen!

One of my dreams would be to have every teamster member stick together and do things that is best for all instead of thinking about themselves.
How strong could we be if we were all united??? Pretty strong I'd wager.

Read about the Itallians and the recent strike, they shut the whole country down "together" ! Why did they strike.......... Price of Diesel, long hours and foreign replacement drivers. Sounds like this country except they know how to work as a union and pull together for a good cause.

Enough said:chairshot:!

I believe the correct terminology is "MEE STER" tHE WORLD went bad somewhere and people just don't stick together any more.

I think most people that visit this place are informed. The chore is to educate the "MEE STERS" so that they can be informed as well.

I don't think that it is a testosterone or having little balls problem, it's more that it is just a whole lot easier not to get involved, take a back seat and let the real teamsters fight their battles for them so the company doesn't take any disiplinary action against them. Fade into the wood work.

That's the whole problem in a nutshell. If there were more people that took the time to get involved and spoke up for their rights and quit taking the back seat half of this garbage wouldn't happen!

One of my dreams would be to have every teamster member stick together and do things that is best for all instead of thinking about themselves.
How strong could we be if we were all united??? Pretty strong I'd wager.

Read about the Itallians and the recent strike, they shut the whole country down "together" ! Why did they strike.......... Price of Diesel, long hours and foreign replacement drivers. Sounds like this country except they know how to work as a union and pull together for a good cause.

Enough said:chairshot:!

Yup. In Cro-Magnum Days, men clubbed the women they wanted until they gave in too. Even here in America, Slaves were whipped at high noon on the public square and in the time of early organizaton, lynching was common.....

Why post this stuff? Why in the world be proud of it? Believe me, this is exactly the kind of post Teamsters do NOT need-- this is Bulletin Board Materiel for every Non-Union Company in America as to why to NOT go Union....... To promote the Teamsters, and get others to join, we need to focus on the brighter future, not the thuggery of the past. It's one of the main reasons I don't go to the meetings......

Yup. In Cro-Magnum Days, men clubbed the women they wanted until they gave in too. Even here in America, Slaves were whipped at high noon on the public square and in the time of early organizaton, lynching was common.....

Why post this stuff? Why in the world be proud of it? Believe me, this is exactly the kind of post Teamsters do NOT need-- this is Bulletin Board Materiel for every Non-Union Company in America as to why to NOT go Union....... To promote the Teamsters, and get others to join, we need to focus on the brighter future, not the thuggery of the past. It's one of the main reasons I don't go to the meetings......

And when we wanted representation with our taxation we just asked for it. England loved us so much we got it, right. And WW 1 & 2 were settled by rubbing noses and patting arses, right. This is just the way it is since we were kicked out of the "Garden of Eden" I don't like it either but sometimes it takes force to get something done. I am sorry that it takes force against "Brothers" instead of the company but it is what it is. And trust me it's BS about guys not wanting to join because of our "Bad" repatation it's the lack of tetosterone period. If Teamsters would take the heat and go to jail or take the busted heads instead of them standing for themselves the would be signing cards tomorrow. Just bare with us just a little longer and all the Neandrethals will be gone and then all you Generation X'rs or whatever your called now can do it your way. Just don't blame us for "selling you out to get ours" cuz I really don't think your way will work. We shall see. :smilies-19296: And one last thing the reason I'm registered on this board is I DO GET TO SHARE MY POINT OF VEIW just like you. :1036316054:

And when we wanted representation with our taxation we just asked for it. England loved us so much we got it, right. And WW 1 & 2 were settled by rubbing noses and patting arses, right. This is just the way it is since we were kicked out of the "Garden of Eden" I don't like it either but sometimes it takes force to get something done. I am sorry that it takes force against "Brothers" instead of the company but it is what it is. And trust me it's BS about guys not wanting to join because of our "Bad" repatation it's the lack of tetosterone period. If Teamsters would take the heat and go to jail or take the busted heads instead of them standing for themselves the would be signing cards tomorrow. Just bare with us just a little longer and all the Neandrethals will be gone and then all you Generation X'rs or whatever your called now can do it your way. Just don't blame us for "selling you out to get ours" cuz I really don't think your way will work. We shall see. :smilies-19296: And one last thing the reason I'm registered on this board is I DO GET TO SHARE MY POINT OF VEIW just like you. :1036316054:

As one guy I work with says:

"HooKay, Cap'n"................personally I'd say you're mixing Rightous Self Defense with Thuggery, Ganglike Slaying Mentality, and Mob Rule, but that's just me........WWII was to stop the World from being taken over by (⊙▃⊙)s, and the American Revolution was about King George's Tyranny-- that's at least just a tiny bit different than Yellow's work rules to me........I only wish people would get this passionate to stop our Marxist government here in the USA, since 1935, and return us back to being a Free Nation.....

Now, back to the new contract......

What's wrong with raises? What makes you think they (like is always said about "the Rich") can "afford more"? First, it's THEIR money-- not ours. Second-- they have to be attractive to investors, or every invstor will bail out. Third, they have to have capital for fleet improvement. Fourth-- they have to be able to keep freight, which doesn't seem to be happening right now as we "down-size", or whatever Dollar Bill calls it. I'm not "taking the company stance" at all-- I just say that if it is $2.55 an hour plus $1.00 in benes-- I believe that is more than fair.....

(And to answer about the "$1,000 per month" that I talked about-- it's IS at least $1,000 per month the Non-U's can offer in discounts, since they pay nothing into their employees benes, and Yellow does for us....)

As one guy I work with says:

"HooKay, Cap'n"................personally I'd say you're mixing Rightous Self Defense with Thuggery, Ganglike Slaying Mentality, and Mob Rule, but that's just me........WWII was to stop the World from being taken over by (⊙▃⊙)s, and the American Revolution was about King George's Tyranny-- that's at least just a tiny bit different than Yellow's work rules to me........I only wish people would get this passionate to stop our Marxist government here in the USA, since 1935, and return us back to being a Free Nation.....

Now, back to the new contract......

What's wrong with raises? What makes you think they (like is always said about "the Rich") can "afford more"? First, it's THEIR money-- not ours. Second-- they have to be attractive to investors, or every invstor will bail out. Third, they have to have capital for fleet improvement. Fourth-- they have to be able to keep freight, which doesn't seem to be happening right now as we "down-size", or whatever Dollar Bill calls it. I'm not "taking the company stance" at all-- I just say that if it is $2.55 an hour plus $1.00 in benes-- I believe that is more than fair.....

(And to answer about the "$1,000 per month" that I talked about-- it's IS at least $1,000 per month the Non-U's can offer in discounts, since they pay nothing into their employees benes, and Yellow does for us....)

I'm with you Wolf!
People can make all the excuses they want about what the Union does or doesn't do for you or to you. But if you want to stay informed or want to make change, *****ing to your buddy in the break room won't cut it! Go to the meetings! You can make a difference.