Yellow | This is what a NO vote really means

Regular342

TB Veteran
Credits
All of you saying screw the company I'm voting NO, in affect are saying screw you to your fellow teamsters working and those collecting a pension. Yea, this probably won't save the day, but it will probably keep the doors open longer. The longer the doors are open the better it is for everyone. We are currently in the middle of a bad recession and I for one do not want to have to look for a job at this time.

And you older guys need to think very hard about that. Who is going to hire on a 50+ dock guy without a CDL? Or when a company has the option of hiring a 30+ guy and a 50+ guy you know they will almost always go with the younger guy. Put aside your anger and think what is best for everyone.

While this may be a bandaid on a gunshot wound at least we still have a job and in my opinion those of you wanting to vote No without hearing anything are being a bunch of selfish babies. I will probably vote yes just to try and keep the doors open. Sorry, but my family is more important than some childish screw the company attitude and my family needs my income and insurance.

Voting NO effectively closes the doors sooner rather than later and eliminates 40,000 teamster jobs and thousands of pensions. Yes Poor MGT decisions put us in this situation, but voting NO will not send them a message. And the execs who you think should be giving back will be getting their golden parachute either now or later.

Whats funny is that your guys screaming for a NO vote w/o hearing a damn thing are the same guys screaming for unity and brotherhood and what it means to be a teamster.....but then you have no problem voting NO and helping 40,000 of us head to the unemployment line. How is that unity, how is that brotherhood. Unions were designed to protect us from the compapny's and to PRESERVE jobs, not eliminate them. So for all you bitter cry babies screaming for a NO vote w/o hearing a thing I think I speak for many of us when I say :tongue0002:

Stop thinking of yourselves the longer the doors stay open the better it is for EVERYONE even if it is only 2 weeks longer.

A no vote means get the money somewhere else. Maybe Glen Moore, or sell the china company us teamsters paid for.

A no vote means get the money somewhere else. Maybe Glen Moore, or sell the china company us teamsters paid for.

Right On....

Let them get their money elsewhere.
Anyone whose been through this before, knows that the company wants you to pay for their mistakes, while they get the golden parachute.

Right On....

Let them get their money elsewhere.
Anyone whose been through this before, knows that the company wants you to pay for their mistakes, while they get the golden parachute.

They will get their golden parachutes whether this passes or not. You guys seem to be more concerned with what the execs will or will not get than what we could get. We could continue to work here or we could be filing unemployment. They will walk with their cash sooner or later I'm hoping for later, but apparently you guys want to tsick it to the man by losing your job........makes a lot of sense.

All of you saying screw the company I'm voting NO, in affect are saying screw you to your fellow teamsters working and those collecting a pension. Yea, this probably won't save the day, but it will probably keep the doors open longer. The longer the doors are open the better it is for everyone. We are currently in the middle of a bad recession and I for one do not want to have to look for a job at this time.

And you older guys need to think very hard about that. Who is going to hire on a 50+ dock guy without a CDL? Or when a company has the option of hiring a 30+ guy and a 50+ guy you know they will almost always go with the younger guy. Put aside your anger and think what is best for everyone.

While this may be a bandaid on a gunshot wound at least we still have a job and in my opinion those of you wanting to vote No without hearing anything are being a bunch of selfish babies. I will probably vote yes just to try and keep the doors open. Sorry, but my family is more important than some childish screw the company attitude and my family needs my income and insurance.

Voting NO effectively closes the doors sooner rather than later and eliminates 40,000 teamster jobs and thousands of pensions. Yes Poor MGT decisions put us in this situation, but voting NO will not send them a message. And the execs who you think should be giving back will be getting their golden parachute either now or later.

Whats funny is that your guys screaming for a NO vote w/o hearing a damn thing are the same guys screaming for unity and brotherhood and what it means to be a teamster.....but then you have no problem voting NO and helping 40,000 of us head to the unemployment line. How is that unity, how is that brotherhood. Unions were designed to protect us from the compapny's and to PRESERVE jobs, not eliminate them. So for all you bitter cry babies screaming for a NO vote w/o hearing a thing I think I speak for many of us when I say :tongue0002:

Stop thinking of yourselves the longer the doors stay open the better it is for EVERYONE even if it is only 2 weeks longer.

Well said!! I'm with you!!

If they truly want assistance, they will give us common stock in exchange for any wage reduction. If the company recovers, we will be able to sell the stock and recover what we gave away in cash wages. Otherwise, if the company recovers from their liquidity problems, the only one that will be laughing at the windfall are the officers, board members and other shareholders. They all are buying and/or being given stock or options at a reduced rate. We will simply be underpaid and the butt of many corporate jokes for being so stupid and naive.

If they truly want assistance, they will give us common stock in exchange for any wage reduction. If the company recovers, we will be able to sell the stock and recover what we gave away in cash wages. Otherwise, if the company recovers from their liquidity problems, the only one that will be laughing at the windfall are the officers, board members and other shareholders. They all are buying and/or being given stock or options at a reduced rate. We will simply be underpaid and the butt of many corporate jokes for being so stupid and naive.

I would love to get the stock as well, but if we don't we don't. I could care less about being the butt of a joke if it means I keep my job a while longer. The top dogs in the company will get their money no matter what. We can either close up shop and give it to them now or drag this out hopefully until the economy begins to recover and then close the doors.

NO

I will not dishonor what our forefathers have fought so hard and dear for. It may close the doors, but atleast I can walk away with my held high, I won't give in. I'm a TEAMSTER, and there is only one clear answer. Too many wanna be teamsters been rolling over and playing dead. I say to them, for once take a stand, and if they close atleast you can walk away a TEAMSTER who stood for what was right, fair, and just!

15% OF 22.27 IS 3.408 wich would take you back to $19.32 a hr. You guys were making more than that when I started 6.5 years ago. I can't see throwing the better part of 2 contracts away for corprate mismanagement.

remember around april when we asked for a cola, to help us out what would that have been a lousy dime maybe, and we couldn't get that. Course hoffa got that 78,000 raise

E-Mail | del.icio.us | Share | RSS | Print
William D. Zollars
CEO/Chairman of the Board/President/Director
YRC Worldwide, Incorporated
Overland Park , KS
Sector: SERVICES / Trucking
Officer since December 2003

Director , Cerner Corporation
North Kansas City , MO
Sector: TECHNOLOGY / Healthcare Information Services

Director , CIGNA Corporation
Philadelphia , PA
Sector: HEALTHCARE / Health Care Plans

Trustee , Prologis
Denver , CO
Sector: FINANCIAL / REIT - Industrial

60 Years Old
William D. Zollars, Chairman, President and Chief Executive Officer of the Company (since November 1999); President, Yellow Transportation, Inc. (1996-1999); Director, ProLogis Trust (real estate investment trust), Cerner Corporation (computer integrated systems design) and CIGNA Corporation (hospital and medical service plans).
Forbes Rankings
ProLogis - 627th on the Forbes Global 2000 in 2008
Cigna - 381st on the Forbes Global 2000 in 2008
Cerner - 85th on the The 100 Best Mid-Caps in America in 2008
YRC Worldwide - 1,841st on the Forbes Global 2000 in 2008
Cerner Forbes 400 Best Big Companies in 2008
See All Rankings >

Compensation
Salary $1,040,000.00
Bonus $0.00
Other Annual Compensation $0.00
Long term incentive plan payouts $0.00
Restricted stock awards $2,369,535.00
Security underlying options $0.00
All other compensation $191,889.00
Option awards $ $0.00
Non-equity incentive plan compensation $631,800.00
Change in pension value and nonqualified deferred compensation earnings $1,475,000.00
Total Compensation $5,708,224.00

Options Granted during Fiscal Year

I'm Done.

My dream of retiring a teamster is over with 9 years behind me I will never see the 25 I wish and was hoping for.
As of 5:45pm yesterday my mind set has changed I no longer want to be a part of this sinking ship. with the COO's the contract we ratified and now this, I'm Done.
Its is time for me to look for a employment elsewhere.
It may take a while to find a job in this economy but so be it.
I will go to work at roadway and do my job until i find another.

I think that everyone should vote a big NO! If we give that money back we will never see it again. IMO it is legalized stealing. Every Co. that has been on a giveback has went under. So no no no no!

The answer to the question before us is very very simple. Does management take a 50% pay cut? Do they get rid of the stipid NASCAR team? Do they ditch the golfer? If they do all of that then they are serious. If they don't then they just want to pad their pockets before they shut the doors. If they are serious then vote yes, if not then "pay the rates or shut the gates"

I know we've had our differences in the past, but this time I'm with you 100%......now is not the time to make rash decisions about our future without hearing all the facts......g

FELLOW WORKER, YOU WILL NOW TAKE AN OBLIGATION THAT WILL BIND YOU TO THE INTERNATIONAL BROTHERHOOD OF TEAMSTERS AND THIS LOCAL UNION, AND THAT WILL IN NO WAY CONFLICT WITH YOUR RELIGIOUS BELIEF OR YOUR DUTIES AS A CITIZEN:

I, (GIVE NAME) , PLEDGE MY HONOR TO FAITHFULLY OBSERVE THE CONSTITUTION AND THE LAWS OF THE INTERNATIONAL BROTHERHOOD OF TEAMSTERS AND THE BY-LAWS AND LAWS OF THIS LOCAL UNION.

I PLEDGE THAT I WILL COMPLY WITH ALL THE RULES AND REGULATIONS FOR THE GOVERNMENT OF THE INTERNATIONAL UNION AND THIS LOCAL UNION.

I WILL FAITHFULLY PERFORM ALL THE DUTIES ASSIGNED TO ME TO THE BEST OF MY ABILITY AND SKILL.

I WILL CONDUCT MYSELF AT ALL TIMES IN A MANNER AS NOT TO BRING REPROACH UPON MY UNION.

I SHALL TAKE AN AFFIRMATIVE PART IN THE BUSINESS AND ACTIVITIES OF THE UNION AND ACCEPT AND DISCHARGE MY RESPONSIBILITIES DURING ANY AUTHORIZED STRIKE OR LOCKOUT.

I PLEDGE NOT TO DIVULGE TO NON-MEMBERS THE PRIVATE BUSINESS OF THIS LOCAL UNION, UNLESS AUTHORIZED TO REVEAL SAME.

I WILL NEVER KNOWINGLY HARM A FELLOW MEMBER.

I WILL NEVER DISCRIMINATE AGAINST A FELLOW WORKER ON ACCOUNT OF RACE, COLOR, RELIGION, SEX, AGE, PHYSICAL DISABILITY, OR NATURAL ORIGIN.

I WILL REFRAIN FROM ANY CONDUCT THAT WOULD INTERFERE WITH THE UNION’S PERFORMANCE OF ITS LEGAL OR CONTRACTUAL OBLIGATIONS.

I WILL AT ALL TIMES BEAR TRUE AND FAITHFUL ALLEGIANCE TO THE INTERNATIONAL BROTHERHOOD OF TEAMSTERS AND THIS LOCAL UNION.

you know there are lot of ways you can interpret this....... a no vote would send the company down the tubs thus doing away with thousands of decent paying jobs. Teamster Jobs. a no vote would put an early end to our union i know i don't plan to run away from this.

For any discussion of a pay cut I need every penny I lose paid back to me in Preferred stock options for 5 years. If we make it, great, if not, I expect to be at the front of the line at Bankruptcy court to get my contribution back.

My prediction? YRC doesn't see the snow melt.

A yes vote, based on 40000 Teamsters at a $600 p/mon giveback will give the company $24,000,000 a month or just under $2.5 Billion Dollars a year. The numbers don't match with the debt they are claiming. The difference will be profits, given out to executives and stock holders.

Assumes an average wage of just under $1000 p/week.

I did that quick, hope I crunched correctly.

http://finance.yahoo.com/q/bs?s=YRCW