FedEx Freight | The Union Debate Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey red your a fortune teller now. You have no idea what we will get in 2018. The same as you said about the 2 bonuses we get now. How's that going to be in july.
You're correct, I have no idea what we'll have in 2018 but if history shows us anything we won't be far behind, like I said. As for our second bonus of the year, once our quarterly numbers are announced, it won't be hard to figure out....and once added to our first bonus, that'll give us a total for our yearly bonus, another perk we enjoy!! :1036316054:

And again, come 2018 we won't be far behind then either....you see a pattern here??

Those "future dollars" still won't be as much as my projected returns.

Correct, the majority comes out of my pocket but the remainder is free money. Herein lies the problem with most Americans today, they're more worried about how much spending money they have now instead of how much retirement money they'll have later!! Ours is company matched, that's the difference between yours, Etrade, Scottrade, etc..., and I can assure you they put a lot more than $30 a week into mine!!
Hey red your a fortune teller now. You know how much we are going to get in 2018. Can you tell all of us what our bonus will be in july.

Hey red when a grievance is filed who hears that grievance? I'll answer it for you the nlrb. So if that person keeps his job it's due to the labor law. But without union representation your on your own and being most of us being an at will work place with out that representation the company "can" terminate you for anything but race,religion etc.

I've been letting the union debate alone for a while but I had to get in on this one. You are WRONG, the NLRB does not hear grievances that's between your union representative and your company. The NLRB doesn't get involved unless you file with them, but that's only done after it can't be settled at the local level and even then they can refuse to get involved.

Really 206?? My company also gave me yesterday (and TODAY) off because we don't work weekends, just another perk we enjoy. Great point, the union is NOT the be-all end-all but some like to claim it is. As for your hypothetical, had I actually farted in the TM's office, I would imagine he would've probably laughed, called me a few "choice" words, and ask me to get the hell out of his office...while laughing. Unlike your union environment where you're brainwashed into thinking management is the enemy, here we mostly have a good working relationship with management. In over 21 years, I've never known of anyone that didn't fire themselves.
Something smells here, I was off yesterday and today as well!! I haven't worked a weekend in 30 years!! Guess that kills that myth huh!!!!

Really 206?? My company also gave me yesterday (and TODAY) off because we don't work weekends, just another perk we enjoy. Great point, the union is NOT the be-all end-all but some like to claim it is. As for your hypothetical, had I actually farted in the TM's office, I would imagine he would've probably laughed, called me a few "choice" words, and ask me to get the hell out of his office...while laughing. Unlike your union environment where you're brainwashed into thinking management is the enemy, here we mostly have a good working relationship with management. In over 21 years, I've never known of anyone that didn't fire themselves.
Not sure where you got the impression that I, personally, worked weekends, which I don't. Are you saying that NOBODY works weekends at FXF? And, we also have a decent working relationship with our terminal management. Of course, I can only speak for my barn, as I'm not naive enough to think its that way at every terminal, and I'm sure you feel the same. The 'fart in the office' was my attempt at humor (which is a difficult concept for some people). There's a mutual respect among freight workers...no matter what shirt we wear.

Something smells here, I was off yesterday and today as well!! I haven't worked a weekend in 30 years!! Guess that kills that myth huh!!!!
Somebody is working weekends, I see more YRC trucks on the road over the weekend than I do through the week!!
I'm guessing they're Jr drivers but without profiling, they sure look "older" than Jr drivers....just sayin'!!

Not sure where you got the impression that I, personally, worked weekends, which I don't. Are you saying that NOBODY works weekends at FXF? And, we also have a decent working relationship with our terminal management. Of course, I can only speak for my barn, as I'm not naive enough to think its that way at every terminal, and I'm sure you feel the same. The 'fart in the office' was my attempt at humor (which is a difficult concept for some people). There's a mutual respect among freight workers...no matter what shirt we wear.
Wasn't directed at you personally, just a general statement...sorry. The only drivers who work weekends at FXFE are those who volunteer.
I agree.

Wasn't directed at you personally, just a general statement...sorry. The only drivers who work weekends at FXFE are those who volunteer.
I agree.
I see there is more misinformation you are spewing. I know drivers working on weekends because they have to. You think you know whats going on everywhere with FXFE but you really don't even know what's going on in CLT.

I see there is more misinformation you are spewing. I know drivers working on weekends because they have to. You think you know whats going on everywhere with FXFE but you really don't even know what's going on in CLT.
Who has to work on the weekend in CLT, city or road??

Somebody is working weekends, I see more YRC trucks on the road over the weekend than I do through the week!!
I'm guessing they're Jr drivers but without profiling, they sure look "older" than Jr drivers....just sayin'!!
Could be a casual. Who knows? Also, I saw a CRST tractor pulling a set of YRC doubles today. Thought it was odd.

In all my years at FedEx I've only been asked about 10 times to run the road on a Saturday and was always due to snow storms. I wish they would offer it more. That's easy money for a city driver.

It varies from terminal to terminal but to say it doesn't happen just because it doesn't at your terminal is ignorant.

Status
Not open for further replies.