Holland | The Proposal

Well if they close good luck finding a job where you don't pay for insurance and one that allows you to get ot are one that even pays ot. It is hard to swallow but its all about getting the nons organized that's are job.

Your right PAPEJR I'm voting NO I've never worked for a non-union co before . Hell it might be fun to pay for my health and welfare. I think it would also be great to be sent home in less the 8 hours for lack of work or about sitting at home while a broker pulls my load. Working at Holland is awful you have to work 10 but you can really work all you want. It's like writing your own check. I think I'm better off working for a non union carrier knowing I'll never work over 40hrs or less. When I fill out applications should I ask for extra copies so when I'm let go for some minor infraction because I have no longer union representation? Your right to about the pension close the doors the fund will dry up faster . Your right putting nothing in is better the 25%. I'll see you on the other side of the fence I hope the grass is greener

The profit sharing is interesting.
Just about as interesting as those "stock warrants" that they forced us to buy. What are those worth now? ZERO.

With those stock warrants we were all google eyed saying.......awe baby! What if? Cha Ching. And how has that worked out?

They know that there is no chance of the employees qualifying for any profit sharing. They know what they're doing. Just throwing the proverbial "carrot" out there in front of you.

It's funny I don't remember being forced to buy anything . I had a friend who retried at Holland sold his stock and at least got something how much I don't know . But your right nothing is better then something . Hey how's that new job coming along since you left yrc?

Well if they close good luck finding a job where you don't pay for insurance and one that allows you to get ot are one that even pays ot. It is hard to swallow but its all about getting the nons organized that's are job.
There gonna close,it's just a matter of time.and if you have been here long enough,you have seen the writing on the walls for years.the place is a bottom feeder operation.and mismanaged beyond what I have ever seen it in 22 years. Non unions make more per hr than you do so your comment is to no avail.the equipment is junk and patched together after having to argue to have it fixed and so on. Insurance will cost us with the new concessions.they are in worse shape now after squandering billions of our concessions the past 4 years.this agreement will change nothing for their debt and cost us more.it's another no vote for me.they are beyond hope and straws to pull.

Well with attitudes like that they might but this industry is not what it was 25 yrs ago this is a non union world but if you want to work for the fedexs and conways the doors open have at it and good luck!

Yes 486 I have been here long enough to see the writing on the wall. I unlike you have seen vast improvements in Holland. Corp is a different subject. If your riding this thing out as I am, why the constant belittle of Holland and their associates? I've worked both non & union in this industry and I have to say my worst day at Holland beats the best day I ever had at Thurston Motor Lines (13 years)

Well with attitudes like that they might but this industry is not what it was 25 yrs ago this is a non union world but if you want to work for the fedexs and conways the doors open have at it and good luck. Good luck to you to,your gonna need it working here.wait till they get your yes vote then they will have a mass layoff just like before.

Just about as interesting as those "stock warrants" that they forced us to buy. What are those worth now? ZERO.

With those stock warrants we were all google eyed saying.......awe baby! What if? Cha Ching. And how has that worked out?

They know that there is no chance of the employees qualifying for any profit sharing. They know what they're doing. Just throwing the proverbial "carrot" out there in front of you.
This can be looked at as "being creative" or as you choose "hog wash". I simply stated I didn't expect this.

Well don't know what terminal your out of but in ds we can't get enough help. Go to the central transport page and look at there insurance plan they offer.

Yes 486 I have been here long enough to see the writing on the wall. I unlike you have seen vast improvements in Holland. Corp is a different subject. If your riding this thing out as I am, why the constant belittle of Holland and their associates? I've worked both non & union in this industry and I have to say my worst day at Holland beats the best day I ever had at Thurston Motor Lines (13 years)
. I only speak from day to day operations of this dump.I belittled no one. How much more are you willing to give them To stay working here? That is all I am saying.Holland could give a rats azs about their employees and it's been that way for years. They will never recover no matter how much the get from us. We have gave away everything and they still can't make it.no company survives after givebacks.they treat us worse now than they ever have after squandering 3 billion dollars of give backs,I have given way to much.

Sorry you have a junk truck team486 I share an international with a road driver and other then the paint coming off we take care of that unit . It's clean inside and out . looks better the a lot of the new Volvos guess it all has to do who sits behind the wheel. By the way the only writing on the walls at our terminal is non union companies suck d....

What's really funny is that for a company going under where is all this freight coming from.

Obviously a new hire. Rah rah rah.thump thump,one busy day and he's set for the year.we are so mismanaged that we delv half the bills we used to 10 years ago with twice the manpower.add it up.can't get any help because of our reputation. Now go back in the office were u belong.

Your right but who in this country cares about anything but there bank account. But you know if they can't change in 5yrs and the teamsters don't start getting off there asses and start organizing then were going to be in trouble.

Drivers will be tripping over each other to vote yes and get 750 dollars.

If they keep the doors open 750 will come in handy. If they stay open long enough to pay the 750 it will come in handy. If they close the doors before they pay the 750 everyone loses. If all of the above happens go for the 750 better than a poke in the eye with a sharp stick.

You got that in writing?
(f)PurchasedTransportation:, The following shall cover YRC Freight’s use of Purchased Transportation Service(PTS) and outline employee protections in connection with PTS. YRC Freight shall be permitted to use a limited amount of PTS for over-the-road transportation only and in connection with the movement of freight between distribution centers.

Last edited by a moderator: