FedEx Freight | The Latest

I finally got my last health insurance claim paid by WAI it only took them 8 months to pay it. (In network and preapproved) sure am glad to have a real health insurance company now. But I guess if my job was going away I would drag my butt to keep it too. Anyone else still waiting for any WAI claims??

I had to sue WAI insurance to get them to pay a $30k medical claim (kidney stone procedure) They finally did pay 100% after fighting them for 6 years on it. They only wanted to pay 3k of it! lol Thats one thing they had was a TERRIBLE (medical plan) if I would even call it that. They would reject EVERY claim and you would have to fight them for it. Their dental was even worse. They paid $80 out of $1500 for some dental work I had done lol

Just to comment on the talk of WAI and insurance....I am amazed at the difference now. My wife had to have surgery and for once we didn`t have the run around on bills like WAI use to do.
I understand it is a trying time with freight levels being so low its hard for me to get 40 hours but it seems to me once freight picks back up then we will really take off in a good way. Its been a struggle lately but I always put back some money for Jan. and Feb. cause the runs and the freight in general are lighter!
I think if we can make it through this year we will be set. I had some buddies driving at American Freight and said the first year was tough at first but they hung in there and now they get 50 hours every week. My fingers are sore from keeping them crossed but I think its coming... I just hope soon...Any word on any national accounts?

I had some buddies driving at American Freight and said the first year was tough at first but they hung in there and now they get 50 hours every week.

From what I've heard, FedEx is pretty miserly with the overtime. Bid guys at the Freight barn near us only get a couple hours per week over their 40.

Watkins was more like Commandant Lassard from Police Academy in this regard. A bit more laid back as far as the OT and other things go. But only time will tell, I suppose.

frt drivers in sc say they dont get but 1 or 2 ot hours and thats not every week.the 4-10 bid drivers get it less than 5-8bids do.I'd just love to have 4 or 5 a/wk.heres hoping it will make it soon.

frt drivers get ot after 8hrs on a 5/8 bid and ot after 40hrs on a 4/10 bid.floating around at our barn is that probably in june we'll get ot after 8.guess we'll see.

Re alignment Update

The June 1st realignment date has been moved back to July 1st.

On another note I was told the begining of May we will see and I quote A TITLEWAVE of National Accounts.:1036316054: I guess time will tell

natrional accounts-gooood deal!hope they bring more than the lowes account.our barn has'nt seen but 1 lowes shipment and Ihear there is one on the trace list but has'nt hit the dock yet.the problem we have with national accounts is that the local sales rep says he can't do any thing with it.seems to me he could go by the local,be it inbound or outbound,and throw them a bone once in awhile just to let them know that we do have a real sales force.anybodyelse have this problem.

I saw a company sleeper today that was all white, no stripes. I don't know if this is a repaint or if it is a new unit. My eyes are to bad to read the little numbers from across the road. lol Does anyone know anything about it?

Hey Cujo...

Ask Jeff what the final four and tube socks have in common...(I know its over, but its a great joke)

NO HEELS...LOL LMAO

Did you read what I wrote? It is company policy at both FedEx and UPS not to deliver earlier than the customer paid for. It is policy. It is company rules. Can I be any clearer? It is for a a good business reason. You want it there earlier, you pay more for it. You want it there cheaper, it will take longer. Period.

I've waited 3 days for items that were already in the local warehouse, because their delivery date had not arrived.

FedEx has no such policy.. If the customer will take it.. It delivers. Not sure who told you it was policy.. out of 300 inbound bills a day at my center alone. about 20 of them deliver early. Customers dont pay for a specific day, the companies have service standards.. if for some reason a shpment travels through the system faster.. so be it.. the customer pays for that service and expects it to be ontime.. not late.. if its early, unless there is an APTD (appointed specific date) it delivers when it arrives.

FedEx has no such policy.. If the customer will take it.. It delivers. Not sure who told you it was policy.. out of 300 inbound bills a day at my center alone. about 20 of them deliver early. Customers dont pay for a specific day, the companies have service standards.. if for some reason a shpment travels through the system faster.. so be it.. the customer pays for that service and expects it to be ontime.. not late.. if its early, unless there is an APTD (appointed specific date) it delivers when it arrives.
Sounds right to me - maybe UPS has a great deal of excess dock space. Don't know about UPSF but unless I had a specified del. date with UPS I got my delivery within the del. window.:smilie_132: