Yellow | those of you voting no r u really yrc employees/teamsters

Read this and see how many logical fallacies you can count

You know, In 25 years that I've been a union driver, never once have I ever heard a driver use the word "fallacies"...... Sounds like something an attorney would say!

This is why i never hear any driver using it... it just isn't a word thats used outside of the courts that often!

In logic and rhetoric, a fallacy is a misconception resulting from incorrect reasoning in argumentation, also known as the Evan technique. By accident or design, fallacies may exploit emotional triggers in the listener or interlocutor (e.g. appeal to emotion), or take advantage of social relationships between people (e.g. argument from authority). Fallacious arguments are often structured using rhetorical patterns that obscure the logical argument, making fallacies more difficult to diagnose. Also, the components of the fallacy may be spread out over separate arguments.

Last edited by a moderator:
I haven't figured out which way to vote yet.
But i do know that if you expect to vote no be prepared for the worst if you want to bring home 900 or more a week.
I got laid off from YRC june 09,was not a good time to look for a good job,so in sept. i had to settle for something to get me through the winter.
Here is what i did:running sometime's 24 hours with little or no sleep,Ct to IN and back. Reefer
Up and down 95 between the bronx and laurel MD all week same scenerio no sleep,not even time to shower.
Let me tell ya 3500 miles up and down that stretch of road will suck the life out of ya.

My older brother who by the way was an owner operator with united van lines came to work for this guy too,and only stayed 4 day's.
So if an owner operator thought it was a slave job it must be bad right.

Oh and that will probably put an end to this thread too seeing how almost every time i post i get 0 response.
Can someone please verify for me if my post's are all too moronic to respond too,cause if they are i will refrain from posting, THANX.

they only respond usually, if you have taken one side or the other! since your still undecided, theres nothing to debate about your posts! thats probably a good thing

Jim, you are right! Not many good jobs out there, the companies who will pick up our frieght have many laid off, or as percenters to help them out. Everyone needs to vote, with their head.

Last edited by a moderator:
I haven't figured out which way to vote yet.
But i do know that if you expect to vote no be prepared for the worst if you want to bring home 900 or more a week.
I got laid off from YRC june 09,was not a good time to look for a good job,so in sept. i had to settle for something to get me through the winter.
Here is what i did:running sometime's 24 hours with little or no sleep,Ct to IN and back. Reefer
Up and down 95 between the bronx and laurel MD all week same scenerio no sleep,not even time to shower.
Let me tell ya 3500 miles up and down that stretch of road will suck the life out of ya.
Oh and that will probably put an end to this thread too seeing how almost every time i post i get 0 response.

Can someone please verify for me if my post's are all too moronic to respond too,cause if they are i will refrain from posting, THANX.

the bro from Ct..not moronic at all about the post. I was in the same situation only with a tanker..dreadful dreadful. When I got the job at Roadway handling 50lb cartons and driving junk and dealing with bs everyday it was way better then what I had. There is nothing like a union freight job and what's left of it is about to be thrown away. YRC Teamsters will be the laughing stock of the industry if the no happens

I am a thirty-five year teamster. And I think listening to our teamster management telling us this is the only offer I have to believe them. They have had the ability to look at the books to make their decisions. What proof are you going by? GUT FEELINGS. I think I am more comfortable believing their judgement having seen the proof.
Yes. That's right. I am going with my guy feelings, since these so called leaders have been completely wrong the last two times. And as far as the books....here is a little food for thought. Why does the company not want to show the Teamsters the financial books about their foreign investments? Could it be because they are using our concession money to fund their foreign projects? Why are they trying to hurry this election the way that they have? Could it be that they are afraid that they will show a profit this quarter, and if they did, we would never let them:2437: us so hard?

If the no votes prevail you'll be begging Conway to hire you in a few months.
I'm looking forward to the pay raise. It should be a wash, higher wages...but pay for some medical, and their company matches a 401K. (better than what we have) And at least they are trying to prosper, which is more that I see from YRCW.

I'm looking forward to the pay raise. It should be a wash, higher wages...but pay for some medical, and their company matches a 401K. (better than what we have) And at least they are trying to prosper, which is more that I see from YRCW.
And who's to say that Conway wants to hire lots of Teamsters all at one time?