Yellow | This is what a NO vote really means

Transcon stock

If they truly want assistance, they will give us common stock in exchange for any wage reduction. If the company recovers, we will be able to sell the stock and recover what we gave away in cash wages. Otherwise, if the company recovers from their liquidity problems, the only one that will be laughing at the windfall are the officers, board members and other shareholders. They all are buying and/or being given stock or options at a reduced rate. We will simply be underpaid and the butt of many corporate jokes for being so stupid and naive.

I still got TRANSCON stock I got back in 1979 from a give back program. Hey !Just thought, maybe I can sell it on ebay.

FELLOW WORKER, YOU WILL NOW TAKE AN OBLIGATION THAT WILL BIND YOU TO THE INTERNATIONAL BROTHERHOOD OF TEAMSTERS AND THIS LOCAL UNION, AND THAT WILL IN NO WAY CONFLICT WITH YOUR RELIGIOUS BELIEF OR YOUR DUTIES AS A CITIZEN:

I, (GIVE NAME) , PLEDGE MY HONOR TO FAITHFULLY OBSERVE THE CONSTITUTION AND THE LAWS OF THE INTERNATIONAL BROTHERHOOD OF TEAMSTERS AND THE BY-LAWS AND LAWS OF THIS LOCAL UNION.

I PLEDGE THAT I WILL COMPLY WITH ALL THE RULES AND REGULATIONS FOR THE GOVERNMENT OF THE INTERNATIONAL UNION AND THIS LOCAL UNION.

I WILL FAITHFULLY PERFORM ALL THE DUTIES ASSIGNED TO ME TO THE BEST OF MY ABILITY AND SKILL.

I WILL CONDUCT MYSELF AT ALL TIMES IN A MANNER AS NOT TO BRING REPROACH UPON MY UNION.

I SHALL TAKE AN AFFIRMATIVE PART IN THE BUSINESS AND ACTIVITIES OF THE UNION AND ACCEPT AND DISCHARGE MY RESPONSIBILITIES DURING ANY AUTHORIZED STRIKE OR LOCKOUT.

I PLEDGE NOT TO DIVULGE TO NON-MEMBERS THE PRIVATE BUSINESS OF THIS LOCAL UNION, UNLESS AUTHORIZED TO REVEAL SAME.

I WILL NEVER KNOWINGLY HARM A FELLOW MEMBER.

I WILL NEVER DISCRIMINATE AGAINST A FELLOW WORKER ON ACCOUNT OF RACE, COLOR, RELIGION, SEX, AGE, PHYSICAL DISABILITY, OR NATURAL ORIGIN.

I WILL REFRAIN FROM ANY CONDUCT THAT WOULD INTERFERE WITH THE UNION’S PERFORMANCE OF ITS LEGAL OR CONTRACTUAL OBLIGATIONS.

I WILL AT ALL TIMES BEAR TRUE AND FAITHFUL ALLEGIANCE TO THE INTERNATIONAL BROTHERHOOD OF TEAMSTERS AND THIS LOCAL UNION.

you know there are lot of ways you can interpret this....... a no vote would send the company down the tubs thus doing away with thousands of decent paying jobs. Teamster Jobs. a no vote would put an early end to our union i know i don't plan to run away from this.

A vote of yes or no is every teamsters rite, remember that.

A NO vote does not necessarily mean they will shut the doors! They might be able to find other sources. But, that is the risk that we will be taking.

we might as well strike why we are at it

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Let's vote no on the wage giveback and let's go on strike as well for yrc violating the local contracts on a daily basis. They are in a tremendously bad financial position. It is all managements fault. It is management's fault for waste, poor planning, bad investments, etc. It still doesn't change the fact that if we don't help them money wise right now, they will close up sooner than the latter. I would rather milk it for 6 more months if we can, maybe the economy will pick up, maybe it won't, but in 6 months we will all be better prepared for the unemployment line. Think about the money you will have to pay for your insurance under cobra, think about what unemployment pays, look into all that before you vote. I would rather give up a couple three dollars an hour for maybe ever, than be out of a job tomorrow. There are no driving jobs out there boys. All the other trucking companies will gobble up our freight. Do you think they will become so busy that they will definitely hire you to help them. Most companies have men on layoff, men working less than 8 hour days, less than 5 days a week, our demise will only allow other companies to max out their workforce. The economy is so bad that you think you will be able to go over to ABF and get hired at a local barn nearest you, how many do you think they will need? Not 300 drivers, not going to happen like the old days. We will all be dispersed singularly fighting for our own survival. Do you think the non unions want us, or need us? You are wrong. Don't be stupid. Prolong the possible inevitable for as long as we can, because the alternative really sucks. Good luck to all. Management sucks, that can't be changed by us, so we should stop complaining about them. This is about our own personal survival. 85% of our union wages with the insurance covered for our families is better financially than any other alternative, Period!!!!! Call your accountant or someone you know who is good at math and have them figure it out on paper. Drop the egos and hardcore union stance so we all have a chance at survival. Thanks. Have a nice Thanksgiving.

We have no where else to go. If we vote no and YRCW shuts down. Where are we goning to finish our careers? I got 15 years paid in, I guess that'll have to do.

Guy's If YRC goes under so does Central States and maybe the Eastern and the Western goes ??? WE have only one real option and mybe we the TEAMSTERS can keep our jobs and support our family with the 15% give backs. Where will you and I go to earn 19.56 per hour? Please VOTE YES!!

No vote or yes vote

There are many valid points to voting yes and keeping the teamsters alive to possible "live" another day, and to keeping your job and benefits awhile longer. I will not prejudge anyone for those feelings or the locals or International Union until we actually here something. I can't help but Imagine what it took for the first people(who before the teamsters) stood up for what was right, they didn't have permission from the government or the company and stood to lose everything including their lives. I don't mean to insult anyone when here but, It seems like what I hear is that many people have resigned themselves to the belief that we as teamster rank and file must agree to what the company puts forward. I would like to know what you would give to buy another week for your job? how about a month? When does giving in to work turn into giving up on core teamster working class values? When does it become your fault that no action taken on your behalf either against the company or the union to change things for whatever your values are? The Teamsters can't force the company's to operate profitably, all they can do is give away our pay and benefits and hope they can fix the company. They don't want are opinions anyway just our concessions in pay and benefits. Why shouldn't yrc give us a plan on just what how they exactly are going to be profitable, and managements pay cuts. should the local unions reduce the dues to International union by the same amount we are? Will are local officals take pay cuts, especialy since we are losing so many members? When we become afraid of losing something if we act like teamsters,with a middleclass Values for a short term gain we have already lost.:USA::USA:

guys ,a no vote is what they want. they will just move the freight for half the cost under a different name.(glen moore) no matter what you do when they combine our terminals i am out of a job any way. but i have been a teamster for 25yrs seen alot come and go i dont want you guys go down easy. vote yes work a while longer. make the bas-----ds prove what they say. dont give them what they want. my own opinion is the whole yrc thing is about breaking teamsters not moving freight!! make em earn it!!!!!

This isn't about Zollars Folks. This is about our jobs. Anyone ever stop to think that we arent the only company in trouble? All we need is a **** carrier to go under, and there are a few big players that are considering it, for business/revenue/pricing to stabilize.We need to give back and hope we pull thru. We have nothing to lose by doing so. Going to work elsewhere would be another 15% drop in pay over the % YRCW is asking for.Read this well folks YRC Worldwide leaps on debt payment plan, upgrade: Financial News - Yahoo! Finance The analyst explains the situation well and to the point.YRCW isn't crying poor, they are poor and they need us to vote yes on this or we really will be working for 30% less at a **** outfit.15% and possibly turn it around working under Union protection or 30% working for a **** outfit and fire at will?
Plus, if your going to retire in 9 years....The fund will be empty. It will go 9 years without contributions then its sunk per the administrator.Vote yes folks,,,,you have a lot to lose.

they need a time limit on the give back 6 monthhs to 2yrs max, then back to that piece of garbage we call the nmfa:chairshot:

They need until the economy pulls out of recession plus two years to build up the coffers....... 5 years which is our contract length.If we give this to them, theres hope. If we don't?

Weren't you saying the same thing about voting for the last NMFA!!! :hysterical::hysterical:

The sky is falling, the sky is falling!!!

guys ,a no vote is what they want. they will just move the freight for half the cost under a different name.(glen moore) no matter what you do when they combine our terminals i am out of a job any way. but i have been a teamster for 25yrs seen alot come and go i dont want you guys go down easy. vote yes work a while longer. make the bas-----ds prove what they say. dont give them what they want. my own opinion is the whole yrc thing is about breaking teamsters not moving freight!! make em earn it!!!!!

People I need this job for 8 more years to get my bennys and pension. I would love to give the co what ever it wants to get me there. But we all know that every give back in the past has had only one outcome. So our options are, 1: vote to give them anything they want, and mabey they stay around for 3 to 6 more months. 2: vote no and they still stay around for 3 to 6 months, Or 3: they sell off the co in China, stop building up there non union divisions and then come and ask for a give back. I will not vote to give them my money to build up a non union job.

Give me the stock.
Make this 15% go for ALL of YRC, from Zollers, all management, and down to the last person hired.
Make it temporary, so if we pull through we get back what we gave up.

Then I will know they want to survive.

Otherwise it is just the final chapter in the big book of union busting.

I also think it should be company wide. We're the ones taking the brunt of all the cutbacks. There is plenty of dead weight still to be cutoff, but would good is it cutting it off if their just gonna give them severance packages. How much are they actually saving? I'll take the stock, but their not gonna give it!