Credits
Posting for @Kennesaw Kid
dH2qKzS.jpg

TGKYUa8.jpg

rv45usd.jpg

wLUBoHI.jpg

3ZCebzL.jpg

BG6tIoc.jpg

Thanks for info and see old yellow is starting contract game playing early with this B.S. !! They are not addressing the issues of freight not moving , which is (1) Turn trucks up to 70 mph like XPO has (2) Up PAY scale above the non-union pay scale which is $27.69 to $29.50 hour (3) Stop treating your driver's like sh** !!!! So in conclusion you don't really want to move freight if you won't address the problems of it sitting ....................

Thanks for info and see old yellow is starting contract game playing early with this B.S. !! They are not addressing the issues of freight not moving , which is (1) Turn trucks up to 70 mph like XPO has (2) Up PAY scale above the non-union pay scale which is $27.69 to $29.50 hour (3) Stop treating your driver's like sh** !!!! So in conclusion you don't really want to move freight if you won't address the problems of it sitting ....................

Wong, cut the crap. 70 mph trucks aren't going to get the freight through the system any faster especially when hostlers book off or take forever do the hooks and we have have road drivers sitting waiting to get out because of that.

Wong, cut the crap. 70 mph trucks aren't going to get the freight through the system any faster especially when hostlers book off or take forever do the hooks and we have have road drivers sitting waiting to get out because of that.
Sorry , but going to have to agree to disagree on this subject and tell you what let's both hook load's out of Atlanta to Chicago , you with the 62mph truck & me with 70mph truck , see who's in Chicago 1st ? and YES the company needs to take a camera and address the SUPER SLOW MILKMEN , at every terminal , the slow milkmen steal $10-k a day in overtime pay system wide and everybody knows who they are , in fact we have one's that stand around daily to get that extra 10 or 15 mins to round it up to even hour daily and the manager or supervisors don't say a word to them , so I guess your maybe RIGHT what does it matter ................ just beating the same old dead horse subject , my bad sorry.....:apologetic:

Sorry , but going to have to agree to disagree on this subject and tell you what let's both hook load's out of Atlanta to Chicago , you with the 62mph truck & me with 70mph truck , see who's in Chicago 1st ? and YES the company needs to take a camera and address the SUPER SLOW MILKMEN , at every terminal , the slow milkmen steal $10-k a day in overtime pay system wide and everybody knows who they are , in fact we have one's that stand around daily to get that extra 10 or 15 mins to round it up to even hour daily and the manager or supervisors don't say a word to them , so I guess your maybe RIGHT what does it matter ................ just beating the same old dead horse subject , my bad sorry.....:apologetic:
Those “milkmen” are doing exactly what they watch management do every day- nothing!

You have to be a complete and utter moron if you want these trucks turned up. Hell they shake and shimmy at 62. Even the new ones. Will cost jobs also. They’re proving that at ABF. Already trying to run Chicago to Harrisburg. Wake up people! Don’t cost yourselves your jobs. I’ve seen it. Happened at Roadway. Union members screwing union members.

So I’m curious being a city driver who never works more than 50-55 hours a week and never has to log. Being on a 60/7 days now, how many additional hours a month would you be able to work on a 70/8 days.
Also here, we have always enjoyed no forced overtime in our work rules since we work 24/7. Is forced overtime common in some of the big barns?

So I’m curious being a city driver who never works more than 50-55 hours a week and never has to log. Being on a 60/7 days now, how many additional hours a month would you be able to work on a 70/8 days.
Also here, we have always enjoyed no forced overtime in our work rules since we work 24/7. Is forced overtime common in some of the big barns?
Yes forced OT is common almost everywhere. This idiotic MOU at least says that the 70/8 and 34 hour reset is voluntary.

Max would be 84 hours available to work under DOT Rules with 34 hour reset. Union rules can change that number, or not. What your Local says is what guides this work rule. von.

Sounds like a lot of you guys don’t get the bigger problem going on here.Sounds like everyone is selling everyone down the river.They got you doing their job for them already. Now they just sit back and watch everyone rat out the other guy with assuming what someone else is doing instead of sticking together.Management loves it. Keep your suggestions to yourselfs.And be a strong Union man

If say you work M-F, 12 hours each day, which is 60. Then came in Saturday and work another 10, you have your 70 for the week. If say you start at 0800 on Monday, you would have to be off by 2200 on Saturday night to have your 34 hour rest by Monday’s regular start time.

I’m not a regular on the boards because it makes me sick hearing so much whining! I assumed it was union man against union man and I realized that after I posted and for that I apologize.We need to stick together and regain what we had!I have a hard time getting a fellow driver taking the time to wave as we pass like we all did in the 70-80 let’s start there and rebuild.Its not to late.

Brother, the problem with riding the clock (milkmen) is that I have seen these same type of people at every trucking company I have worked for over the last 30 plus years. I heard drivers complaining about dock, yard, and mechanics when I worked for O.D. in the 1980's and I got 4 hours on the clock last Tuesday waiting on a hook at ABF. My point is, for over 30 years this has been going on in the trucking industry, and while it is extremely irritating, most companies put up with it and still make money. So I'm not sure that this is a major problem.

i dont understand this at all, non cdl positions..box truck, detroit? im out of detroit and all of our box trucks would require a cdl with air brakes endorsement, and likely a hazmat endorsement and/or tank endorsement depending on the freight in the box. im going to ask about this.

they cant give away our work to casuals that dont even have a cdl, likely destroying our equipment and our customers property.

i dont understand this at all, non cdl positions..box truck, detroit? im out of detroit and all of our box trucks would require a cdl with air brakes endorsement, and likely a hazmat endorsement and/or tank endorsement depending on the freight in the box. im going to ask about this.

they cant give away our work to casuals that dont even have a cdl, likely destroying our equipment and our customers property.
In my area, ward trucking is buying straight trucks without airbrakes....