Yellow | This is what a NO vote really means

I have read most of the post here and I talked to a few people that are in a higher place than myself.......basically Fedex and UPS are discounting the hell out of freight right now and YRCW is having to match them to keep the customers......I magine a baby alligator if you kill it while it is young then no problem on the other hand if you let it get full grown it will eat you up.......Fedex and UPS are scared shtiless that once the merger is done the size of our operation will dwarf them out of the ground market.....so they are hauling freight for almost nothing and in some cases losing money to try to put us (YRCW) under......Take it for what it is worth but it made alot of sense to me once I sat and thought about it....

As I've always said, "Leadership starts at the top and the rest will follow!" Pay cuts should start at the top, and the rest will follow...

If they truly want assistance, they will give us common stock in exchange for any wage reduction. If the company recovers, we will be able to sell the stock and recover what we gave away in cash wages. Otherwise, if the company recovers from their liquidity problems, the only one that will be laughing at the windfall are the officers, board members and other shareholders. They all are buying and/or being given stock or options at a reduced rate. We will simply be underpaid and the butt of many corporate jokes for being so stupid and naive.

I like your Idea vwaggs!

I have read most of the post here and I talked to a few people that are in a higher place than myself.......basically Fedex and UPS are discounting the hell out of freight right now and YRCW is having to match them to keep the customers......I magine a baby alligator if you kill it while it is young then no problem on the other hand if you let it get full grown it will eat you up.......Fedex and UPS are scared shtiless that once the merger is done the size of our operation will dwarf them out of the ground market.....so they are hauling freight for almost nothing and in some cases losing money to try to put us (YRCW) under......Take it for what it is worth but it made alot of sense to me once I sat and thought about it....
I guess I don't understand this. Each of us, Yell and Rdwy were hugh power houses in the country. Together we will be a smaller company. How does this going from 600 terminals to 400 terminals dwarf the competition any more after the merger than before? And right now I'm thinking its been proven the synergy thing was all a figment of Zollars imagination. So can you explain how this is supposed to scare the competition. Enlighten me. Not saying your wrong just at this point I don't see it. :shrug:

to vwaggs, i just checked all my posts, nothing in there about the nmfa. maybe you need to check facts be fore trying to sound like a big fuuny dude. the only thing i say is teamsters dont give up. i see everyone talking about the ones that came before you . did they give up?

NO

I will not dishonor what our forefathers have fought so hard and dear for. It may close the doors, but atleast I can walk away with my held high, I won't give in. I'm a TEAMSTER, and there is only one clear answer. Too many wanna be teamsters been rolling over and playing dead. I say to them, for once take a stand, and if they close atleast you can walk away a TEAMSTER who stood for what was right, fair, and just!

Maybe if you stand with your head held high in the unemployment line you could see all the way to the front.:hysterical:

All of you saying screw the company I'm voting NO, in affect are saying screw you to your fellow teamsters working and those collecting a pension. Yea, this probably won't save the day, but it will probably keep the doors open longer. The longer the doors are open the better it is for everyone. We are currently in the middle of a bad recession and I for one do not want to have to look for a job at this time.

And you older guys need to think very hard about that. Who is going to hire on a 50+ dock guy without a CDL? Or when a company has the option of hiring a 30+ guy and a 50+ guy you know they will almost always go with the younger guy. Put aside your anger and think what is best for everyone.

While this may be a bandaid on a gunshot wound at least we still have a job and in my opinion those of you wanting to vote No without hearing anything are being a bunch of selfish babies. I will probably vote yes just to try and keep the doors open. Sorry, but my family is more important than some childish screw the company attitude and my family needs my income and insurance.

Voting NO effectively closes the doors sooner rather than later and eliminates 40,000 teamster jobs and thousands of pensions. Yes Poor MGT decisions put us in this situation, but voting NO will not send them a message. And the execs who you think should be giving back will be getting their golden parachute either now or later.

Whats funny is that your guys screaming for a NO vote w/o hearing a damn thing are the same guys screaming for unity and brotherhood and what it means to be a teamster.....but then you have no problem voting NO and helping 40,000 of us head to the unemployment line. How is that unity, how is that brotherhood. Unions were designed to protect us from the compapny's and to PRESERVE jobs, not eliminate them. So for all you bitter cry babies screaming for a NO vote w/o hearing a thing I think I speak for many of us when I say :tongue0002:

Stop thinking of yourselves the longer the doors stay open the better it is for EVERYONE even if it is only 2 weeks longer.

Sorry I don't buy it.
This type of thinking got us the crap contract thet we no have.
Gee I remember them saying that if we don't vote yes on the contract they would close the doors.
Then it was the COO for veloicty or they would close the doors.
Sorry pal they will close the dorrs no mater what we do.

All of you saying screw the company I'm voting NO, in affect are saying screw you to your fellow teamsters working and those collecting a pension. Yea, this probably won't save the day, but it will probably keep the doors open longer. The longer the doors are open the better it is for everyone. We are currently in the middle of a bad recession and I for one do not want to have to look for a job at this time.

And you older guys need to think very hard about that. Who is going to hire on a 50+ dock guy without a CDL? Or when a company has the option of hiring a 30+ guy and a 50+ guy you know they will almost always go with the younger guy. Put aside your anger and think what is best for everyone.

While this may be a bandaid on a gunshot wound at least we still have a job and in my opinion those of you wanting to vote No without hearing anything are being a bunch of selfish babies. I will probably vote yes just to try and keep the doors open. Sorry, but my family is more important than some childish screw the company attitude and my family needs my income and insurance.

Voting NO effectively closes the doors sooner rather than later and eliminates 40,000 teamster jobs and thousands of pensions. Yes Poor MGT decisions put us in this situation, but voting NO will not send them a message. And the execs who you think should be giving back will be getting their golden parachute either now or later.

Whats funny is that your guys screaming for a NO vote w/o hearing a damn thing are the same guys screaming for unity and brotherhood and what it means to be a teamster.....but then you have no problem voting NO and helping 40,000 of us head to the unemployment line. How is that unity, how is that brotherhood. Unions were designed to protect us from the compapny's and to PRESERVE jobs, not eliminate them. So for all you bitter cry babies screaming for a NO vote w/o hearing a thing I think I speak for many of us when I say :tongue0002:

Stop thinking of yourselves the longer the doors stay open the better it is for EVERYONE even if it is only 2 weeks longer.

I agree with your post, Reg342. And I might add, to the ones that are so convinced this won't work, maybe you will be happier if you sign a quit slip now.

I agree with your post, Reg342. And I might add, to the ones that are so convinced this won't work, maybe you will be happier if you sign a quit slip now.
Nope! Won't do it! If I can't be happy here I don't want you to be either. :chairshot: Ya that was a stupid statement on my part, thats how I veiw the ones of just quit too. :ShakeHandsNah:

Anyone that has stayed informed about whats going on with our economy will vote yes .This is not a regular ression this country is in big trouble .This is just the beginning, it has'nt even got bad yet.Our goverment knows this so does YRC and the union.Im all for fighting the company I mean they really scewed this one up, but in three months any other job you get you will also lose.If you dont have any time with YRC Im sorry guys Ill pray for you.

Guy's If YRC goes under so does Central States and maybe the Eastern and the Western goes ??? WE have only one real option and mybe we the TEAMSTERS can keep our jobs and support our family with the 15% give backs. Where will you and I go to earn 19.56 per hour? Please VOTE YES!!

Maybe we should wait to see what they want? Maybe we should tell them what he want?? I think there are things that need to be addressed before you make up your minds? All of the vote yes people out there are you willing to take a pay cut and watch Y.R.C. take that money and build up Glen Moore?? A NON UNION CO. Are you wiiling to watch the company keep making the same mistakes that caused most of this to happen? People take a look there is ABF, they are doing it rite. They are making it. We should be making it thru these hard times.

I am a teamster for 28 years I went thru this before I am voting no all the company is doing is putting a band aid on this to slow the bleeding and the union is giving the band aid to the company because the officals and management dont want to loose their big paychecks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We the Drivers ,Dockworkers, are the ones who suffer after all we are told by the management and union we are the "Bread & Butter" enough of the bull from both sides

i'm not going to sound off hand here but really bad things are going to happen when people lose their jobs and pensions, i don't care what anybody says when they say it's just a job, if they put a lot of time in for a company like this and end up losing their job or pension, they'll go crazy, yes i said the word crazy, and when people go crazy they will do anything their mind desires them to do no matter how rational or irrational it is, so far i've heard of many bad things (and not many good things) from blogs and message boards and news stations all around the world and if what i hear comes true, this world will take a big turn for the worse, all you have to do is turn on your tv or computer or read the first couple pages of the paper or talk to your buddy at work and you'll see what i mean, what people can talk about is endless cause everything just seems to be a bigger mess now than what it was years ago and the mess will just get bigger as people in high places won't confess their mistakes

hey y'all , Iam just a dumb city driver with Yellow. Do you guys actually look around when you are peddling freight, workin the dock? The country is falling apart. One pickup we used to switch trailers at ,we now get 4-5 skids on a good day.Oh and they are laying off and taking a 5$hr paycut. Guys in fact most of us have only read about the great depression up until now, alot of folks are starting to live it. To all the guys with the close the gates B.S., I was just like you. Till I started looking around, talkin to folks about there plant closing, mass lay-offs. Suddenlly 1$hr. aint soundin to bad.
All I keep reading and hearing is the company is tryin to pad thier pockets.................You got to be kiddin. The company has made moves to save yrcw, remember all the mgmt, non-union job cuts a couple months ago.....If BZ wanted to close us why is he spending 100million to pay down debt, why even waste time tryin to get a give-back. Open your eyes people this aint Preston, AnR advance, Alvan........etc. We are economic times that have not been seen in years and years.
Now before anyone says Iam not a REAL teamster, Iam 3rd generation....and as Hardcore as they come. I however realize my paycheck comes from YRCW, I pay dues to the TEAMSTERS.
By the way one of non-union competitors told me Tuesday that his terminal mgr told them that if the economy didnt turn soon they will be facing wage cuts also.........just somethin to think about.

Hey mcv !! I hear you Im second generation ,and also a dum city driver paying dues.I used to make ten pic ups and fill the trailer not any more .The trailers are half empty now .They just laid off 7 more drivers wed afternoon.

I agree at this point what choice do we have...work for another company that management hates unions ....seriously think about it how many LTL'S will hire union men....I started in the freight industry after the navy...worked for a couple of union companies and after 89 days let go......went to non union and they needed workers the company told me ...then they saw my past employeement with union companies and basically and in not so many words we have no opening ...when they had them 15 minutes before......with non union working their guys 4 days a week sometimes and maybe laying off also who do you think they will hire first?.....We are considered cancer to non union management and if you have had anytime in in the freight industry you know this to be true.:1036316054:

The real problem here is the distrust. The thought of Dollar putting the money in his pocket is what I find the most distasteful. I will wait to see it before I make up my mind.