FedEx Freight | The Union Debate Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you not see the hypocrisy between these two responses within the same post??
First, you claim "plausible deniability" because posting a pic of a company truck (that clearly showed the company name and truck number) didn't identify the "driver" (although JD has previously acknowledged how many trucks/drivers his company employees), then you claimed if someone took your motorcycle (which you've already disclosed that you own) and posted a pic (which you have shared with others) that shows the license plate, that they would know who the driver of the motorcycle it was?? Nonsense!! Unless they had an "insider" who could obtain personal info from a license plate (which isn't public record), then there'd be no way of knowing whose motorcycle it was...it's no different!!

Not "rewriting history", just calling it like I see it. You shouldn't throw stones when you live in a glass house.

"When it matters" to you is when something negative is said about the union. I like how you "try" to pull the wool over everyone's eyes here by playing the "neutral" card...sorry but trying to persuade drivers at your own center, and others, to sign cards or support the union movement isn't exactly my idea of someone who's "neutral", just sayin'
You are all over the place, Red. Let's take a short walk...

No hypocrisy. Where did I say anything about a "motorcycle/license plate/picture and it's relationship to personal identity"? :scratchhead:

Not going to restate the obvious (again), but YOU seem intent on reminding everyone of details, about which most don't know/don't remember, and MOST don't care. I'm done talking about the picture of a company truck. It was taken down, I had no part in posting it, and if you don't like my opinion, I don't care. I stand by my original statement(s). (Post #s 11812, 11830, and 11844.)

Don't know where you get your info, or ideas, but you have been absolutely wrong about me from the beginning. Proven wrong each time.

I never said I was neutral. I don't need the union, in order to be happy/content. AF certainly did not need it. I would have fought against it, then. FXFE most certainly had reached a point where we needed representation, at my location. I was willing to fight for it. You may have heard, other locations have shared that sentiment.

The flaw in your cherished and secret inside info, is that I don't hide my position on this matter. I don't/won't name names, but everyone who matters, already knows. Your secret is no secret at all. There is no "glass house".

:1904:

Last edited:
You are all over the place, Red. Let's take a short walk...

No hypocrisy. Where did I say anything about a "motorcycle/license plate/picture and it's relationship to personal identity"? :scratchhead:
Who pissed in your Corn Flakes this morning??

Seeing as how I'm mobile today, I don't have the post numbers so I'll have to quote...

This is how we typically go into the weeds. Comparing a front quarter shot of a company truck (presumably snatched from a website) to a picture of a personal vehicle, including license plate AND a pic of their house with address attached, is a bit of a stretch. Quite an EXTREME comparison, that bares little resemblance to the actual situation. :order:
...and a motorcycle is considered a personal vehicle.

Not going to restate the obvious (again), but YOU seem intent on reminding everyone of details, about which most don't know/don't remember, and MOST don't care. I'm done talking about the picture of a company truck. It was taken down, I had no part in posting it, and if you don't like my opinion, I don't care. I stand by my original statement(s). (Post #s 11812, 11830, and 11844.)
YOU don't care because it was something that Hootowl and Crazy Trucker did to JD, had it been the other way around, YOU would still be talking about it.

Don't know where you get your info, or ideas, but you have been absolutely wrong about me from the beginning. Proven wrong each time.

I never said I was neutral. I don't need the union, in order to be happy/content. AF certainly did not need it. I would have fought against it, then. FXFE most certainly had reached a point where we needed representation, at my location. I was willing to fight for it. You may have heard, other locations have shared that sentiment.

The flaw in your cherished and secret inside info, is that I don't hide my position on this matter. I don't/won't name names, but everyone who matters, already knows. Your secret is no secret at all. There is no "glass house".
You have repeatedly, for the last two years, contradicted yourself with whether you're for or against....guess it depends on the situation. You haven't "proven" anyone wrong, your opinion isn't fact...your actions are. I'll agree, AF never needed a union but neither does FXFE IMO.
Therein lies the flaw with your theory, EVERYONE MATTERS, not just those that agree or will listen to you!!

Who pissed in your Corn Flakes this morning??

Seeing as how I'm mobile today, I don't have the post numbers so I'll have to quote...

...and a motorcycle is considered a personal vehicle.

YOU don't care because it was something that Hootowl and Crazy Trucker did to JD, had it been the other way around, YOU would still be talking about it.

You have repeatedly, for the last two years, contradicted yourself with whether you're for or against....guess it depends on the situation. You haven't "proven" anyone wrong, your opinion isn't fact...your actions are. I'll agree, AF never needed a union but neither does FXFE IMO.
Therein lies the flaw with your theory, EVERYONE MATTERS, not just those that agree or will listen to you!!

Looking at your incoherent diatribe, I'm having trouble finding anything accurate or worthy of a reply. I'm also having trouble keeping up, as you twist key words, then apply them to a totally different topic. Each post seems to cover more topics than the previous one. It would take too long to correct and restate for you to be able to understand. Sex pistol likes it, so you must be on to something. :1036316054:

I could go back and show you each time you were proven wrong. Would you like that? I don't really want to make you look foolish in front of your peers, again. :poke:

Looking at your incoherent diatribe, I'm having trouble finding anything accurate or worthy of a reply. I'm also having trouble keeping up, as you twist key words, then apply them to a totally different topic. Each post seems to cover more topics than the previous one. It would take too long to correct and restate for you to be able to understand. Sex pistol likes it, so you must be on to something. :1036316054:

I could go back and show you each time you were proven wrong. Would you like that? I don't really want to make you look foolish in front of your peers, again. :poke:
I could see you were having trouble keeping up by the way you kept contradicting yourself, that's why I was trying to help. How were words "twisted"?? Each post stayed on topic, we were just covering several topics within one post...sorry, I thought you were smart enough to keep up. From now on we'll keep things simple, that way your peers can like it too!!

You can try if you wish, the only one who would look foolish is you...would you like that?? :poke:

I hear negotiations went well in CLT today, spent about 4 hours covering about 30 mins worth of business...a man's gotta eat I guess!! Hell, the union even put on a good show for the few supporters that are left who wasted their Sat to attend the show!!
As it's been said time and time again, the union has NO leverage....and that was evident in today's meeting!!

It seems the CSPF isn't the only teamster pension fund that's in trouble...

http://workplacereport.com/30799-2/

"With over $4.3 billion in unfunded liabilities, Teamsters pension hopes to make cuts."

"New York pension fund for teamsters plans to cut benefits for 35,000 members in upstate to keep it solvent."

http://www.bizjournals.com/albany/n...ion-fund-plans-30-percent-cut-to-retiree.html

"The board of directors for the New York State Teamsters Conference and Pension Fund approved monthly benefits cuts for retired truck drivers of 31 percent. Members still working will see cuts of 20 percent. The teamsters union represents workers at freight, construction, concrete and other companies, including drivers at UPS and ABF Freight."

"The New York teamsters pension is one of several grappling with the challenge of finding ways to pay for the benefits it promised members. Longer life expectancies for retirees and declining union membership have made it difficult for pensions to survive."

I hear negotiations went well in CLT today, spent about 4 hours covering about 30 mins worth of business...a man's gotta eat I guess!! Hell, the union even put on a good show for the few supporters that are left who wasted their Sat to attend the show!!
As it's been said time and time again, the union has NO leverage....and that was evident in today's meeting!!
Then why in a previous post did you say the yes voters are getting away with everything. Seems there must be some kind of leverage.

Last edited:

"With over $4.3 billion in unfunded liabilities, Teamsters pension hopes to make cuts."

"New York pension fund for teamsters plans to cut benefits for 35,000 members in upstate to keep it solvent."

http://www.bizjournals.com/albany/n...ion-fund-plans-30-percent-cut-to-retiree.html

"The board of directors for the New York State Teamsters Conference and Pension Fund approved monthly benefits cuts for retired truck drivers of 31 percent. Members still working will see cuts of 20 percent. The teamsters union represents workers at freight, construction, concrete and other companies, including drivers at UPS and ABF Freight."

"The New York teamsters pension is one of several grappling with the challenge of finding ways to pay for the benefits it promised members. Longer life expectancies for retirees and declining union membership have made it difficult for pensions to survive."

These are MEPF, yes they are in trouble, but from what I understand if a contract is reached the pension would be a SEPF.

Then why in a previous post did you say the yes voters are getting away with everything. Seems there must be done kind of leverage.
"Getting away with murder" as in not doing their jobs or what's expected of them and getting away with it in relation to the company not disciplining them. Not exactly the leverage they need when most are tired of carrying their weight!! Kinda hard to gain support/leverage that way don't you think??

"Getting away with murder" as in not doing their jobs or what's expected of them and getting away with it in relation to the company not disciplining them. Not exactly the leverage they need when most are tired of carrying their weight!! Kinda hard to gain support/leverage that way don't you think??
They're people like that on both sides of the aisle. I take pride in the work I do and have for a lot of years, but then I was given a strong work ethic by my parents and tried to instill those same qualities in my children. I get home at the end of the day satisfied that I did my best. Some people get home satisfied they shirked as much as they could and got away with it. With our without a contract you should still be held accountable for your actions. I have always felt that way.

Red did you ever think that others wonder about your performance at work and why its not up to their standards ?

Status
Not open for further replies.