TForce | The vote next weekend will be a strike vote!

Says the well-healed and well-connected Teamsta II.

I have no doubt you are correct. UPS and the IBT are one in the same with Hoffa in charge.

A couple of things I have seen before...
1) Your ballot will say, "A 'no' vote is an authorization to strike".
2) The IBT Constitution doesn't even make for good TP and they will just do whatever they want to do. At YRC Chicagoland had HAD its own separate contract(s). When those unruly indigents rejected the wage concessions the IBT eliminated their contracts and melded them into the has been NMFA.
If I think of any other relevant things I'll post them.

Under the IBT constitution the vote next weekend there will be a strike vote, as well as a ratification vote. Not necessarily in that order.
A no vote only gives the the teamsters authority to call a strike if negotiations break down.. it does not mean we will be on strike! You need to ask your ba about this. You have been misinformed.. if he tells you that if you vote no that you will definitely be on strike I would report him to the international!

In 1998 we were all called in for a strike authorization vote. Not a contract vote, not a proposal meeting, just a strike authorization vote. Authorization passed by 80% or more and contract settled shortly thereafter without a strike.

Nobody wants to go on strike but it is the hammer we need to win a good contract. I believe that we have seen the last strike in the freight industry for quite a while. Both sides are too wise to let that happen.

In 1998 we were all called in for a strike authorization vote. Not a contract vote, not a proposal meeting, just a strike authorization vote. Authorization passed by 80% or more and contract settled shortly thereafter without a strike.

That was a long time ago. CF, roadway, USF, Preston, yellow, ABF, new penn and others, all separate company's under the NMFA. Today, well we all know what is going on today.

Then why in philly, they voted twice already on their suppliments and both times it got shot down? Now ups and the ibt r bak at the table. For a third time

Just remember guys the union will lie, cheat, and steal to pass this contract. All the millions they spent trying to organize Overnite it's plain and simply payback...

But I never really expected anything from the teamsters so I'm not disappointed. I will do my part with a no vote.

Just remember guys the union will lie, cheat, and steal to pass this contract. All the millions they spent trying to organize Overnite it's plain and simply payback...

But I never really expected anything from the teamsters so I'm not disappointed. I will do my part with a no vote.

I dunno about the money spent on Overnite organizing as being the payback. I am certain we embarrassed Hoffa/Hall by our first vote after all their bravado about that TA being the best contract known to man. We will be paid back over and over for that vote. I'm glad I'm down to 2 years to go. It's not gonna get better if this is voted in (and I think it will be voted in or forced upon us). The downward spiral continues....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Union/Local has been good for me. I have enforced my rights and my local has backed us up. Hoffa/Hall on the other hand....................:clappy: