Yellow | This is what a NO vote really means

As someone posted here before if YRCW was going to go out why do they pay down their debt?.......it is smart to take 100 million to pay off 230 million in debt don't you think?

As someone posted here before if YRCW was going to go out why do they pay down their debt?.......it is smart to take 100 million to pay off 230 million in debt don't you think?
Yes sounds smart. The key word was DISTRUST.:1036316054:

"All of you saying screw the company I'm voting NO, in affect are saying screw you to your fellow teamsters working and those collecting a pension."

you should be in mgmt

"All of you saying screw the company I'm voting NO, in affect are saying screw you to your fellow teamsters working and those collecting a pension."

you should be in mgmt
Reverse psychology works with children. It hasn't worked for the 3 or 4 other posters that used it, it don't work for you either. Give it a rest.

Short memory

It's funny how the guys trying to convince everyone to vote yes on this have such short memories! Just under 1 year ago, when this contract was up for ratifacation, we were screaming about the pathetic raise that was included in the language. Now all of a sudden you are so willing to give that back plus 15%? Come on guys...is your mortage payment going to come down, or your electric bill? We are the one's doing the work! We should be the last one's they come to! Sell some assets first before you come to me! Do we really need the China company? Did they not even consider that borrowing so much so fast might come back to haunt them? I would never put a million dollars on my credit card with no plan to pay it off if times got hard! These are the smart people making decisions about our company! It is going to be hard to do, but I'm voting NO! I wonder whoever is counting the votes are they going to be losing money too? This vote will pass no matter what the real count is!

This vote will pass no matter what the real count is!
This vote will pass because even though a lot of guys talk tough, here and at work, they'll vote yes in private......just like they do on contracts. At least there are some honest guys who'll come right out and say they're voting yes.

Voting NO!

I am a teamster for 28 years I went thru this before I am voting no all the company is doing is putting a band aid on this to slow the bleeding and the union is giving the band aid to the company because the officals and management dont want to loose their big paychecks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We the Drivers ,Dockworkers, are the ones who suffer after all we are told by the management and union we are the "Bread & Butter" enough of the bull from both sides

You said it, brother! I am tired of all the talk. Talk is cheap. Now they can walk the walk, or else.

i'm not going to sound off hand here but really bad things are going to happen when people lose their jobs and pensions, i don't care what anybody says when they say it's just a job, if they put a lot of time in for a company like this and end up losing their job or pension, they'll go crazy, yes i said the word crazy, and when people go crazy they will do anything their mind desires them to do no matter how rational or irrational it is, so far i've heard of many bad things (and not many good things) from blogs and message boards and news stations all around the world and if what i hear comes true, this world will take a big turn for the worse, all you have to do is turn on your tv or computer or read the first couple pages of the paper or talk to your buddy at work and you'll see what i mean, what people can talk about is endless cause everything just seems to be a bigger mess now than what it was years ago and the mess will just get bigger as people in high places won't confess their mistakes

The world has been going "crazy" for quite some time now, so your scare tactics won't work on people like me.

(Check out that poor Walmart Worker who was crushed to death by shoppers. That didn't used to happen years ago.)

If things get "bad", I am going to protect myself and my family no matter what it takes.

I am still voting "NO" on a raw deal, like many of us are.

Play it "safe" and vote "YES".......NOT!!!!!!

always vote "NO" on everything. weve been sold out enough already as teamsters,as a country. grow sacks.

Right on!!

This country is full of sissies and has been for years.

The Teamsters of the WWII generation would be telling us to vote "NO" to this deal, if they still could, IMHO.

Roadway Express:1930 to 2005

My dream of retiring a teamster is over with 9 years behind me I will never see the 25 I wish and was hoping for.
As of 5:45pm yesterday my mind set has changed I no longer want to be a part of this sinking ship. with the COO's the contract we ratified and now this, I'm Done.
Its is time for me to look for a employment elsewhere.
It may take a while to find a job in this economy but so be it.
I will go to work at roadway and do my job until i find another.

Anyone else miss the fact that Roadway Express was started in 1930, DURING the Great Depression?

Don't expect a fast economic recovery, folks.

I would love to get the stock as well, but if we don't we don't. I could care less about being the butt of a joke if it means I keep my job a while longer. The top dogs in the company will get their money no matter what. We can either close up shop and give it to them now or drag this out hopefully until the economy begins to recover and then close the doors.

The economy isn't expected to even start to recover until 2010, if then.

Most predictions, by experts in economics, seem to lean towards a *very* grim 2009. Most don't expect any recovery until 2011-12.

That's a long time by my reckoning.

All of you saying screw the company I'm voting NO, in affect are saying screw you to your fellow teamsters working and those collecting a pension. Yea, this probably won't save the day, but it will probably keep the doors open longer. The longer the doors are open the better it is for everyone. We are currently in the middle of a bad recession and I for one do not want to have to look for a job at this time.

And you older guys need to think very hard about that. Who is going to hire on a 50+ dock guy without a CDL? Or when a company has the option of hiring a 30+ guy and a 50+ guy you know they will almost always go with the younger guy. Put aside your anger and think what is best for everyone.

While this may be a bandaid on a gunshot wound at least we still have a job and in my opinion those of you wanting to vote No without hearing anything are being a bunch of selfish babies. I will probably vote yes just to try and keep the doors open. Sorry, but my family is more important than some childish screw the company attitude and my family needs my income and insurance.

Voting NO effectively closes the doors sooner rather than later and eliminates 40,000 teamster jobs and thousands of pensions. Yes Poor MGT decisions put us in this situation, but voting NO will not send them a message. And the execs who you think should be giving back will be getting their golden parachute either now or later.

Whats funny is that your guys screaming for a NO vote w/o hearing a damn thing are the same guys screaming for unity and brotherhood and what it means to be a teamster.....but then you have no problem voting NO and helping 40,000 of us head to the unemployment line. How is that unity, how is that brotherhood. Unions were designed to protect us from the compapny's and to PRESERVE jobs, not eliminate them. So for all you bitter cry babies screaming for a NO vote w/o hearing a thing I think I speak for many of us when I say :tongue0002:

Stop thinking of yourselves the longer the doors stay open the better it is for EVERYONE even if it is only 2 weeks longer.

Spoken like a true company MEaster. Grow a friggin sack already. YRCW has plenty of assets to sell to improve their cash flow. Just like they scared the MEasters into voting YES on this POS contract, they're gonna scare the nutless into voting this BS through.
Use your brain for once. How many freakin empty terminals are gonna be lying around after the merger? How many unused tow-motors? How many trailers are lying around unused? The chinese co. mentioned. YRC has tons of collateral to liquidate.
This is NOT a do or die situation. Wake up and smell the coffee. Just another scare tactic.:butt kiss:

I'm going to do you a favor

Well, I only have 20 years with the company (originally Roadway). I'm fortunate enough (old enough) to have my 80 and out.

I think those voting no on concessions, in light of the economic facts facing this company, are idiots. Selfish idiots to boot. Sorry if I hurt anyone feelings. :butt kiss: The facts are the facts. The union has qualified auditors to review the YRC loan covenants. Credit markets are FROZEN people....lenders are not taking any more risk than they have to...Now is not the time to have to come up with new financing.....

Arguably, YRC has made management mistakes. However, competing with non-union carriers and their lower wage structure is a VERY difficult task. However, past mistakes are not the question. The question is, do you want to work beyond Christmas? Perhaps only 5-6 months. Perhaps longer. Maybe, just maybe the company will survive the current recession. Chances are slim, but better than a chain across the gate.

The bottom line is this is almost the last union freight company of any size (No offense ABF). There are not that many union jobs left. Any thing that might just help YRC get through the next recession might give it a chance to provide quality jobs for thousands of union employees and help thousands more make it to retirement. It also might enable one or more of the pension funds remain solvent. Or maybe just delay the day of reckoning for thousands of existing pensioners.

I'm going to be retiring soon anyway, so it's not my problem, I hope. However, I am going to do all you guys a favor and vote for anything that might help the company provide you with a chance to retire like me. I've got too many fellow employees that are close and need just a few more years. They deserve a shot.

My dream of retiring a teamster is over with 9 years behind me I will never see the 25 I wish and was hoping for.
As of 5:45pm yesterday my mind set has changed I no longer want to be a part of this sinking ship. with the COO's the contract we ratified and now this, I'm Done.
Its is time for me to look for a employment elsewhere.
It may take a while to find a job in this economy but so be it.
I will go to work at roadway and do my job until i find another.

Unfortunately, I have to agree with you. I will wait until I hear the proposal next Sunday and then make up my mind for sure.

Well, I only have 20 years with the company (originally Roadway). I'm fortunate enough (old enough) to have my 80 and out.

I think those voting no on concessions, in light of the economic facts facing this company, are idiots. Selfish idiots to boot. Sorry if I hurt anyone feelings. :butt kiss: The facts are the facts. The union has qualified auditors to review the YRC loan covenants. Credit markets are FROZEN people....lenders are not taking any more risk than they have to...Now is not the time to have to come up with new financing.....

Arguably, YRC has made management mistakes. However, competing with non-union carriers and their lower wage structure is a VERY difficult task. However, past mistakes are not the question. The question is, do you want to work beyond Christmas? Perhaps only 5-6 months. Perhaps longer. Maybe, just maybe the company will survive the current recession. Chances are slim, but better than a chain across the gate.

The bottom line is this is almost the last union freight company of any size (No offense ABF). There are not that many union jobs left. Any thing that might just help YRC get through the next recession might give it a chance to provide quality jobs for thousands of union employees and help thousands more make it to retirement. It also might enable one or more of the pension funds remain solvent. Or maybe just delay the day of reckoning for thousands of existing pensioners.

I'm going to be retiring soon anyway, so it's not my problem, I hope. However, I am going to do all you guys a favor and vote for anything that might help the company provide you with a chance to retire like me. I've got too many fellow employees that are close and need just a few more years. They deserve a shot.

Great first post

Spoken like a true company MEaster. Grow a friggin sack already. YRCW has plenty of assets to sell to improve their cash flow. Just like they scared the MEasters into voting YES on this POS contract, they're gonna scare the nutless into voting this BS through.
Use your brain for once. How many freakin empty terminals are gonna be lying around after the merger? How many unused tow-motors? How many trailers are lying around unused? The chinese co. mentioned. YRC has tons of collateral to liquidate.
This is NOT a do or die situation. Wake up and smell the coffee. Just another scare tactic.:butt kiss:

No, I'm looking out for everyone here including those retired. You on the other hand are just looking out for yourself which makes you the MEaster. I voted No on this contract, but what does that have to do with the situation we are in. Sure they will have all those assets lying around, but explain to me who is going to buy them? Come on genious. It's like a kid with a bunch of old "valuable" baseball cards. Sure on paper he's got a lot of cash just sitting there. The problem is that they are only worth what someone is willing to pay. And I doubt there are too many companies that need extra terminals right now. You have a lot to learn unfortuantely for you time is running out. And you will be one of those guys standing around wondering what the hell just happened.