FedEx Freight | The bogus union

... And the wonderful Teamsters are going to sprinkle fairy dust and unicorn farts around and everything will be wonderful. Screw the teamsters and everything they stand for. If you hate FXF QUIT and move on.

Here one of my new favorite quotes, and it applies, since you hate "everything the Teamsters stand for" EVERYTHING?

"The Bureau of Labor Statistics reports that last year median weekly earnings for union members were $200 higher than for non-union workers. That's not pocket change, and it doesn't even account for the superior benefits enjoyed by union members," said Labor Secretary Thomas Perez.

Here one of my new favorite quotes, and it applies, since you hate "everything the Teamsters stand for" EVERYTHING?

"The Bureau of Labor Statistics reports that last year median weekly earnings for union members were $200 higher than for non-union workers. That's not pocket change, and it doesn't even account for the superior benefits enjoyed by union members," said Labor Secretary Thomas Perez.
I will never be part of the IBT. Never have never will. I am to independent of a person to just follow the crowd. I'm not HERD mentality person. If I ever feel like FXF is treating wrong I will just move on to greener pastures. I have NO problem with that. But you will never see me with a union card in my hand unless it's to burn it.

Last edited by a moderator:
I will never be part of the IBT. Never have never will. I am to independent of a person to just follow the crowd. I'm not HERD mentality person. If I ever feel like FXF is treating wrong I will just move on to greener pastures. I have NO problem with that. But you will never see me with a union card in my hand unless it's to burn it.

You have personal reasons for your position, and fear of what the company might do is NOT one of them. I can respect that part.

. I know more than I want to know about the IBT my father was a Teamster. I saw how his BROTHERS treated him when they had a strike back in the 60's and he had a young family to feed and he crossed a picket line. Saw 3 of his so called BROTHERS come to our house and threaten him. Screw the teamsters and everything they stand for. If you hate FXF QUIT and move on.
So you hate an entire union with 1 million plus members because of a threat that was made 50 years ago. Maybe your father's "so called" brothers also had families to support and his crossing their picket line weakened the strikers position. Maybe the strike breakers kept the company from bargaining in good faith and actually prolonged the strike.............Hate all you want but have no fear. I doubt you will ever see another strike in the LTL industry. Union or not you don't have to worry about a strike at FedEx, Conway or any other freight company.............Too much competition.

I understand your way of thinking to a point. I've always looked at the union as being for people who are independent. People who refuse to be pushed around, and people who are pro company as like you say it, people with a herd mentality. Not trying to attack you, just thought it was funny that we think alike just the other way around.

Drama major in college.

Been with FXF for 14 years. Never been disrespected by our CCM. where a small terminal 30 drivers. has FXF come up with some BS rules OH yea they have. I just don't see where y'all think the teamsters are going to make it better? Y'all complain about the money Fred Smith makes. He earned every penny. How many of you cry babies out there would have taken the risks that he did to build this company. Non of you. all you want to do is cry about how bad you have it. And the wonderful Teamsters are going to sprinkle fairy dust and unicorn farts around and everything will be wonderful. Grow up. If you hate FXF that much MOVE ON to better job. If you want to make the kind of money that upper management makes. Get a degree and go for it. Nothing stopping you BUT you. If you got in to the trucking Biz to get rich You better stop sniffing glue. I make a good living at FXF. and have since I started here. Been driving trucks for 35 years and have worked for a whole lot worse. Is FXF perfect not by a long shot. Could they be better Sure they could. But if you think the teamsters are the answer boy are y'all in for a surprise. I know more than I want to know about the IBT my father was a Teamster. I saw how his BROTHERS treated him when they had a strike back in the 60's and he had a young family to feed and he crossed a picket line. Saw 3 of his so called BROTHERS come to our house and threaten him. Screw the teamsters and everything they stand for. If you hate FXF QUIT and move on.

they handled it text book for the time,for 60s teamsters they seemed a little soft.

Ask the next YRC driver you see, how many times he's moved to follow the freight. You might be surprised.

Guardrail

No surprise here. That language was negotiated into the NMFA many years ago. The right to follow work should the company change the operation and move that work elsewhere. This is based on seniority of course. Having the choice is a beautiful thing. I have been through a half dozen change of operations with my current employer. In the near 30 years I've been with them, only one change was appealing. I was not at risk of losing my job and opted to stay put. My father on the other hand did take advantage of that language and moved to a warmer climate and better job with his company then retired a few years later.

Sent from my SGH-T399 using Tapatalk

So you hate an entire union with 1 million plus members because of a threat that was made 50 years ago. Maybe your father's "so called" brothers also had families to support and his crossing their picket line weakened the strikers position. Maybe the strike breakers kept the company from bargaining in good faith and actually prolonged the strike.............Hate all you want but have no fear. I doubt you will ever see another strike in the LTL industry. Union or not you don't have to worry about a strike at FedEx, Conway or any other freight company.............Too much competition.

Defending the union that threatened his family? Wow. . Never another strike. . You must have a crystal ball. Or using crystal meth.

Defending the union that threatened his family? Wow. . Never another strike. . You must have a crystal ball. Or using crystal meth.
A poor job of changing my words. First off they supposedly only threatened his father and not his family like you claim................ I wasn't defending the union. I only offered the possibility that those 3 brothers might also have had families to support and his fathers crossing their picket line may well have prolonged negotiations and hurt their ability to provide for their families. Who's to know exactly what may have happened 50 years ago?

No crystal ball or crystal meth just common sense. With the demise of the NMFA there isn't any logical reason to strike a single company. UPSF, ABF and the YRCW companies all have separate contracts that expire on different dates. It will be the same for FedEx, Conway and any other LTL company that may join the union. To force a strike due to stalled negotiations would IMO be ******* for any freight company. Like I said there is too much competition out there

Yes I do HATE the teamsters with every fiber in my soul. And if you really think that the mentality of the IBT has changed you better wake up and smell the coffee.

so I guess if the union comes to fedex you will QUIT AND MOVE ON? yee haa see you bye now later gator don't let the door hit you on your way out.

see you hope your next endeavor works out for you. GO UNION.

Been with FXF for 14 years. Never been disrespected by our CCM. where a small terminal 30 drivers. has FXF come up with some BS rules OH yea they have. I just don't see where y'all think the teamsters are going to make it better? Y'all complain about the money Fred Smith makes. He earned every penny. How many of you cry babies out there would have taken the risks that he did to build this company. Non of you. all you want to do is cry about how bad you have it. And the wonderful Teamsters are going to sprinkle fairy dust and unicorn farts around and everything will be wonderful. Grow up. If you hate FXF that much MOVE ON to better job. If you want to make the kind of money that upper management makes. Get a degree and go for it. Nothing stopping you BUT you. If you got in to the trucking Biz to get rich You better stop sniffing glue. I make a good living at FXF. and have since I started here. Been driving trucks for 35 years and have worked for a whole lot worse. Is FXF perfect not by a long shot. Could they be better Sure they could. But if you think the teamsters are the answer boy are y'all in for a surprise. I know more than I want to know about the IBT my father was a Teamster. I saw how his BROTHERS treated him when they had a strike back in the 60's and he had a young family to feed and he crossed a picket line. Saw 3 of his so called BROTHERS come to our house and threaten him. Screw the teamsters and everything they stand for. If you hate FXF QUIT and move on.

The Scab by Jack London, (1876-1916) - Topix

It seems as though Black Dog Mafia has a family past of being a traitor and the nut did not fall far from the tree in his case either.
You stated you have a good run and been there 14 years, so it seems you are all about yourself and not your fellow brothers?
They will remember you when the union puts pressure on organizing and they will, these things take time, they do have a foot in the door and a contract will be negotiated for the terminals that voted them in, once that is done it will be another union company because all fedex drivers will want what was negotiated.
You sir may want to take a closer look at Estes.

The poster implied that Fred took great risk with his own wealth and I addressed his question. As far as creating this company goes, he simply bought the company I work for, not "create" it himself. To summarize, no the money wasn't his in the sense he didn't earn it by the sweat of his brow. It was one of those handouts you chastise the Government for; you know, kinda like a pell grant. (Insert sarcastic grin here) I stand by my statement that it's easier to gamble with house money. If Fred risked his inheritance and failed, well no big deal there's more where that came from. I've said once before on here that money begets money

So if he wouldn't have invested it into a business, it's all good?

Just like others have posted your father was hurting their bargaining position,hurting their families. Most people have always been told to start putting money away for the possibility of a strike at the end of the contract. The Union would blackball members that crossed a picket line back then and I'm surprised that all they did was treat him badly, being the 60's

Just like others have posted your father was hurting their bargaining position,hurting their families. Most people have always been told to start putting money away for the possibility of a strike at the end of the contract. The Union would blackball members that crossed a picket line back then and I'm surprised that all they did was treat him badly, being the 60's
I agree crossing a picket line and only got a threat,he was lucky he didn't get a beat down or worse. Any body that crosses a line is nothing more than a ****. Of course he didn't say if his dad stayed at that job and earned a good wage/pension that he is probably collecting today.The "60's were a different time I know was there did that back then.

Congratulations son! Your father would be so proud of the way you have turned out just like him never a Teamster and never will be.keep on drinking the kool aid and keep on hating and maybe at the end of the day fxf will give you a nice big atta boy!