FedEx Freight | The Latest

New rules

FedEx has no such policy.. If the customer will take it.. It delivers. Not sure who told you it was policy.. out of 300 inbound bills a day at my center alone. about 20 of them deliver early. Customers dont pay for a specific day, the companies have service standards.. if for some reason a shpment travels through the system faster.. so be it.. the customer pays for that service and expects it to be ontime.. not late.. if its early, unless there is an APTD (appointed specific date) it delivers when it arrives.

I was told by our TM earlier this week that once everything is in place we will no longer deliver shipments early. If the custumer pays for 5 day sevice that's what he will get. No Exceptions....This will prevent them from paying for 5 and getting 4 day service ect...I suppose we want the customer to pay for what he's getting hmmmm....This was per his regional supervisor...

I was told by our TM earlier this week that once everything is in place we will no longer deliver shipments early. If the custumer pays for 5 day sevice that's what he will get. No Exceptions....This will prevent them from paying for 5 and getting 4 day service ect...I suppose we want the customer to pay for what he's getting hmmmm....This was per his regional supervisor...
Have not heard such in our region.. Is that a FNL thing? there are ceratin shippers and consignees that we canot deliver early too or we are hit with a penalty.. but other than that.. if its there, I get it off the dock, onto a trailer.. and hope it dont come back

I guess from what I am reading FXN will no longer need a terminal, they will be leasing warehousing or trucking freight around the states like a tour group. Maybe they could stick pro numbers on the freight so you could tell how many stops and transfers it made from here to there in 5 days

natrional accounts-gooood deal!hope they bring more than the lowes account.our barn has'nt seen but 1 lowes shipment and Ihear there is one on the trace list but has'nt hit the dock yet.the problem we have with national accounts is that the local sales rep says he can't do any thing with it.seems to me he could go by the local,be it inbound or outbound,and throw them a bone once in awhile just to let them know that we do have a real sales force.anybodyelse have this problem.

I'll use Lowe's as an example. A local rep can't go into a coporate headquarters and do anything. However what the local rep is supposed to be doing is after the national account rep gets us on the approved carriers list then he is supposed to go to all of the national accounts suppliers and let them know that we are an approved carrier. Very rarely will a national account alert all their suppliers to just switch carriers on it's own.

The June 1st realignment date has been moved back to July 1st.

On another note I was told the begining of May we will see and I quote A TITLEWAVE of National Accounts.:1036316054: I guess time will tell

I have also heard this. Rebranding of the trailers is supposed to start sometime in May also. Also sometime this month TM's and ATM's will be at FXF docks learning their computer systems.

Supposedly within 3-5 years the 3 companies (Watkins, FXF East & FXF West) are going to combine the best parts of all three computer systems. I guess some FXF portions don't have GPS yet or something.

I have heard this one also. When the re-engineering is complete we won't be seeing that much early freight at the breaks. Perfect example is just this past Easter holiday. Their was freight closed out to HBG in the Northeast and linehaul had power to pull it but they were told by CNC not to use the power to go out and get it because most of it was nondue frt. Over 20 teams sitting in the motel. Dunno about you but it seems a$$nine to let frt sit there a day later just because it isn't due. If you have the power to get it. GET IT! This will be interesting when we get busy and were letting frt pile up at the smaller end of the lines and then we don't have the drivers to get it to the breaks.

Wonder what will happen when the weather gets real nasty again? 99% on-time service. GULP! :shock:

!
Covered under tariffs.. "Act of God", inclemant weather, so on, so fourth....

Freight will move, customers will get serviced.. has happened for over 100 years now.. will continue to happen next year.

Covered under tariffs.. "Act of God", inclemant weather, so on, so fourth....

Freight will move, customers will get serviced.. has happened for over 100 years now.. will continue to happen next year.

Maybe so. But when you say 99% on-time service in 3-5 day lanes, the customer doesn't want to hear about weather, bad roads, accidents, breakdowns, etc.

I'm just wondering with the breaks going to 5 day scheduling, what kind of pressure this is going to put on drivers/mgt to get the freight there on-time. 99% is raising the bar in the long-haul market big-time.

Maybe so. But when you say 99% on-time service in 3-5 day lanes, the customer doesn't want to hear about weather, bad roads, accidents, breakdowns, etc.

I'm just wondering with the breaks going to 5 day scheduling, what kind of pressure this is going to put on drivers/mgt to get the freight there on-time. 99% is raising the bar in the long-haul market big-time.

Actually service believe it or not has improved. Now that CNC's review and bonus program are all tied into how the company performs most districts are at 99% already. Everyday now at the break on the outbound is like the weekend now. We used to hold onto trailer till they filled no more. If it has due frt on it it runs. They want us cutting partial loads now everyday. Were also starting to see the end of the lines load a lkot more directs which is what we've been asking for for years now.

I had my doubts too when I first went to AF from Con-Way. But they do it.. day in, day out..

The customer understands about the weather and "Acts of God" that happen every year.. The customer signs the tarrif rules when they set up pricing with a carrier.. It's like this with all carriers.. just FedEx, UPS, Con-way and the other major competitors monitor different aspects of the business than others.. We sell service, thats what we offer.. A product sent form point A to point B, on-time, intact with minimal to no claims. Efficiently!

I've done this for a long time, as many of us/you have.. Been in TL/LTL and a small mix of the two combined..

You might scratch your head for a minute.. But in the end, it all comes together and happens.. Thats the beauty of it all.. Always something different, and always something new..

You have just got to see past the fence post and look into the pasture..

We all have got to do this everyday, we have chose to make this our career.. therefore, we must make the most out of it and enjoy it.

Sheridon did not promise us a good time when he gave the sixth business principle.. I think that he put it there and said it, so that we would learn to have fun at what we did.. And once apon a time.. we did!

I was told today that the L/H managers will be going to Lakeland some time next week to find out more top secret stuff.:hysterical:

Top Secret

I was told today that the L/H managers will be going to Lakeland some time next week to find out more top secret stuff.:hysterical:
What are you talking about. Everything now is top secret. You won't find out anything until it is going to be policy. That is so we can't have a say about it. We have already been through the open lines thing and it just caused a termoil you wouldn't believe at our barn. You will only hear about it after they make you sign a piece of paper saying this is the new policy.:cuss:

23rd and 24th so I was told this morning. Maybe they will let us know somthing.:hysterical:

Thanks for the info, but with All the Line Haul Managers going to Lakeland next week I'd be surprized if we hear anything until after there return.:smilie_132:

Cinci bids every three months, though it is rarely on time. We ar supposed to go to a 5 to 6 day work week on the dock and we were told in February that we weren't going to bid on time bcuz of the changes, then they decided otherwise. We kept hearing the 5 to 6 day work week with 2 shifts was going to happen in June but now I hear it'll be July or August. I'm sure when we bid in July it will change once again!

The dock bid 2 weeks ago here and took effect this week.... 2 shifts, 12:00AM to 8:30AM and 2:00PM to 10:30PM with hostler bids comming in 30min before both shifts

Heard the same thing already happened in Dallas. Don't know ow true it is. Cinci is teling us we will probably be more like 4am till 12:30 and 4pm til 12:30 with hostler bids different cuz they have to have someone there to move trailers all weekend and all hours of the day. Two places with the same bid times....hmmm...wonder if we'll all be on the same bids company wide? Neither one of the two bids mentioned is good for me........