ODFL | $$$ The Raise $$$

JIM BOB said:
Don't know if I've met him before.But I think I like him.If you don't like it,close the door as you leave.What you think Luke ?
I like him too.This business of people coming to work here and wanting this and that to work in their favor is as old as time but the rules and pay are set in stone when you come here and if people don't like them then leave,don't come here and whine about what the other guys make and try to change their way......it ain't happening!

Well I would have liked to have seen .028 or .03 or it would have been nice to see the hooks and drops raised I really do not care about the breakdown pay it is infrequent.

Word is they also dropped the highest tier of health coverage as an option.

Last time I worked for a company that had a manager point to the door when asked about improving the job I exercised my option as did a majority of other employees. The manager that did that wasn't given an option, he was pushed out the door.
We're in an employees market as a truckdriver, don't always sell yourself short.

What upset us, as line drivers was this... He was standing up there saying how hard it is to get drivers and such... then tells us that if we want to transfer to RTO, we'll jump to .50 because "he fights for his drivers" (his office is in RTO)....

When we get our new terminal we are going to need about 10 NEW line drivers within 6 months.. No one from P&D wants the job, and all the drivers out here already know that the guys across the street are getting paid more then we do in linehaul. We've had ads everywhere for drivers, we can get them in the door, but when they hear what the pay is, they stay where they are at. Something maybe needs to give somehwere, or we need to start getting more dock workers CDL's

I dont know about your guys' terminals.. but at mine.. the 'line drivers' have gotten the nickmame of 'whine drivers'... they all come in, sit at the table... and ***** about the same things every night. I have to laugh, because these guys ***** and *****.. but wont take any action to make things better for themselves (quit, try to get into management, go back to the city)... Me, I show up, shut my mouth and do what Im asked.

I'm glad you fellas are happy with your raise. I told the rest of the boys at HP that we didn't need to give any damn raise. You guys just appreciate the family atmosphere here. I guess ya all know what we mean by the open door policy now! HeHeHeh! I'll be mixing up a batch of my special kool aid for all of my faithful followers!

Thomasville

You mean Thomasville.Thomasville,North Carolina.( must be a GBO local driver )

:27: Now Jim Billy Bob, don't make me give up your secret that you're one of our management team sent to spy on this board and spout the company line. As we all know I was a close friend of Sam Walton and I am trying to create the Walmart of the trucking industry, We will soon be starting off our day with the ODFL CHANT. Give Me an "O"! Jimbo just keep sippin that kool aid.

Man If OD management spends much time spying on this board I hope thy at least have some other ways of getting info on what their employees are thinking. What a whole 6 to 10 of us post here. That is going to get a lot of information that is really going to be effective in making all the drivers spout the company line.
This guy must of worked here a long time ago he thinks OD is still HQ in HP one thing that I have noticed it is not the present OD employees that complain a lot about the policies here it is the former ones.

FlyByWire said:
What upset us, as line drivers was this... He was standing up there saying how hard it is to get drivers and such... then tells us that if we want to transfer to RTO, we'll jump to .50 because "he fights for his drivers" (his office is in RTO)....

When we get our new terminal we are going to need about 10 NEW line drivers within 6 months.. No one from P&D wants the job, and all the drivers out here already know that the guys across the street are getting paid more then we do in linehaul. We've had ads everywhere for drivers, we can get them in the door, but when they hear what the pay is, they stay where they are at. Something maybe needs to give somehwere, or we need to start getting more dock workers CDL's

I dont know about your guys' terminals.. but at mine.. the 'line drivers' have gotten the nickmame of 'whine drivers'... they all come in, sit at the table... and ***** about the same things every night. I have to laugh, because these guys ***** and *****.. but wont take any action to make things better for themselves (quit, try to get into management, go back to the city)... Me, I show up, shut my mouth and do what Im asked.

It is not that bad here in KCY most of the drivers and employees are OK with OD and though their is some back stabbing going on most of us are pretty civil and happy with our jobs. Sometime I think getting new drivers is how the TM handles it we have had TMs that act like it is the hardest thing in the world to get drivers and TMs that get them in assign supervisors to move the hiring process along and get them hired. My observation is that if the TM tries to handle it all by himself and does not give duties to others in management at the terminal nothing happens. I walked in the breakroom several times last month and thier were various hands filling out applications with a supervisor assigned to get their applications to them and answer their questions.

Is it just RTO linehaul drivers that go to .50 or is it all of CA? What about other areas that are expensive to live in?

Just RTO, the excuse was that they cant hire drivers at all (no ::shit::!), hell, Phoenix isnt any cheaper than California to live in.

FlyByWire said:
Just RTO, the excuse was that they cant hire drivers at all (no ::shit::!), hell, Phoenix isnt any cheaper than California to live in.

I know Phoenix is high but how would you like to be a linehaul driver from LAS? 40 miles down the road and you make less?