XPO | The Driver Shortages Continue

If Flynn didn't lie why did Comey think he was telling the truth? Maybe Comey was lying to cover for Flynn? https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/...idnt-think-michael-flynn-lied/article/2648896
And yes, Mueller did ask for the trial to be delayed by 90 days. http://dailycaller.com/2018/05/23/mueller-delay-russia-trial/
As to your last paragraph. There are limits on this investigation relative to the President. Trump is clear, in part because he's president. Mueller, if he is to operate under DOJ rules cannot indict Trump on anything according to DOJ's own guidance from the Office of Legal Counsel. What Mueller is trying to do is trash the President public opinion in order to drive his approval numbers down in hopes that the Dems take the House so they can impeach him without a backlash from voters in 2020. https://www.justice.gov/olc/opinion/sitting-president’s-amenability-indictment-and-criminal-prosecution

Flynn ADMITTED he lied. What more do you need?

Mueller asked for a delay NOT because he wasn't prepared for trial. He needed confirmation that the attorney was authorized to represent the company, Concord.

If you are suggesting that the president of the United States, or the leader of any other country, is automatically cleared of any responsibility in the commission of a crime, congratulations...you have just answered the question weighing so heavily on the minds of decent people everywhere. "How do dictators persuade otherwise intelligent people to discard their humanity and follow them to the gates of hell"? No one is above the law and to suggest otherwise is sanctioning an authoritarian regime. That's how every dictator has done it since the beginning of time.

“Of course the people don’t want war. But after all, it’s the leaders of the country who determine the policy, and it’s always a simple matter to drag the people along whether it’s a democracy, a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to greater danger.”

— Herman Goering at the Nuremberg trials

PER THE REQUEST OF OUR ILLUSTRIOUS MODERATOR, I AM DONE WITH POLITICS IN THIS THREAD...We will never convince each other of our beliefs and we will never change each others mind. Time will tell.

Does anyone know what Xpo is offering for sign on bonus ? Does it vary by location?

Poking around on the xpo jobs search page, I’ve seen as low as a $1000 1-time sign on bonus up to a $6000 4-installment bonus ($1500 every 6 months) and not every center is offering a bonus on the jobs page.

If you are suggesting that the president of the United States, or the leader of any other country, is automatically cleared of any responsibility in the commission of a crime, congratulations...you have just answered the question weighing so heavily on the minds of decent people everywhere. "How do dictators persuade otherwise intelligent people to discard their humanity and follow them to the gates of hell"? No one is above the law and to suggest otherwise is sanctioning an authoritarian regime. That's how every dictator has done it since the beginning of time.

PER THE REQUEST OF OUR ILLUSTRIOUS MODERATOR, I AM DONE WITH POLITICS IN THIS THREAD...We will never convince each other of our beliefs and we will never change each others mind. Time will tell.
I'm not suggesting anything. What I posted came from the OLC under DOJ and the guidance remains in force today. No one is above the law, except Hillary Clinton who will never be called to task for the crimes she committed during her tenure as Secretary of State. Impeachment by the House and conviction in the Senate is how we get rid of a sitting president who then becomes just another person. Once that happens, then their alleged crimes can be addressed through regular legal processes. Can you imagine the chaos that would ensue within our federal govt if a sitting president could simply be indicted and tried for crimes while in office? The president wouldn't be able to do his job effectively while being tied up in preparation and court trials. There is a reason the Framers gave us impeachment, it's because they knew that the new office of President they were creating was an elected position and that politics would come into play if the president didn't have some sort of protection from criminal prosecution while in office. They didn't want the Congress to be able to thwart the will of the people simply by being able to bring criminal accusations against the president.

I hope the mods don't come down on us for having a discussion related to politics because frankly, I've enjoyed this discussion more than the discussions in the "Politics" threads.

I'm not suggesting anything. What I posted came from the OLC under DOJ and the guidance remains in force today. No one is above the law, except Hillary Clinton who will never be called to task for the crimes she committed during her tenure as Secretary of State. Impeachment by the House and conviction in the Senate is how we get rid of a sitting president who then becomes just another person. Once that happens, then their alleged crimes can be addressed through regular legal processes. Can you imagine the chaos that would ensue within our federal govt if a sitting president could simply be indicted and tried for crimes while in office? The president wouldn't be able to do his job effectively while being tied up in preparation and court trials. There is a reason the Framers gave us impeachment, it's because they knew that the new office of President they were creating was an elected position and that politics would come into play if the president didn't have some sort of protection from criminal prosecution while in office. They didn't want the Congress to be able to thwart the will of the people simply by being able to bring criminal accusations against the president.
Right on point explanation. Well stated. Thanks.

Poking around on the xpo jobs search page, I’ve seen as low as a $1000 1-time sign on bonus up to a $6000 4-installment bonus ($1500 every 6 months) and not every center is offering a bonus on the jobs page.
Probably varies with each market terminals are based in.

Right on point explanation. Well stated. Thanks.

It is a good post and a reasonable explanation of the policy. My fear is that we have an inexperienced engineer at the throttle of a raging freight train. Congress hasn't the will or the backbone to impeach, despite what the Mueller investigation MAY uncover. In his own words, he suggested that Obama would start a war to insure his reelection. What would prevent him from starting a war to derail his investigation?

Is it possible CRST is doing a better job hiring drivers than we are ?

I was told that we were trying to eliminate sub service and move the freight via our own line haul. I can tell you in Miami, the sub service drivers are constantly late. Often, they'll roll in at 11AM - 12 NOON. It destroys our ability to service our customers. We wind up with outside carriers moving our freight because no one gets back from a late run for a second trailer. Pick ups suffer along with the morale of the drivers getting 40 hours or less. Management told me they're trying to fix it and I hope they do...soon.

I was told that we were trying to eliminate sub service and move the freight via our own line haul. I can tell you in Miami, the sub service drivers are constantly late. Often, they'll roll in at 11AM - 12 NOON. It destroys our ability to service our customers. We wind up with outside carriers moving our freight because no one gets back from a late run for a second trailer. Pick ups suffer along with the morale of the drivers getting 40 hours or less. Management told me they're trying to fix it and I hope they do...soon.
We were told the same but we still have some coming in from XHG. The sub service from other locations were rolling in either to late in the day or not till the next. Service is the worst I have ever seen and damages and shorts in particular are at an all time high. It seems no one knows how to fix it and they lack the initiative to try. Mean time customers are constantly saying what happen to your service it wasn't this way with Con-way. Are we still a premium carrier ? Do investors see this or do they only see the numbers presented ? If they don't see it how long till they catch on ?

Last edited: